Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 10:22 pm

I am not the biggest fan of the Hilton's EL. It's so often overcrowded, and the offerings are sub-par to what I am offered at competing properties in KL. I prefer the Meridien, which coincidentally is owned and now managed by the same entity.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyme2
I am not the biggest fan of the Hilton's EL. It's so often overcrowded, and the offerings are sub-par to what I am offered at competing properties in KL. I prefer the Meridien, which coincidentally is owned and now managed by the same entity.
I thought they were owned by the same group for awhile. I remember a few years back when you could be staying at the Hilton, and yet go to the steak restaurant at the Meridien, and charge the bill to your room.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I thought they were owned by the same group for awhile. I remember a few years back when you could be staying at the Hilton, and yet go to the steak restaurant at the Meridien, and charge the bill to your room.
It's somewhat complicated. They were owned by the same group, then split, and now, once again, share common ownership. Hilton's contract to manage the hotel is up for renewal this year, so there may be some changes, if not to branding, then perhaps to operations.
teemuflyer and jiaogulan like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
What are the odds of upgrading to Executive room with lounge access by booking a Deluxe Lakeview?
reading thru this thread seems quite impossible and Reservations try to sell me a guaranteed upgrade with a cost of MYR 200++ lol
am a Gold btw

Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyme2
It's certainly not the classiest of lounges.

Last week a party of four brought in foil-packaged food and tupperware tiffin boxes to picnic through the cocktail hour.

I'll be generous, maybe they had allergies or awkward dietary requirements...

Occupancy of the lounge quickly peaked (it was chockablock). But after an hour quickly dropped to only a few tables occupied. There was nothing much to keep or attract visitors: chicken wings, samosas and cheese lack even a mini wow-factor. But booze is booze, and our picnickers soldiered on ...
flyme2, kyushuman and jiaogulan like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Was there last Sunday after a night at the neighboring meridien, have to say the Hilton EL looks a poor mans happy hour compared to the offerings next door. The wine selection has dropped substantially too.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Can someone pots some current pictures of this property? my wife and I will be there the first week in November.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Can someone pots some current pictures of this property? my wife and I will be there the first week in November.
I am there now but I don't see my pictures would help anything as internet is full of pictures and even official pictures look pretty authentic to the real thing.

I don't think you need to worry. Rooms are nice with plenty of light, pool area is splendid and so is the executive lounge. Breakfast at the main restaurant have good variety of offering, especially asian variety. Executive lounge offering is still decent IMO.

Service is bit slow at times and they seem to forget what you actually wanted but self serving works fine

Overall I would rate this property quite high of the Hiltons I have visited. My only concern is, that while it is fine now on the off-season I am not sure how it will cope with much more people on the high season.
NoY, Abidjan and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Does this property give hotel guests any discounts at the in-house dining options? I have an upcoming booking here with a fruend, and we're quite interested in trying the Japanese restaurant.

I've been spoiled by the PJ Hilton (my usual area go-to) giving out 20% off vouchers to guests.

Not happy to hear the recent feedback on the EL, but as I've dropped to gold status and booked the twin deluxe (base level), I doubt I have to worry about an upgrade. 🤣
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by exs2

Service is bit slow at times and they seem to forget what you actually wanted but self serving works fine

Overall I would rate this property quite high of the Hiltons I have visited. My only concern is, that while it is fine now on the off-season I am not sure how it will cope with much more people on the high season.

That's a fair assessment. It's a star within the world of Hilton lounges, but distinctly sub-par if compared with what's on offer at other of KL's top hotels. It's the sheer number of guests with access. Last week wasn't unique, with groups waiting for free tables. I understand there's a relief facility available off the lobby downstairs.

But lounge aside it remains a great choice in KL. Service is excellent, rooms are comfortable: larger ones and the quirkily "curved" suites delightful. And it would be hard to beat the location for visitors.
NoY and kaffir76 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by Amelorn
Does this property give hotel guests any discounts at the in-house dining options? I have an upcoming booking here with a fruend, and we're quite interested in trying the Japanese restaurant.

I've been spoiled by the PJ Hilton (my usual area go-to) giving out 20% off vouchers to guests.

Not happy to hear the recent feedback on the EL, but as I've dropped to gold status and booked the twin deluxe (base level), I doubt I have to worry about an upgrade. 🤣
hmm I got a voucher for lunch and dinner discount
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by teo1991

hmm I got a voucher for lunch and dinner discount
Got one as well and they said it could be used more than once.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Its taken off automatically as long as you sign on the room. That piece of paper is a waste.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by exs2
I am there now but I don't see my pictures would help anything as internet is full of pictures and even official pictures look pretty authentic to the real thing.

I don't think you need to worry. Rooms are nice with plenty of light, pool area is splendid and so is the executive lounge. Breakfast at the main restaurant have good variety of offering, especially asian variety. Executive lounge offering is still decent IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. This helps a lot. Good to know about the EL, will have to try it once and see how it is.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
just a datapoint, but if you see an upgrade (OLCI) on the app ... just take it !

twice now this month, booked base room and 24h before check-in was showing Exec Plus. Thought I'd wait till check-in to see if suites were available ... 3pm on the day, OLCI now only showing Exec Room.

When I arrived at 10pm, got the room that was showing in app. Staff apologetic but also confirmed no better rooms available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.