Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA {US-PA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2003, 3:14 am

Thank you.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 4:05 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Guys, I agree in this case downtown... BUT, even though it is a reflagged Radison, the Hilton is REALLY REALLY POSH. (really) I know it's hard to believe, but somebody spent HUGE money on this dumb location. I seem to always have a convention yearly at the Adams Mark down the street (huge dump). Just stayed in the Hilton for the first time in november. I was stunned, at the nice factor verses the price.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:15 pm

Philly 2 for 1 promo

Greetings everyone. In case you are interested, Philly runs a promotion about twice a year-- 1 price, 2 nights, free parking, welcome gift etc.

We booked the DT Broad & Locust $158 (total for stay) this will include 2 night stay, parking for 2 nights, welcome gift. We did this in Feb and as diamond received free hot buffet breakfast each day and room upgrade to high corner room. Pretty good deal.

I couldn't book online. I had to call and ask for the "you can't do it in one day" promo but I though she said the promo code was PH2.

Here is a link.

http://www.gophila.com/accommodation...doitinaday.htm
Old Jun 19, 2003, 8:00 am

Do you earn points and miles for this rate? Did you book direct with the hotel?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:01 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:

Do you earn points and miles for this rate? Did you book direct with the hotel?</font>

Doubtful, as I don't think it appears as a rate on the Hilton website and Hilton appears to be restricting point and stay status to its website bookings. Moreover, I can't tell you about the DT as I have never visited it, but why would anyone want to stay there when for a little bit more, you can stay at the Park Hyatt across the street from the DT, and you most definitely will earn Hyatt GP points. What is more, if you were to pay with your MC, you would be on your way to earning 1 free night at any Hyatt. All you would have to do is stay another night at a Hyatt before 8/31/03 and pay with your MC.

Oh, you would first have to sign up for the FFN -- Faster Free Nights promo at the Hyatt website, and of course join Hyatt Gold Passport, but that is it!

For more information, please refer to my earlier post on the Hyatt board, as I had alerted my colleagues to this promo for quite some time now!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/001614.html

[This message has been edited by NJUPINTHEAIR (edited 06-19-2003).]
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:53 pm

Do you earn points and miles for this rate? Did you book direct with the hotel?

I booked with Hhonors on the phone. They said I would get points (I got points, stay, upgrade and breakfast in February when I did the same thing for the same promotion)
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:49 pm

Need recommendations for Colmar, PA

Going to a doctor in Philly (Colmar). Need hotel recommendations for three adults in Hilton brand hotels. TIA,
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
If you are going there specifically for a doctor's visit in the Lansdale area and you are not wanting to go around Philly, then I would definitely say go with the Homewood Suites by Hilton Lansdale. The downside it that this is not especially close to any other sites or Philly sightseeing (but not sure that's even on your agenda).

It is a new property built within the past couple years, and close to Colmar.

A little further away, and a little more upscale, but more money -- is the Doubletree Guest Suites in Plymouth Meeting. From the turnpike exite there you can quickly get to Lansdale, or on backroads it's 20 minutes.

The plus here, is that you can jump on the freeway at Plymouth Meeting to go anywhere in the city. Thus, it is more of a location to be somewhat close to Colmar, but also easy to go explore from here.

There is also a fairly new Hampton Inn in Plymouth Meeting, if you want that location at a lower cost. It's also very convenient to the turnpike.

If your primary goal is to see the sights of Philadelphia, then other Hilton's might be more central to the city.

Note that I have only stayed at the Plymouth Meeting DoubleTree, so I can definitely vouch for that property. The other hotels are new and look well-kept from the outside so I would feel comfortable recommending them.

Good luck.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The Homewood Suites in Lansdale is quite nice. They have great weekend rates and often upgrade us (I'm HH Diamond) to a 2 bedroom suite when we have kids with us. Beware that the map on the HH site will lead you to the wrong location, a similarly named street a mile away. If you need directions call the hotel. Oh, there's a SEPTA station in the parking lot of the hotel so you can get a train to downtown Philly if you need/want.
Old May 23, 2004, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Embassy vs. DoubleTree in Philadelphia?

Trying to decide on a property in downtown Philly for June 17- 20. I try some searches regarding both properties and most were dated. I am Gold if that can change any choices? I am traveling with the family(2 Adults & 3 kids). I did see the Embassy has very big suites. Will it be a problem getting the free breakfast for the three kids at the Embassy? If I do the DoubleTree I will not get breakfast for everyone as a GOLD. I am not sure if Hilton is an option and go for a suite. We would like to be close attractions for small kids and we are go without a car. I will only do one atraction in a day.
Thanks again as everyone is a great help in this forum.

SCA
Old May 23, 2004, 4:05 pm

I stayed at Embassy Suites in Center Philly a few weeks ago and I was happy with the stay. As you said the suites are very big. I had a room on the 27th floor(I believe they have 28th floor total). The view was great and I could see the famous Rocky stairs from my room.

This hotel is centrally located and just a minute walk to suburban station.

From what I have understood, the Hilton is not exactly in center Philly.
Old May 23, 2004, 5:51 pm

Kids are free at ES.
Old May 23, 2004, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your best bet is the ES, with the HGI second. The 2 non-airport Hiltons are very nice but not downtown. You can easily get plenty of ES free non-hot food to feed a family of 12+. And order two 3 egg omlets with extra bacon/sausage and they will feed 6 people.

MisterNice
Old May 24, 2004, 5:39 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Another vote for the ES. It's right by the Four Seasons after all!

Enjoy Philly!

-Mark
Old May 24, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
Hilton Philly Properties

Hi SAnger,

The Embassy Suites is in a roundish bldg with no atrium or pool if that is important for the kids. A full bfast should be no problem for you. As a Gold, you should be upgraded to a high floor. If being near the historic area is important, keep in mind this is the furthest property from Independence Hall/Liberty Bell area. Don't even think about the airport properties, as they are too far away.

The Doubletree is my personal favorite. It is located at the corner of Broad and Locust with direct access to Patco (the High Speed Line that is a city subway in Philly that can take you within 3 blocks of historic area if you desire). It has a cool sawtooth design that gives the rooms a nice point to view the city (and your neighboring rooms ). They have a safe attached garage which is about $18/day, a huge indoor pool/whirlpool on the fifth floor and the top floors are the Towers Level. I believe 22-26. If staying here, I always ask for the Broad Street side, as the view is much better, sometimes a knockout view of City Hall can be had...as a Gold I got upgraded to Towers about 50% of the time. You will have Towers lounge access for bfast on weekdays, the main restaurant on the 2nd floor weekends. You will probably have to pay for kids at the restaurant, as you get bfast for 2 as a Gold. The location is a bit closer to the historic area, but still a bit of a hike if it is hot n humid .

The Hampton Inn Convention Ctr is imho a pit. It is one of the lowest rated ones in the chain. It only has surface parking, is in a desolate, scary location and has some of the rudest staff you will ever encounter. Surly front desk, and breakfast doors LOCKED just before 10am, with a scowl .

The Hilton Garden Inn is the closest you can get with a Hilton Brand to the Historic area. It is visually uninspired...almost looks like a bunker on top of a parking garage, but they do have a pretty cool restaurant on the top floor with somewhat of a decent view. Chinatown is literally just outside your door, as is the Reading Terminal Market and The Gallery for shopping and eating. This is about 4-5 blocks from the historic area. This property tends to be on the expensive side but sells out often. Again as a Gold, you would probably get only 2 bfasts.

Hope this helps your decision...enjoy Philly!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.