Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona {ESP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Arrow Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona {ESP}

'The hotel is in a unique setting overlooking the Mediterranean, in a modern new part of the city very close to one of the biggest parks in Barcelona with sports facilities and the beach. Next to the hotel is the Barcelona International Convention Centre "CCIB" and the upmarket Diagonal Mar mall, which has 240 shops, cinemas, a hypermarket and a 5000 m² open-air terrace with restaurants and leisure activities.
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona boasts 433 rooms: 32 Suites, Executive Rooms,“Hilton Relaxation rooms”, on 23 floors with some of the most stunning views of the Mediterranean and the city. All rooms are equipped with the most up-to-date technology.'

Passeig del Taulat 262-264
Barcelona
Spain
Telephone: +34 93 507 0707
Fax: +34 93 507 0700
Email: diagonalmarbarcel
[email protected]

Bookmark:
http://www.hilton.co.uk/diagonalmar

Last edited by Alinlondon; Sep 12, 2005 at 8:51 am Reason: Make link active
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:32 pm

seems a bit expensive has anyone stayed there
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It hasnt been open long. On the Hilton family hotels master thread there is only one thread discussing it.

I will be staying there November and will post a report if no one has by then.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I'm staying there on an award stay monday night (9/19), I'll report then.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:38 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
HILTON fake advertisement

a friend of mine is trying to get the promotional rate of 135 euro but the rate is not available .

i hate hilton to advertise things and you never ever get one of these rates booked.

same for the hilton phuket there was an advertisement before : book for 54usd incl. tax per night. you could never book this rate.

i think even if they write only if space available, there should be at least some rooms at this rates.

the cheapest rates we found are 239euro ... for barcelona..
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

promotional rate was available - obviously limited quantity and sounds like your friend missed out
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
hehe

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
promotional rate was available - obviously limited quantity and sounds like your friend missed out
did you get it?

my friend tried to book it direclty after he received the email.
nothing..

dp
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I got it a couple of weeks ago.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:38 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm booked there 10/8-10 and made my reservations over 3 months ago and was able to get the e139 opening promo rate (which includes breakfast). My only concern was the distance from the main tourist areas. I know it is a bit further away, but is there a metro nearby or are taxi's my only alternative?. Also I was planning on taking the bus/train from the airport-- how convienient/inconvienient is it...I will be travelling solo with only one small carry on bag. And finally, how is the treatment for HH Golds? will I get lounge access?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mauld
I'm booked there 10/8-10 and made my reservations over 3 months ago and was able to get the e139 opening promo rate (which includes breakfast). My only concern was the distance from the main tourist areas. I know it is a bit further away, but is there a metro nearby or are taxi's my only alternative?. Also I was planning on taking the bus/train from the airport-- how convienient/inconvienient is it...I will be travelling solo with only one small carry on bag. And finally, how is the treatment for HH Golds? will I get lounge access?
They property is a bit isolated on a small peninsular so taxis or rental cars are your only option ( note they drive on the left )
Plus I believe there is a local bus service.

No trains on Barbados unless you count the ones taking cane to the sugar factories

mike
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MIKESILV

No trains on Barbados unless you count the ones taking cane to the sugar factories

mike

Barbados or Barcelona??

If this new Hilton is anything like the existing Hilton in Barcelona you will like it. I stayed at the old one over New Years (6 nights) and the service was great!!

Peace!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
They property is a bit isolated on a small peninsular so taxis or rental cars are your only option ( note they drive on the left )
Plus I believe there is a local bus service.
mike
Had to check, but I thought I was talking about Barcelona .... but its good to know about Barabados and the trains to the sugar factories anyway
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Had to check, but I thought I was talking about Barcelona .... but its good to know about Barabados and the trains to the sugar factories anyway
OH well I leave on vacation tomorrow AM ( perhaps I am already gone )
and got the Barbados and Barcelona threads mixed up.
Notice thay both start with BAR

mike
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
OH well I leave on vacation tomorrow AM ( perhaps I am already gone )
and got the Barbados and Barcelona threads mixed up.
Notice thay both start with BAR

mike
Sounds like you need a vacation!
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:45 pm

No trains in Barbados - last passenger one disappeared early in the 20th. century. Sugar cane is transported to the factories on trucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.