Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 3:07 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I Finaly just posted some pictures of last years trip to the Hilton KL (exec room, duplex suite and exec lounge) on my web-page
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:10 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Kuala Lumpur Hilton

I am heading here the first Saturday of March. Debating which room to book. The Executive Plus and the Innovative Suite are the same price and the Executive Room is 75 MYR cheaper per night.

As a HH Diamond in early March on a Saturday night should I low ball it and hope or just pay for what I want and not worry about it?

Any experience with the room types or recommendations.

Also. Havent seen it yet. Is the lounge open on weekends?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
I would book the suite. While you very well might be upgraded booking the other options an extra $20 to secure the suite is well worth it. The excellent lounge is open on weekends too.

The Executive Plus and the Innovative Suite are the same price
If the rate is the same wouldn't the choice be obvious??
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:03 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I asked because I have heard some suites at Hiltons do not always give lounge access. So I wanted to experience the lounge more than the suite if it was either or.

I have the suite reserved for 690 local. Not bad not great. But for a single night why not. Try and push Diamond and full price suite for early checkin late check out.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:02 am
h_m

[QUOTE=tenmoc]I asked because I have heard some suites at Hiltons do not always give lounge access. So I wanted to experience the lounge more than the suite if it was either or.

As a HH Diamond, you're sure to receive lounge access at KL Hilton. I was given lounge access as a HH Gold when I stayed there last February. I didn't even have to ask. At check-in, you'll be handed a welcome letter inviting you to the breakfast and light dinner buffets in the lounge, and you'll receive some additional benefits such as free laundry service on some items (I think). The view from the lounge is not to be missed. The best thing about KL Hilton is that it's literally across the street from the KL Central train station. So, your best means of transportation to and from the airport is to take the KLIA Express ($10 one way) which traves directly to the central station. So, you'll basically get directly from the airport to the hotel. ^

Enjoy your trip.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Although only a lowly "gold", I've always been provided lounge access at this property on all previous stays even if I haven't reserved a suite.

Originally Posted by tenmoc
I asked because I have heard some suites at Hiltons do not always give lounge access. So I wanted to experience the lounge more than the suite if it was either or.

I have the suite reserved for 690 local. Not bad not great. But for a single night why not. Try and push Diamond and full price suite for early checkin late check out.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
KL Lounge access

Although only a lowly "gold", I've always been provided lounge access at this property on all previous stays even if I haven't reserved a suite.

Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Need to meet the post count requirement for CC in a hurry?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Elena
I would book the suite. While you very well might be upgraded booking the other options an extra $20 to secure the suite is well worth it. The excellent lounge is open on weekends too.

If the rate is the same wouldn't the choice be obvious??
Exactly...I stay here on a regular basis and room upgrades are not always available(even for a regular DIA)...I do always have lounge access however...$20 for a suite is a cheap guarantee for terrific accommodations...and the staff here is terrific!!
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Lounge access is 100% of the time for my 3 stays in the past 9 months. Unless you are always in the hotel, for me, an exec room is good enough.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:40 am

Hilton KL have been very kind to me. Only a "lowly gold" but each of my 3 stays which were booked for standard rooms, were all upgraded to the Executive Rooms with complete lounge access .... enjoy it!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Costco
I am heading here the first Saturday of March. Debating which room to book. The Executive Plus and the Innovative Suite are the same price and the Executive Room is 75 MYR cheaper per night.

As a HH Diamond in early March on a Saturday night should I low ball it and hope or just pay for what I want and not worry about it?

Any experience with the room types or recommendations.

Also. Havent seen it yet. Is the lounge open on weekends?
My past several experience is that you book the cheap Exe. Room and they will upgrade you to the executive plus or innovative suite, guaranteed. But, if you get a cheaper room...now that is a little ify. But like everyone says, you will get the lounge access.

I would get the exe. room, and just call ahead and make sure that you secured the upgrade.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:48 pm

Although its only a reservation I do have the suite booked. Since it was the same as the Executive Prem and not a lot more than the executive. So to secure the suite was my big concern.

That said I will be emailing ahead and hoping that I can secure and early morning checkin and a mid afternoon checkout. Why not. Its a no if I dont ask right.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:09 am

Hilton KL is indeed a very nice hotel, esp. the innovation suite. I like the club very much, and they provide really delicious food compared to many others esp in the States.

You can also hop over to the Meridien, which is the identical twin of Hilton. The last time I was there, I can also charge the food to my Hilton account.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by josh123
What is it like? I'm staying in an Innovation Suite
Look atthis this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...C+Kuala+Lumpur

It has a lot of information about the KL Hilton with a number of trip reports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.