Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 1:06 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by UAmainbird
Report sounds very good. And I'm glad that they are back up and running.
I really enjoy the beach there (long, wide, soft & white) and am looking forward to returning.

1) Several Mexican beers are available as well as mixed drinks Are the alcohol drinks complimentary in the lounge? I'm used to that with (some) Canadian Hiltons, but wasn't sure about this property.

2) Did you explore much of the rest of the area? I'm curious if the other hotels have been pretty much cleared up, opened up as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The beer and booze are free only during the nightly cocktail hour, between 5 and 7 PM. At other times, you pay.
We did a little exploring. While there is still some construction taking place, by and large most hotels are back to normal, or at the very least...very close. We walked the beach one day...it has definitely been fully restored....at least for the pretty sizeable portion that we walked. Most businesses are also up and running with only an occasional closed shop. All of the major shopping areas are definitely back in the game.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Just resturned from 3 day stay

Me and my wife just returned from a 3 day stay at this property. My wife had never been to Cancun or Mexico for that matter and with some nice reviews of this property we decided to give it a try. I would like to preface this review with the fact that I do NOT like resorts typically and think they are mostly a rip-off but decided to give this property a shot given the good reviews.

Transportation to hotel: We used Best Day Travel and paid $17USD for the two of us for one way transport via shuttle van. Since the Hilton is one of the first hotels that you come to as you enter the the hotel zone you should be the first ones dropped off. We waited maybe a few minutes for the shuttle to leave the airport and a good deal overall I thought. On the way back from the hotel we used a taxi from the hotel and paid $22USD.

Check-in: We went to the Hilton Honors check in and they told us that we are in the Villas and ask one of the bell men to drive us over to the Villas Lounge to check in. I had noticed that my reservation changed the day before to Garden Villa from room assigned at check in the day before. The people at the Villas lounge are really nice and friendly and got us checked in really quickly and our room was ready for check in even though it was only 1PM.

The room: I was not blown away by the room but it was a nice room. I assume it was bigger as I dont think the main hotel rooms has the sofa in the room so there was plenty of space in the room and it was nice just nothing spectacular about it. It did have a ceiling fan and since we where on the top (3rd floor) there was a vaulted ceiling which made it seem that much more spacious. The balcony had a couple of chairs and a table on it. The Villa rooms offer a lot more privacy than being in a hotel and get you away from all the bussle of the main hotel.

I see why are room was referred to as a garden villa room now. The garden villa rooms are set back about 100 yards from the beach villa rooms which are pretty much right at the edge of the beach. There is the grounds area in front of the garden villa rooms then the beach villa rooms which set closer to the ocean. The garden villa rooms still have a ocean view (as all rooms do I think, villa or not) and since our villa was the next building over from the lounge I actually found the garden villa rooms to be preferable. We had a great view from our room.

Villas Lounge: Staff was excellent, always someone in there to answer and questions you have and always friendly. Breakfast was a small buffet style with fruit, cheeses, cold meats, a few breads/pastries, cereals and a few hot items which changed each day. Simple but very good. They told when checking in that Breakfast would get very busy from 9-10am but we didnt find it that bad but I dont know that that hotel was completely full during our visit. There is outside and inside seating for the lounge. In the evening they have drinks and a nice hot snacks.

Hotel restaurants: While I dont think the hotel restaurants where that expensive given this was a resort we preferred to eat at outside restaurants as they where cheaper. We did have lunch one day at spices and I think it cost about $40usd for a couple of sandwiches and soft drinks for me and my wife.

Transportation in Cancun: We started by using taxi but I thought $10+USD for a relatively short trip was kind of high so we used the bus and it is a much better deal. They come really quickly and really they all go to where you need to go so for $6.5pesos each person that is a much better deal.

Pools: Really a great aspect of the hotel is the expansive pool area and really is great for lounging as there is plenty of space and there are several pools so plenty of room for swimming.

Summary: Even though I dont really care for resorts usually this one is pretty good and I would not hesitate to return....as a matter of fact I think we are planning on returning in Decemeber or January when the weather cools off a bit as it was hot hot hot over the weekend. Great peopla and a great property.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
mcgahat - Thanks for the trip report!

I have an upcoming 4 night paid stay here in early October. Is this usually a busy time for this property? I am hoping for an upgrade to a villa while there, but if not successful, am I correct in thinking that as Diamond I will receive lounge access even if I'm not staying in the villas? Thanks in advance for any input!
Old Aug 3, 2006, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by BluEyezNSC
mcgahat - Thanks for the trip report!

I have an upcoming 4 night paid stay here in early October. Is this usually a busy time for this property? I am hoping for an upgrade to a villa while there, but if not successful, am I correct in thinking that as Diamond I will receive lounge access even if I'm not staying in the villas? Thanks in advance for any input!

I asked the guy in the lounge when is the hotel the busiest and he said my experience was relatively typical and didnt really give me any indication of when the property was more busy than others. I would bet that as long as it isnt Thanksgiving or some other US holiday it should be relatively easy to get the upgrade. I also got the impression that only Villa guest got Villa Lounge access but I did not confirm that so they may just give you an upgraded room and breakfast in the hotel area. I actually meant to ask that question before I left but totally forgot.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I asked the guy in the lounge when is the hotel the busiest and he said my experience was relatively typical and didnt really give me any indication of when the property was more busy than others. I would bet that as long as it isnt Thanksgiving or some other US holiday it should be relatively easy to get the upgrade. I also got the impression that only Villa guest got Villa Lounge access but I did not confirm that so they may just give you an upgraded room and breakfast in the hotel area. I actually meant to ask that question before I left but totally forgot.
True..only Villas guests get the Villa lounge access w/ hot breakfast. In the main hotel..the free cold breakfast is at "Spices" . Secure your upgrade. Call Olga at the hotel, the HHonors Concierge Desk chief is Mr. Sander Wildeman, very helpful folks. Enjoy your stay..I certainly did.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MRKEY
True..only Villas guests get the Villa lounge access w/ hot breakfast. In the main hotel..the free cold breakfast is at "Spices" . Secure your upgrade. Call Olga at the hotel, the HHonors Concierge Desk chief is Mr. Sander Wildeman, very helpful folks. Enjoy your stay..I certainly did.
Is there an email address to send a request at this hotel? I found an address [email protected] for this hotel at http://www.hilton.co.uk but it is not working.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Is there an email address to send a request at this hotel? I found an address [email protected] for this hotel at http://www.hilton.co.uk but it is not working.
Here is the e-mail address Olga gave me..tell her MRKEY sent you.
olga medina <[email protected]>
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Thank you very much.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador

Are you sure about that person?
Is she a reservations agent?
I sent her an e-mail, but got a strange/funny reply
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
here is an address I have used that works but it has been a while

[email protected]
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:34 pm

[email protected] is the email posted in the brochure for the hotel and was a place where I started and it worked fine as well.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:49 pm

We have stayed at the Cancun Hilton durring spring break this year and last. This year we got upgraded to the Vilas, last year we were in an upgraded room in the main hotel. Both years we had access to the Villas lounge. Thought this was a wonderful perk and staff was great at the lounge. Enjoyed breakfast and evening reception. Rooms were almost identical excpet location with a couch and king bed. Both had balcony.

We truely enjoy this resort and would certainly stay again in Cancun.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by janvdr
Are you sure about that person?
Is she a reservations agent?
I sent her an e-mail, but got a strange/funny reply
This is the response I got from her:

"Oh my God!!!!!!!!! It is great to hear that you are planning to come back, that makes me so happy.
The hotel is looking better than ever, I promise.
And just because you are a member of our in-house shelter (ja,ja) we can give you a rate of 129 dolars plus taxes and I will upgrade your room complementary. How dos that sound?
Please let me know as soon as you can so I can go ahead and block the room.
Take care,
Olga"

When I tried the e-mail described above, I got a rate offer of 139 dollars...

Smells fishy
Old Aug 19, 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by janvdr
This is the response I got from her:

"Oh my God!!!!!!!!! It is great to hear that you are planning to come back, that makes me so happy.
The hotel is looking better than ever, I promise.
And just because you are a member of our in-house shelter (ja,ja) we can give you a rate of 129 dolars plus taxes and I will upgrade your room complementary. How dos that sound?
Please let me know as soon as you can so I can go ahead and block the room.
Take care,
Olga"

When I tried the e-mail described above, I got a rate offer of 139 dollars...

Smells fishy
1. I am sure Olga gets a lot of emails and I know they have a lot of return customers after some conversations on my last trip so I am sure she just got you confused with one of them.

2. The email is valid as it is the one that was copied on emails to me in the past.

3. I would jump on that deal as it is a pretty good one IMO.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, Starwood Gold, Alaskairlines
Thank you Mr. Key

Thanks Mr. Key, I was at the Cancun Hilton 8/12 to 8/17 and I emailed Olga beforehand. I'm gold and she upgraded us to the villas with full lounge access. We also learned that just by staying in the villas, you don't have to have villas lounge access if the room is just a normal upgrade.

our stay was awesome....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.