Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamonds ARE appreciated after all

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamonds ARE appreciated after all

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 3:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I checked out of a Hilton property Tuesday afternoon. I am a regular guest there and am generally pleased. This past visit was disappointing for several reasons. I responded to the Diamond email on Wednesday with my critique. I received an assurance that day from the Diamond Desk that the matter would be communicated to the property. I heard this aftrenoon from the property.

Good Evening Mr. BamaVol,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I greatly apologize for the shortcomings found and completely understand your disappointment with your visit. I understand that it is our job to provide a comfortable, relaxing environment, and the phenomenal service our company is so reputable for! Much to my dismay, we have failed in regard to providing you with a quiet room and a stress-free Executive Lounge. I greatly apologize our Lounge renovations were not communicated to you properly.
I can assure you this is not a standard in this hotel, and your concerns are being taken very seriously and addressed very aggressively with our staff. The team is committed to improvement and making a better place for our guests. I appreciate your commentary as it has helped to focus our staff on this mission. I can assure you we will work hard to improve over the immediate future.
I have credited your Diamond Account with 2,000 Hilton Honors points for the inconveniences. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this up to you! Your business is appreciated and your satisfaction is extremely important to us!
If you would like to discuss this further with me, please feel free to call me directly at XXX-XXX-5950!
Again, thank you for your feedback!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Yours in hospitality,
Ashley Hollander
Front Office Manager
Don't know what the situation is you encountered but I would say they gave you about 5 or 10 dollars worth of points.
I wouldn't be too impressed by the gesture unless the situation was no big deal in the first place.
On the other hand the letter was very well written and thoughtful and they appear to have taken some ownership of the problem.
That's a great sign.
With that said if I couldn't sleep because of noise and experienced other problems on the same stay 2000 would not be fair IMO
Old Dec 9, 2005, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Don't know what the situation is you encountered but I would say they gave you about 5 or 10 dollars worth of points.
I wouldn't be too impressed by the gesture unless the situation was no big deal in the first place.
On the other hand the letter was very well written and thoughtful and they appear to have taken some ownership of the problem.
That's a great sign.
With that said if I couldn't sleep because of noise and experienced other problems on the same stay 2000 would not be fair IMO
The noise in the next room was not the fault of the hotel. I was awakened at 12:30. I put in earplugs and went back to sleep. I have vowed never to accept another adjoining room. My complaint was not having been informed that the lounge was closed for remodeling and relocated temporarily to a little meeting room. Since I was given lounge access because of my Diamond status, I wasn't paying for the lounge. So, 2000 points may be fair recompense.

Really, I'm more impressed that my complaint was addressed so quickly. I suppose if I was dissatisfied with the 2000 points, I could call and ask for more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.