Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by coachscott
Thanks Mr. Key, I was at the Cancun Hilton 8/12 to 8/17 and I emailed Olga beforehand. I'm gold and she upgraded us to the villas with full lounge access. We also learned that just by staying in the villas, you don't have to have villas lounge access if the room is just a normal upgrade.

our stay was awesome....
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay..Olga is the best..I think she was confused and thought I was coming back in less than a month
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:09 pm
In memoriam

The rate was really great as I just extended a GLONP with 2 paid nights. I am looking forward to my next stay in CUN.

Last edited by MRKEY; Aug 20, 2006 at 9:18 pm
Old Aug 24, 2006, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
Thank you mcgahat and MRKEY!

Thank you both for your suggestions! I recently sent an e-mail to the hotel, albeit well in advance of my early October stay, but I received a very friendly reply and a secured upgrade to a villa unit for my stay while there (at no additional cost to boot!) I've only been Diamond for a few weeks, but am already loving it! Thanks again! ^
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:05 am
D&D

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by BluEyezNSC
Thank you both for your suggestions! I recently sent an e-mail to the hotel, albeit well in advance of my early October stay, but I received a very friendly reply and a secured upgrade to a villa unit for my stay while there (at no additional cost to boot!) I've only been Diamond for a few weeks, but am already loving it! Thanks again! ^
That sounds great! Just out of curiosity, which email address did you use as several were mentioned in this thread?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:47 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by D&D
That sounds great! Just out of curiosity, which email address did you use as several were mentioned in this thread?
MRKEY
Here is the e-mail address Olga gave me..tell her MRKEY sent you.
olga medina <[email protected]>
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by D&D
which email address did you use as several were mentioned in this thread?
I used the e-mail for Olga Medina. I was already holding a reservation for a standard ocean view room, and may have been upgraded on arrival, but it's great to know in advance that I will be in the villas and have lounge access!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:24 pm
D&D

Originally Posted by MRKEY
MRKEY
Here is the e-mail address Olga gave me..tell her MRKEY sent you.
olga medina <[email protected]>
Thanks!! Sounds like you have spent some time at the Hilton Cancun. In your opinion am I better requesting a Villa room or a Junior Suite? In doing a search of this site I have found Diamonds have gotten one or the other. Both seem to have pros and cons, but I would be curious if you had an opinion on the best type of room upgrade. Are there other types of room upgrade possibilities for Diamonds that I have missed??

Also, have not been able to get a definitive answer on whether or not one could get Villa lounge access as a Diamond in a Junior Suite?

Also, just out of curiosity, what is Olga's position? Front Desk Manager?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:29 pm
D&D

I used the e-mail for Olga Medina. I was already holding a reservation for a standard ocean view room, and may have been upgraded on arrival, but it's great to know in advance that I will be in the villas and have lounge access!
I agree... Trying to do the same for a late October visit. Sounds like Olga is very prompt and helpful. Thanks for your reply and definitely post a review of your trip and any words of wisdom once you return...
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by D&D
Thanks!! Sounds like you have spent some time at the Hilton Cancun. In your opinion am I better requesting a Villa room or a Junior Suite? In doing a search of this site I have found Diamonds have gotten one or the other. Both seem to have pros and cons, but I would be curious if you had an opinion on the best type of room upgrade. Are there other types of room upgrade possibilities for Diamonds that I have missed??

Also, have not been able to get a definitive answer on whether or not one could get Villa lounge access as a Diamond in a Junior Suite?

I would like to know this as well. Just booked a trip for early April 07. Last time we were there, Feb 05, we stayed in the hotel but had access to the lounge in the Villa or a continental breakfast at the restaurant. The choice was ours. That was before the renovation from the hurricane. I hope it remains the same. Please post if anyone has had any experience recently. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by D&D
Here is the response I received from Olga after asking her specifically if, as Diamond, I would receive lounge access if I was not upgraded to a villa unit: "yes, you do have access to the lounge since you are a Diamond member". However, she then proceeded to inform me of my advance upgrade to a villa unit. YMMV
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:17 am
D&D

Here is the response I received from Olga after asking her specifically if, as Diamond, I would receive lounge access if I was not upgraded to a villa unit: "yes, you do have access to the lounge since you are a Diamond member". However, she then proceeded to inform me of my advance upgrade to a villa unit. YMMV
Good info. Did you specifically request a villa room with Olga, or was it something she just came out and offered to your request for an upgrade? If you get lounge access either way, the junior suites in the main building look very nice. Not sure if they are a common upgrade for Diamonds (like the Villas seem to be), but that may be a tough call between the Villa and Junior Suite if both have lounge access and are an option...

I am also curious if anyone has ever got crazy upgrades here such as their Presidential Suite, Villa Suite or any of the other top tier suites they have (it looks like there are a few tiers above the junior suite)?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by D&D

I just returned from an 8 day stay at the Hilton Cancun, and I can't say enough good things about this resort.

To answer your question as to the best choice of rooms: if I had my choice between staying in a Villa or junior suite, I would definitely chose the junior suite. Although in the past I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Villas, this time I decided to request a room in the main hotel. The staff (more like friends) from the lounge were originally upset with me that I wasn't staying with them at the Villas, I assured them that I would still be using the lounge during my stay and looked forward to visiting with them.

I am so glad I made this decision. As a Diamond member I had complete access to the Villa's lounge but this time I had a wonderful room with a spectacular view of paradise. This view cannot be had at the Villas. I also enjoyed the beauty as well as sights and sound of the lobby whiles passing through en route to my room. It was definitely the best of both worlds. I would highly recommend giving the rooms in the hotel a try. Just my humble opinion.

Olga, I believe is in charge of guest relations and does an incredible job making sure that everyone enjoys their stay. She also makes a point to acknowledge past guests of the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with a beautiful fruit bowl and a personal call from her welcoming us back and offering her services if there was anything we needed. She gave us her direct line to contact her. This enthusiasm trickles down through the ranks resulting in one of the most professional staffs I have ever encountered. Everyone truly seems to enjoy their work, and go out of their way so that you cannot help but enjoy your stay.

What a wonderful resort! Can't wait to go back.

Last edited by Always Travel Ready; Sep 1, 2006 at 9:03 am
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Always Travel Ready
As a Diamond member I had complete access to the Villa's lounge but this time I had a wonderful room with a spectacular view of paradise.
Thanks for sharing your recent experience! Although I am staying in a villa unit in October, I am thinking of taking my children next summer and will probably shoot for a junior suite upgrade at that time.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.8 mm), HH Diamond
Trip Report - Cancun

If your idea of a vacation is sun, sand, surf, and supurb service - GO HERE!
Now the details.

My wife and I are both mid 50s executives that work too hard. We just wanted a few days of doing nothing in the sun. We chose Cancun mainly because we could get there in about 5 hours from where we live. We are gold members. This stay was on points (GLON2P). October 4 - 11, 2006.

The property: A very nice hotel, as nice as Hilton gets. They are not fully recovered from the hurricane (the lawns are still a little ragged, the golf course does not reopen until December) but it was no issue at all. In fact, because of the hurricane recovery, the hotel looks and feels new.

We were upgraded to one of the main building junior suites with the spa on the deck. The deck was huge, bigger than the room - hot tub, table and chairs, 2 chaise lounges, and lots of room left over. We really loved having the hot tub, used it many times. The deck is private so you can use it nude if you wish.

There is other discussion on Flyertalk comparing these rooms to the cabanas where the lounge is. Although I enjoys lounge access, and enjoy the free drinks in them, in my book, the hot tub wins! I can buy all the drinks I want. The cabanas are closer to the beach, but only by about 60 seconds or so.

The pool and beach are just as nice as the pictures. Waiter service all around the pools and beach, for drinks and food. The pools are salt water. The ocean was wonderful! Beautiful turquois water, warm, with a nice surf to play in, and nice white sand. Swim up bar in the main pool.

Restaurants and bars: 4 Restaurants and 4 other bars. We ate/drank in them all. Very good food. a little pricey, but not out of line for a resort hotel. If you eat in all three of the main restaurants, they take 15% (20% gold or diamond) off of the bills when you check out. Room service was excellent. 20 minutes for full meals, very well done, hot and tasty. The menu includes some of the specialty dishes from the restaurants.

As a gold, we had certificates for 'contentental breakfast' every day. It was a very big buffet of cold foods, including meats, salmon, lots of breads, fruits, etc. On the weekend, they had mimosas. On Sunday, they invited us to also partake of their 'hot food' area. This was nice, but the cold breakfast was plenty good.

Health Club and Spa: Health club was very nice, large, lots of equipment. Spa was as nice as I have ever seen. A great massage!

The staff: Really shines! Every staff member really seems to enjoy being there, and being of service. We did not encounter a single surly employee in six days. All speak good English. Excellent service at every turn!

Occupancy: If felt like no one was there! The occupancy rate was around 40%. Many of the hotels have not reopened yet. The beach and pools were very empty. There was really no downside to this, all facilities were open. The upside was that service was sometimes practically one on one.

Activities: On premises sales and transportation origination of water based and other activities of every kind. Parasailing, jet skis, snorkeling right from the beach. Many other things available off premises. We did not do any off premises activities of any kind. We were there to rest.

Would we go there again? No, but only because we never go anywhere twice. There are far more places in the world that we want to go than we have time to go to. But, it was a great trip. We have nothing but wonderful thinks to say about this one!!!!!
Old Oct 15, 2006, 4:02 pm

My husband and I will be travelling there in December. I am curious if as a Gold member you were offered lounge access as well (for evening cocktails). Also did they automatically upgrade you or did you need to ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.