Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA plat CO gold
Recent Cancun Hilton experience?

I am going to book few nights stay for week long trip. Golf is closed. Is there construction there?
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:50 pm

I would be interested in if this property is good about recognizing their Diamond and Gold members. We booked a package (through NW airlines) so am wondering if we will be entitled to Diamond benefits (upgrade, lounge access).
Old Oct 28, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by bpan0704
I am going to book few nights stay for week long trip. Golf is closed. Is there construction there?
I was there with my family of 5 in June for 10 days on a combined award/paid stay. Construction was minimal and did not impact my stay at all. This is a terrific resort with great staff. Lounge was one of the better ones I have visited with good selection of items for breakfast and free appetizers/drinks in the evening including pina coladas. Awesome pool! Upgraded to villa as diamond. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation Search??

A Search using the word "cancun" would have resulted in 199 threads about cancun.

Several within the last month.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=cancun
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:44 pm

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

A Search using the word "cancun" would have resulted in 199 threads about cancun.

Several within the last month.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=cancun
[/COLOR]
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:51 pm

Any activities for kid, 6 and 10 boy? Going stay there few nights after Thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by azpyre
I signed up a bus tour from Hilton. It's almost a whole day tour. Actual journey time is only 2.5 hrs each way.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 2:51 pm

Hilton Cancun - Kids Club

Any activities for kid, 6 and 10 boy? Going stay there few nights after Thanksgiving.
You can find information about the resort's supervised children's activities (ages 4 to 11) and associated costs at their Iguana Club web page at http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/h...RHH_IguanaC_hp
Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA
Cancun questions

Thanks for all the great information. My wife and I will be there in a week (award stay) with our 6-month old daughter and my wife's mom.

We always hear "don't drink the water in Mexico". Since we'll be making food for my daughter I want to be extra careful. Is the water at the resort safe or do we need to stock up on bottled water?

I'm a Hilton Diamond and I'm hopeful that we'll be upgraded. Is there any way to know ahead of time if we've been upgraded or do you just have to wait until you get there? We called and emailed the hotel management to ask if they will provide a crib and haven't heard anything back.

My wife and I want to take one of those boat trips where they take you to some great snorkeling sites. Does anybody have any recommendations for tour companies to use or which tour to go on?

Thanks for any replies!

ryanvgt
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:53 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
"We always hear "don't drink the water in Mexico". Since we'll be making food for my daughter I want to be extra careful. Is the water at the resort safe or do we need to stock up on bottled water?"

The resort water is fine for drinking, but to be 100% safe use bottled water. At another large all-inclusive resort near Playa Del Carmen I still would even brush my teeth with bottled water - but my husband did not. According to that resort, they use a particular water filtration system the same as NASA uses.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Plat

We always hear "don't drink the water in Mexico". Since we'll be making food for my daughter I want to be extra careful. Is the water at the resort safe or do we need to stock up on bottled water?

Please don't even think of using anything but bottled water to drink or brush your teeth in Mexico, regardless of assurances of a purified water system. Especially for a baby.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
Originally Posted by ctkathy

Please don't even think of using anything but bottled water to drink or brush your teeth in Mexico, regardless of assurances of a purified water system. Especially for a baby.
The water at the resorts in Cancun is safe to drink. I would not drink it if you are off the beaten path.

For those of you scared to drink it I pose the following:

1. What do you think they rinse and prepare the food with? and
2. What do you think the ice is made out of?
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:21 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ryanvgt
Thanks for all the great information. My wife and I will be there in a week (award stay) with our 6-month old daughter and my wife's mom.
please let the board know how your stay was ^

BTW, welcome to Flyertalk ryanvgt !

--
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Does the hotel have an airport van? If not how much is a taxi, also are there many restaurants walking distance? We are traveling with a group of 10 19/21 year olds and they want to know how far the "night life" is?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
night life is a fair ways away but there is good direct bus service to the action zone. Getting to the other action zone in downtown is a bit more challenging but doable. We always have a car so that is not a problem for us.

Can't help on the hotel shuttle service (if they have one).

Concierge has already upgraded us as Diamonds for our Feb stay (she gave us a choice of junior suite with hottub balcony or oceanfront villa). We always liked the garden villas so oceanfront villa should also be fine (or better). Easy access to lounge and beach! ^

PS. there are lots of areas to go explore by tour or if you rent a car. Not far to ruins at Coba, Tulum, Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve etc. Birdwatching, snorkeling, scuba, bodysurfing, golfing, or just vegging out--all easy to do from the Cancun Hilton!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Question

[QUOTE=BlondeBomber;6740266]
Concierge has already upgraded us as Diamonds for our Feb stay (she gave us a choice of junior suite with hottub balcony or oceanfront villa). We always liked the garden villas so oceanfront villa should also be fine (or better). Easy access to lounge and beach! ^

We are taking our first trip to Cancun (have been to Acapulco and PV but never Cancun) at the end of March. We're Gold, so we wanted to ask for a specfic upgrade -- haven't been able to decide between a junior suite or a villa. They both sound lovely. Whom did you contact for your upgrade? Did you make the request through the main Honors desk -- or the hotel directly? Thanks much for your advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.