Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2003, 7:03 pm

I was there in february -

wonderful place -

super people and weather -

they take dollars just like pesos -

take the shuttle bus to hotel row it costs almost nothing 5 pesos (5o cents) when i was there.

The hilton was wonderful.

the beach was super.
Old May 29, 2003, 9:56 am

Using GLON at Hilton Cancun

In the light of devaluated GLON, I am also thinking of burning my points at Hilton Cancun. I have a few questions for the gurus here.

1. when is the best time to visit Cancun?
2. will a diamond always get a villa in Hilton Cancun? How big is the villa and how many overnight guests can comfortably stay in the villa?
3. I will probably invite my parent to visit there with us. So can I book two rooms at the same time under my name with two GLON certificates? Will my parents also get all the diamond treatments, such as room upgrade, free breakfast, lounge access, etc?

Thanks for your kind help.

Old May 29, 2003, 10:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
1. when is the best time to visit Cancun?
- can be cool in January/early Feb but still pleasant (low 70s), rainy season in summer until Oct (and even into early Dec.). (but I have had good trips there in early Dec./late Nov.)
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
HIGH 83 84 86 89 90 90 90 91 89 87 85 83
LOW 67 67 69 72 73 75 75 75 75 74 71 69
RAIN 3.5 2.2 1.6 1.6 4.6 7.0 4.3 5.9 9.0 8.6 3.8 4.3

2. will a diamond always get a villa in Hilton Cancun? How big is the villa and how many overnight guests can comfortably stay in the villa?
-no but good chance. Like a big room. Depends on how many beds there are. Typically 2 plus lots of room for rollaways . . .
3. I will probably invite my parent to visit there with us. So can I book two rooms at the same time under my name with two GLON certificates? Will my parents also get all the diamond treatments, such as room upgrade, free breakfast, lounge access, etc?
- don't know if your parents will get all the diamond treatment, but you should ask the concierge/manager before you get there what the options are. Don't think they are obliged to (since you are not staying in the other room). If you book both rooms in your name, I guess it's possible.

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 05-29-2003).]
Old May 29, 2003, 12:04 pm

Thanks, BlondeBomber. So you think booking two rooms under my name will increase my chance of getting diamond treatment for my parents?
Old May 29, 2003, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Even as gold I got free breakfast for second reward room (limited sample admittedly but it does happen). I think you stand a good chance if both reservations are in your name. The staff at Hilton Cancun are very good and I think they should be able to confirm this prior to your arrival.
Old May 31, 2003, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Best Season for Cancun

What would be the best season to head to Cancun on a GLON?

Would the Jr Suite or the Villas be a better upgrade on this award? (I'm Gold)
Old May 31, 2003, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Normally, I'd say mid-winter but since you're from Orlando that's probably not as important to you as it would be for someone who lives in North Dakota.

Still, December thru February are generally considered the nicest months there given the lower humidity and slightly more pleasant temps.
Old May 31, 2003, 9:16 am

Cancun Jr Suite vs. Villas

Any recommendations on a Jr Suite vs one of the Villas in Cancun. I am Gold and hoping to upgrade.
Old May 31, 2003, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
We were there in early April. I would say the day time temps were in the low to mid 80s and the lows were 65 to 70. The humidity wasn't too bad, particularly when it was breezy. We are going next year in mid Feb. I'm guessing that the temps might be 3 to 5 degrees cooler then.

We stayed in a Jr. Suite and really liked it. We were on the 6th Floor with a full-on ocean view. Jacuzzi tub on the deck was cool. The Villas look like an interesting choice, although most do not have views.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 12:42 pm

Early Confirmed Upgrades at Cancun Hilton

Any clues on getting early confirmed upgrades at the Cancun Hilton for Golds. I tried to call the hotel directly and speak to the manager. I was routed to the reservations desk and they said the request was noted, but wouldn't be confirmed until check-in. I had heard that this was a property that could be confirmed early. (I'm going in slow season the end of January next year).
Old Jun 6, 2003, 1:15 pm

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Just got back from 2 weeks at the Cancun Hilton last night. Tried via email to get an upgrade, but hotel was pretty full between 2 conventions going on at the same time, so no upgrade was possible. If you go in off season, you may have a pretty good shot. If you have further questions, shoot me an email.

------------------
Old Jun 6, 2003, 1:41 pm

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Just got back from Cancun Hilton last night. Was unable to get upgraded to villa suite due to convention at hotel. Can tell you that standard hotel rooms are just that. Pretty normal rooms. If you can't get upgraded, at least try to request the wing that juts out towards the beach. It is the only hallway that is airconditioned and it did make a difference last week. In talking to our van driver, he said that Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb were good months to go as it is not very crowded, so you should have a good shot at upgrades.
We were there for 9 days...if you have any questions, email me.
Have fun.

------------------
Old Jun 6, 2003, 1:46 pm

just got back from cancun last night. according to the van driver taking us to the airport, Nov-Mar are pretty good times. Kind of off season and good shot at upgrades. Hotel was full with convention, so we were not able to upgrade. I did get 2 GLON rooms under my name for a total of 6 people. All were included on the free breakfast. Breakfast was continental, but more than enough to get you going. The El Kiosko restaurant by the pool is great and the staff was wonderful. You will have a good time.

------------------
Old Aug 20, 2003, 8:27 pm

The search did not pull up anything. Anybody know from experience? Also, how is Presidents week?
Old Aug 20, 2003, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
When is President's week? I've been to Cacnun twice and am going in Jan and Mar of 2004.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.