Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[SUPERCEDED] Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[SUPERCEDED] Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:16 pm

Is there an up-to-date list of Hilton hotels by category?

Specifically, a list that reflects the category changes made on many ( ) Scandic hotels made on 10/1/06 ?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Not what you ask for but may be of some use. A list of hotels which changed status (includes the Scandics).

I think I have seen a post mentioning some hotels have changed category subsequently.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

I have been updating hotel categories in the main listings (but not yet the summaries in posts #87 and #88), as I update the links. The first post shows which countries, states and cities I have completed so far.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Thousands more threads linked. Most threads about specific hotels/cities outside of Canada, UK and Sweden should now be linked. USA is now updated (to at least 22 December 2006).

I am slowly working my way through the updating when I get the chance. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 14, 2007 at 10:48 pm
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Canada is now done as well.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Updated opening dates for hotels due to open March. A few have already opened, but some have opening dates pushed back months.

Some new hotels added too.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thousands more threads linked. Most threads about specific hotels/cities outside of Canada, UK and Sweden should now be linked. USA is now updated (to at least 22 December 2006).

I am slowly working my way through the updating when I get the chance. Thanks for your patience.
Canada, Sweden and UK are now done. This round of updates is now largely complete.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 5, 2007 at 1:28 pm
Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Update: Hampton Inn Anniston/Oxford AL has been rebranded as a Baymont. It was an Opportunity category property with outside corridors. It will not be missed from the Hilton family.
Old May 12, 2007, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Hilton versus Hilton Garden Inn

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
This thread is intended to contain links to other threads and Hilton website information about each Hilton family hotel. This thread does not contain information specific to HHonors or special promo room rates. Currently it is organised geographically.
I hope that this is the proper forum for my question:

What is the difference between a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn?

Unfortunatelly, I never stayed in the latter category, and therefore I have no idea what it makes different from a Hilton.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: Cont-Gold, UAL-PremExec, USAir-Silver, HH-Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood-Gold
hilton vs hgi

Hiltons are full service, usually larger hotels with pools, convenience store, restaurant etc.. they're also substantially more expensive per night. HGI are smaller and they do have an onsite grill with a pretty decent breakfast available for around $10 to $12. They won't have a convenience store and are usually only about 4 stories tall. Also, if you're a hilton diamond, they have upgraded rooms for you at a normal hilton but at an HGI, they only have limited suites and probably won't give those to you.

Originally Posted by Didi
I hope that this is the proper forum for my question:

What is the difference between a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn?

Unfortunatelly, I never stayed in the latter category, and therefore I have no idea what it makes different from a Hilton.
Old May 29, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Only good till the end of the year...

but the scandic in oulu is now open, very nice too!
http://www.scandic-hotels.com/oulu

Thought this should be added to the master list.

Cheers
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:51 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Here is my review of the Doubletree Holland Michigan

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735922
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Club Lounges

I have searched and searched pages upon pages. Is there a listing of the lounges that are open on weekends?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Executive Platinum
anyone aware of new promotions from Hilton?

Haven't seen the 5/10/15 promo this year yet. Anyone know if they'll be running it this year?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: HHonors
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles

Opening in Fall 2008 the Hilton Garden Dulles North is located less than 6 miles from Dulles Airport. HHonors program is in place. Reservations are not available but should be within weeks. Please visit site:

http://www.dullesnorth.hgi.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.