Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yeah, I also just gave it some more thought, I think it's not worth it. He can probably get more value out of 4 x 163 MYR elsewhere.
In the past, I've personally stayed once at the Le Meridien next door (when I didn't have status yet) and twice at the St. Regis, where I was upgraded to a 140 sqm suite both times. So for me KL and nice suites sort of go together. ;-)
But I guess for him it's not really worth it.
Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Recently stayed in this hotel. Booked deluxe twin and was upgraded to executive twin as a Diamond member. Le Meridien KL where we stayed the night before upgraded me to their Le Meridien Suite as a Platinum Elite so I´d say Marriott treats their elites better (or maybe it was a coincidence). The evening cocktails at the Hilton KL was also not that impressive and the food took time to get refilled. The one in the Le Meridien was probably one of the best we´ve had: the kitchen makes noodles for you and there was also an oxtail dish from the buffet The fitness center and the pool with water slide are both located on the Hilton side which is a plus, altho guests from Le Meridien could also access them.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
Love this hotel anyway but love it even more after last week. Book into a normal deluxe room as a gold on 13th for five nights . Definitely unlucky for some as the window blind was broken and asked twice to be repaired. On third night I took broken chain to reception where I was invited to upgrade and spend my final three nights in an Executive Suite.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Hi what upgrade would I expect to get if I book a King Deluxe room as Honors Gold? Any chance of EL access or upgrade to room with EL access
or should I book a room of higher grade?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Have seen many requests at the front desk and generally denied or offered for a fee. Check the morning of stay on the app.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Just had another lovely but too-brief stay. Was upgraded to a really nice suite. Enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and afternoon tea service in the lounge. Wasn't able to make it to evening lounge service. Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Hotel is in an ideal location, especially with the bridge connecting Sentral so you don't even have to go outside or cross the street.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:58 am
Suspended

Have had several one night stays and have to say the property is failing. Food and drink are really bad at the lounge and service poor. I will stay away if not for this promo.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by ashkale
Have had several one night stays and have to say the property is failing. Food and drink are really bad at the lounge and service poor. I will stay away if not for this promo.
what promo is it ?

just completed a stay this week, and 5/5 times this year have been upgraded from base room to suite so still pleased As for lounge, it's nothing like its glory days (pre-2015 ?) but I wouldn't say it's bad.

Noticed soup is now a new part of the buffet. Food is not dinner material but definitely good enough for cocktail (mini-hot dog, chicken tikka? , (forgot what was the other hot option was) crispy garlic bread, prawn crackers, cheeses / salad / fruits and some desserts.

Also its the only Hilton in Malaysia that serves sparkling wine and branded spirits.

Of course, if one is comparing to the LM lounge then it's a definite no contest but otherwise it's pleasant enough for a drink before dinner .
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Pretty good with upgrades but the quality of drinks is cheap, food takes forever to refill, and the staff are running around doing everything and nothing. The 6k points per one night-stay promo.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:07 pm

Pretty good with upgrades but the quality of drinks is cheap, food takes forever to refill, and the staff are running around doing everything and nothing. The 6k points per one night-stay promo.
Care to elaborate? Is this publicly available promo or targeted?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:15 pm
Suspended

2+2+1(myway)+1(60nights).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
wow 6k ? is it a typo ?

otherwise it's no wonder they're giving me suites ... I'm probably paying 5 x more than what I'm getting

drinks wise, I'm comparing directly to F&B price at Hilton & LM which is easily RM50+ for a pint of Tiger/Calsburg. So getting it in Lounge albeit from a tin is still a plus for me considering the alternatives
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:46 am
Suspended

Am comparing it to drinkies and other alcohol delivery apps. If i have a suite at hilton, entertaining is easy along with cool apps which deliver as required till late. So spending crazy $ is out on property.
And yes all Hilton, Conrad and DT one night stays can get 6k points.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Am comparing it to drinkies and other alcohol delivery apps. If i have a suite at hilton, entertaining is easy along with cool apps which deliver as required till late. So spending crazy $ is out on property.
And yes all Hilton, Conrad and DT one night stays can get 6k points.
They have alcoholic drink delivery apps in KL? As in, I'd like a case of Tiger beer delivered to my room?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:08 pm
Suspended

​​​​​​Yes quite a few now such as
https://bit.ly/2StLZKj
https://bit.ly/2T1YIcc
Apart from all those personal shopper apps. Look for first time use/promo codes to lower your costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.