Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark {US-MO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark {US-MO}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Arrow Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark {US-MO}

The Marriott board has a note regarding the sale of the downtown Marriott to be sold & rebranded as a Hilton.

Nice hotel, aged, but with $1.5 M in refurbishing to come.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=83037

Great location near the new Busch Stadium & Calico's Restaraunt.

Mike
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:26 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
That's awesome! Glad to see a Hilton right by the stadium. ^
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Status Questions

Any FTers been to STL lately?

This property does not show up on the Hilton website.

However the hotel's website shows Soon To Be The Hilton St. Louis.

Anybody stayed there?
If so, any Hilton elite privileges extended to you during your stay?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:44 am

If the property doesn't show up on the Hilton website it probably isn't open yet. Not sure when you are planning on going, but The Hilton and Hampton downtown are both good properties.
Old May 11, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark Trip Reports and Reviews

This property is a former Marriott hotel that overlooks the Gateway Arch and the new Busch Stadium.

If you're lucky enough to stay here duing a St. Louis Cardinals game, enjoy the view of the majority of the field. It will be the best part of your stay.

That said....

Rooms - This hotel reports that they are newly remodeled rooms, I stayed on the 22nd floor (Exec. level) and found the rooms outdated and a little grungy. The water pressure is terrible, so bad that the shower shut off 4 times during my shower. The shower head was dirty, clogged and let very little water flow.

Lobby - The lobby is right across from a small bar, which means that if there is a pre game gathering (which there was when I arrived) at the bar, it is nearly impossible to hear the front desk clerk. You then walk to the other side of the hotel to get the elevators in the west lobby to go to your room.

Parking - Self Parking is 2 blocks down the street in a public lot that's very popular for people attending games at Busch field. Valet is $20 and they did a good job of having my vehicle ready when I called.

Food - Got room service while watching the game. It took 75 minutes to get my hamburger and chips to my room (I was told 35 when I called). The burger was overcooked, the bun was burned and the food was cold. The waiter was pleasant and appologetic, as was the food service manager when I called to complain. They did the right things to make up for it, but after that long of a wait I was very disappointed.

Executive Lounge - Average at best, warm snacks, fruit, chips and (to go with the ballpark theme), Cracker Jacks (no peanuts). The attendant was too busy watching "The OC" on the TV to pay any attention to the guests, not very impressive.

I was booked at this hotel for 2 days, but left after the first night, mostly because of the poor shower and the lack of committment by the front desk staff to see if they could fix the problem. I moved to the Doubletree, St. Louis - Westport (another stay report to follow).
Old May 11, 2006, 2:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for the report, lived some of it. I prefer the Westin St Louis which is right next to the stadium (no field views that I'm aware of).

The Metrolink train from STL stops right next to the hotel as well, only $3.25 and is only 5-10 minutes longer than a cab ride.

--
Old May 11, 2006, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
When you say it was a former Marriott, how recently. I stayed in a Marriott near the ball park two years ago; if Hilton got that property, I am impressed. I'd love to see Hilton grab the Marriott at Newark airport.
Old May 12, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I was in STL the last weekend in April and went a Cardinals game.

Went to the hotel afterwards to wait for traffic to clear (and have a few more adult beverages).

The lobby has been remodeled/updated and looks great.

I talked to the front desk manager about room renovations.
He said that all rooms and been renovated.
(really????)

I later talked to some sort of managerial person who happened to be in the bar. I asked him the same question. He said the only rooms renovated thus far were in the west tower facing the stadium (south).

Parking does leave a lot to be desired.

Doesn't the hotel still have the garage on the west side of the property?
(Access off of the alley between the hotel and what used to be a Mark Twain Bank branch.)
Old May 12, 2006, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
When you say it was a former Marriott, how recently. I stayed in a Marriott near the ball park two years ago; if Hilton got that property, I am impressed. I'd love to see Hilton grab the Marriott at Newark airport.
It's THAT Marriott, formerly known as the Marriott Pavillion.
Corner of Broadway and Market.

They dumped Marriott (or vice-versa) last August.
Old May 12, 2006, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Billiken
It's THAT Marriott, formerly known as the Marriott Pavillion.
Corner of Broadway and Market.

They dumped Marriott (or vice-versa) last August.
Kudos to Hilton; they got a good deal there. That's a pretty busy hotel. Now I know where to stay the next time I am in St. Louis. I've stayed in the Adams Mark--a real dump. No competition there!
Old May 15, 2006, 9:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Kudos to Hilton; they got a good deal there. That's a pretty busy hotel. Now I know where to stay the next time I am in St. Louis. I've stayed in the Adams Mark--a real dump. No competition there!
They would have a good deal if they would bring it up to Hilton Standards, as it is now, I wouldn't visit again.

To add injury to insult... they charged my AMEX for an additional day and haven't bothered to call me back to get it fixed.

Next time I'm in St. Louis, I'll stay elsewhere.
Old May 16, 2006, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by rnovak
They would have a good deal if they would bring it up to Hilton Standards, as it is now, I wouldn't visit again.

To add injury to insult... they charged my AMEX for an additional day and haven't bothered to call me back to get it fixed.

Next time I'm in St. Louis, I'll stay elsewhere.
I really like the Hilton downtown and the Hampton by the Arch is a good property as well.
Old May 25, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: NWA - Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz 5 Star, WN CP, WN "A" List
Unless I have to stay downtown STL I usually will stay at the Harrah's in St. Charles. They have a shuttle that will take you to the airport train station, from there it's a $4 round trip to Union Station, Busch Stadium, etc...
Old May 25, 2006, 4:12 pm

That is good info. I just stayed at the ES on the STL Riverwalk and was not impressed. The room was only so so, and the neighborhood is deserted.
Old May 25, 2006, 7:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
thanks for the report, lived some of it. I prefer the Westin St Louis which is right next to the stadium (no field views that I'm aware of).

The Metrolink train from STL stops right next to the hotel as well, only $3.25 and is only 5-10 minutes longer than a cab ride.

--

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.