Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 8:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by choptliva
NW-A332, do they have HSIA in the rooms as well? Thanks!
According to the website, they do indeed have HSIA in the rooms. Assuming that it's not too late to help you, I'll have an update this weekend, as I'll be there on Friday & Saturday night.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by AlanB
According to the website, they do indeed have HSIA in the rooms. Assuming that it's not too late to help you, I'll have an update this weekend, as I'll be there on Friday & Saturday night.
Thanks! Have a great stay!
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:28 pm
In Memoriam

Choptliva,

The D-Tree does indeed have high speed internet access. I'm using it right now to type this up. They claim to have wireless in the lobby, the resturant, the bar & bistro, and the lobbies on the 3rd & 4th floors. I haven't tested that, but have no reason to suspect it's not true.

The rooms themselves are hard wired, no wireless. All indications are that this D-Tree is not one of those that likes to milk guests for all they can get, as the service is supposed to be complimentary. I won't know for sure until Sunday morning when I get my bill.

There was however, no sign-in screens or any type of registration that would tend to indicate they were going to charge for access.

My only negative comment would be that the wire is extremely short, about a foot long. So unless you bring along your own extension cable, along with an in-line coupler (thankfully I have both with me), you won't have much choice about where to sit with your laptop.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I always travel with a 50 foot ethernet cable so I can laptop on the bed or whatever. Never needed a coupler though, but do carry one.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Any updated info??

BUMP

I am trying to decide between ES and DT downtown for a convention at the Marriot. No kids, just Mrs OB one and me. ES is $139, DT is $159, same rate for tower or deluxe room, won't need parking. Pool is a plus and hence DT has edge, but ES is nice too with suites, breakfast, and managers reception. Is the DT lounge open on weekends or is this why the rate is the same, because the lounge is closed on weekends? A decent lounge with food would be preferable. Also reviews suggest breakfast at DT is fine. Any recent comments on either hotel? Thanks

OB
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:29 pm
In Memoriam

OB,

I can't answer the lounge question, since either it was closed or I wasn't allowed access to it since I didn't land on the Towers floor. Sorry.

Otherwise, you can read about the rest of my weekend stay from 2 weeks ago over in this FT thread.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by AlanB
OB,

I can't answer the lounge question, since either it was closed or I wasn't allowed access to it since I didn't land on the Towers floor. Sorry.

Otherwise, you can read about the rest of my weekend stay from 2 weeks ago over in this FT thread.
Thanks Alan, that was a GREAT report. Lots of good info. Now about the lounge . . . . ?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:05 pm

Philadelphia HGI Report

Stayed at the HGI Philadelphia this past Sat night, which was over the Memorial Day weekend. I wasn't impressed, but much of the disappointment was due to the fact that there was lacrosse tournaments and the hotel was sold out with families and groups of people attending the tournament. They were not equiped for the sheer number of guests - breakfast was an absolute zoo. But I doubt that would happen most days. And probably crowds of people aren't congregating in the halls at 3am on most nights either.

The hotel seems to have only 4 floors of rooms starting on the 7th floor. The top floor has a restaraunt and lounge. There is a fitness center and and dank pool on the 7th floor. Lobby has a seating area plus the desk. The building itself is very blah, and the parking lot is a multistory convention center parking lot which does have an elevator that leads to the HGI. I would wonder about security in the lot at night or for women traveling alone. It was a bit creepy. Cost was $20 a night for parking.

As a Diamond they didn't offer me any breakfast coupons, although once I asked they then presented coupons plus a voucher for a drink at the lounge for each person in the room, (myself, wife, and even my 2 and half year old daughter (who graciously allowed me to use her drink voucher). Even though I asked they did not give me a $5 pantry credit. I thought that was supposed to be given to diamonds?

Room was a handicapped equiped (not something I needed, just what they assigned me to) jr suite. I think that was an upgrade. But there was no view and nothing particularly special about the room.

In short, the HGI Philadelphia is in a convenient location - right by the convention center and reading market. But it is not anything to write home about. And they certainly were not able to plan for the occupancy level they had. But again, probably on a "normal" night it would have been fine.

ES and DT stays I have had are exactly as represented in previous posts, so I won't go into details other than to stated the ES is pretty far from the Independence Hall and Liberty bell area.

BJFly
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:14 am

Is it possible to book the Philly overnight package at Hilton.com?

Is there a promotion code I can enter at hilton.com to obtain this special rate? I know I can book it at gophila.com.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:54 am

If you're concerned about the third-party booking ban, you may want to call the hotel directly. I've done that before for the GoPhila rate (admittedly not at one of the Hilton properties) and had no problems getting the rate or the stay credit.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:50 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAview
If you're concerned about the third-party booking ban, you may want to call the hotel directly. I've done that before for the GoPhila rate (admittedly not at one of the Hilton properties) and had no problems getting the rate or the stay credit.
I've done both in the past and received credit - booked directly at gophila.com as well as calling the hotel directly. I recently made another buy one night, get one free gophila reservation by calling the hotel directly - that's probably the safest bet, if the goal is to ensure stay and night credit. I gave them my HHonors number over the phone - and I know in the past that at least the Embassy Suites and the Doubletree will honor your status.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:58 pm

I have called the hotel directly in the past also but I was hoping to book online to get the 500 Hilton American Express bonus.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Which Hilton in Philadelphia?

I am travelling to Philadelphia next month and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Hilton (or Hilton family) hotels in Philadelphia? I will need to be not far from the Convention Center.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:09 pm

My choices would be:

1) DoubleTree (about 10 minute walk from the convention Center)
2) Hilton Garden Inn (1-2 blocks)
3) Embassy Suites (about 20 minute walk)

There is also a Hampton Inn very close, I have never stayed there.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentTraveler
My choices would be:

1) DoubleTree (about 10 minute walk from the convention Center)
2) Hilton Garden Inn (1-2 blocks)
3) Embassy Suites (about 20 minute walk)

There is also a Hampton Inn very close, I have never stayed there.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a the Market Square East Septa station and is about 1 minute from the convention center --

I haven't used it but I have used the Embassy Suites and would guess that it's about a 10 minute walk or less -- it's about 5 minutes from the Suburban St station on Septa.

Both are served by the R1 commuter train and by using the R1 I've been able to make it from Center City Philadelphia to DTW in about 3 hours !

Of course that assumes short lines at security --

The R1 runs twice an hour and takes about 25 minutes to get to Center City.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.