Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Palmer House a Hilton Hotel {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmer House a Hilton Hotel {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:04 pm

As always, ask nicely and you may get a suite.
I love the one with a pool table
Old Jul 8, 2005, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
This would be a great idea... I have yet to stay at the Palmer but when I do I'll post room # info.
Mrs. infinityplusone and her mom do have an up coming stay so I'll ask her about their room.

Is it safe to say that if you are in X room the room above and below your room would have the same layout?

I really like how the Drake has their room guide posted, so you can not only see pictures of the room but also the room layout (top down view) in their interactive tour of the hotel.

Edited to add: Jul trip was changed (going to Traverse City instead). Hopefully will have a Palmer House stay to post about soon.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Jul 21, 2005 at 9:41 am
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat/Oneworld Sapphire
I've never been declined an upgrade as a gold, but I'm a ridiculously frequent guest.

The 2 double/2 bath rooms are generally pretty big, but there is a huge 2 double/2 bath room on the 21st (honors) floor. That one might be your best bet. Ask for the Towers Concierge a couple of days before your stay and see if they can help you out.

Last week: 23-219, huge king room, lake view (the only lake view room on in the Towers), enclosed wet bar area, enclosed chest-of-drawers. Strange bathroom, the sink was separated with a pocket door from the commode and standing shower (no bathtub, huh.). You can see the Navy Pier fireworks from the lake view window, which was nice.

The room X on another floor is not a fair comparison, I know that all the towers rooms have been renovated and it's not the case for the lower floors. Also, the 100 & 200 wings are on different sides of the building on the lower floors and a lot of the Towers rooms are combined "studio/closet" rooms.

Last edited by missdona; Jul 11, 2005 at 7:36 am
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: CO-GLD;HH-GLD;UA-1P;F9 QuickAscent;FL Courtesy Elite
22-103

Tonight's entry into the Palmer House room sweepstakes:

22-103: Smaller (but not the tiniest) room overlooking courtyard/light well on the executive floor without the lounge. Renovated room with double-showerhead in small bathroom. Fine for the one night I'm here this trip.
A/C is a little anemic (we're working on it), however.

First time using the e-checkin service (which conveniently doesn't display the room number until you've picked it). But they first assigned me a smoking room, so I took the gambleon a non-smoking room and got this one. Funny thing--it said "away from elevator" but it's really pretty close to the elevator (I'd say it's closer to the elevator than 85% of the rooms on the floor)...
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:55 am

Last week they assigned me a "smoking" room, 23-219, but it was really a non-smoking room. They told me it used to be a smoking room, but after the renovation became non-smoking. I don't think the descriptions are accurate all the time for the e-check ins.

Also, I found out that they get 50-60 diamond check ins a day.
I was initially assigned to 22-101, King exec room, but the Towers Concierge thought a room change would suit me better.

So, 23-126. 2 double bed/2 bath exec room, away from elevator. Couch facing the TV. Bathrooms were a little small. View looking north on State Street. Very nice room. Yesterday debuted the La Source bathroom amenities. The soap was nice, and the shampoo and conditioner smelled not so nice. The bottles are cute.

Last edited by missdona; Jul 15, 2005 at 7:47 am
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AAGold, SW-RR, HertzGold, Marriott, Starwood-Plat
Thumbs up Recent Stay/Room# details

Had a SUPER stay this past week in room 22-250 (1br suite that was HUGE: 2 full baths, 1 half-bath, huge king beded room, dining area, parlor, wet bar, entry way and a study) and near the exec floor elevator which services the lower levels along with 22 & 23(where the exec lounge is).

I tried to do the e-checkin thing twice in previous hotel/city but it never worked so I just waited until check-in. Did a cool thing wherein drove direct from Midway to the hotel, did valet leaving the luggage in the car, got on the trade show bus to McCormack Place Conv Cention Center then, upon the return later that day from the trade show - checked in and called for the car to retrieve luggage. Did the same in reverse the next day so as to pay only 1 single parking/valet charge for a 2 days of trade show action.

Hotel is cool, elegant and has a good location in the lower Michigan Ave area and this HHDiamond member was VERY surprised/pleased!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 7:18 pm

My flight was delayed so I stayed an extra night at the Palmer. Last night, 23-131, Smaller King Exec Room, facing courtyard. It's the smallest room I've seen in the Towers, other than the studio (one full bed almost touching the Entertainment Center) room that they placed me when I was Silver back in January.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 6:49 am

23-120.

Renovated Large king Exec room with chair/ottoman. Double windows looking up state street (not much of a view, kinda looks at the top of other buildings). Huge double mirrored closet leading in to the small-ish bathroom. Not-so-much renovated wetbar area with cabinets and an empty mini-fridge (the mini-bar is still under the TV). Basic Towers amenities, DVD player, 32" tv, cordless phone updated curtains bedspread.

Roomservice from Trader Vics was excellent.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:23 am

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Palmer House this past Thursday night. Lost Gold this Aapril but this stay gives it back on the fast track so styed as a Silver. At check-in some Diamond was ranting to another agent that he had been checked into a closet on the executive floor. I just smiled and handed the young lady my silver and said nothing. She assigned me to 8-111, took a while to find it the way their rooms are laid out. The room is BIG, clean comfortable, typical sized bath which looked little compared to the room size. It is a king n/s with a walk-in closet. Desk on one side of the room and a nice sitting area on the other side. You could have put another king bed in the room and sitll had room to roam. The only downside is that the two windows open to the inside swiming pool area one level below. However, with the drapes closed there was little noise even with noisy kids. I don't know what time the pool closes but no noise at night. Also, since you are in the middle the hotel cell reception was nill.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:28 am

23-265.

Two Double/Two Bath Exec. room with Couch and Chair with Ottoman. Double windows facing courtyard, A huge mirrored closet in the room. Lovely, one of my favorites.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:35 am

Programs: DL GM
As an HH Diamond, I stayed in 17-130 over the 7/4 weekend.

It's billed as a "Junior Suite", but there's nothing junior about it. (my guess is that it's labeled as such b/c it has no dining area.) This was a full two-room suite, with a HUGE living room that had a couch and a couple of overstuffed chairs (the room was much bigger than the furnishings).

The king-bedded bedroom was more than adequate size. 1 1/2 bathrooms were renovated, as was (I believe) the rest of the suite.

An interesting thing about this suite is that it has an outer door (that 17-129 also uses) that leads into a little foyer.

We had a fantastic bottle of champagne waiting for us when we returned from dinner one evening. I really do love the Palmer House's attention to detail (from the basement bar all the way to the exec lounge), even on a CRAZY busy weekend like Independence Day.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:53 am

19-276

King Bed, Nonsmoking, Junior suite with a pretty nice view (I believe it faces towards the big red CNA Insurance Building) of the city. Two bathrooms, big king bedroom with big closet. Nice sitting area with couch and a couple of arm chairs.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:03 pm

Room 10-128

This was my 4th stay at the Palmer House, and I still love this hotel. Stayed 7/28-7/30, and was given a suite at my early morning check in. (11:45am) Since I was on my way to the Cubbies game, and it was early, I didn't expect my room to be ready and I would have taken any room. It wasn't, but the girl at the HHonors desk switched me to another suite that was ready.

Although this room was a LONG walk from the elevators, this was the biggest suite I have had at ANY Hilton property. ($149.00 rate.) This was a two room suite with a wet bar, dining room, living room, 2 bathrooms. Multiple windows off to the West of the hotel.

I think this is the same room as the "billiard suite" with a dining room table instead of the pool table. Very nice.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:08 pm

Room 15-263

Regular King-size bed, non-smoking room. No view as window faces inner courtyard of building.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Hertz
11-265

11-265

I booked a stay via hotwire for $90.00 for last night (the hilton website was charging $179). I was expecting a closet but was suprised when I recieved this room. There were 2 beds and 2 bathrooms. Also a small sitting area with a TV, couch, chairs, and a coffee table. Although I am gold I never showed my card since this was a hotwire stay. I never really had a chance to even check out the view as I was there for about 7 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.