Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 4:13 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
Are you a Diamond?

Stay at the Hilton. Much nicer than the Doubletree. In fact, I avoid Doubletree's and Embassy Suites altogether as being a Diamond Preferred doesn't even seem to do much - yet when I am at Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn properties - it carries an ENORMOUS amount of weight.

Incidentally - ask for Angie when you check in. Tell her Jeff from San Diego referred you to her and ask her how her 21st birthday went. She should hook you up.

Good luck -

PS - If you have dinner at Spencer's Steakhouse (on the premises) - ask for Andrea. Tell her Jeff from San Diego said hello & she should hook you up with a free dessert.

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci
Old Dec 21, 2001, 6:05 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
arturo sea thet "angie" an "andrea" doo hookeng et thes Ho-tell.

es-sex-jay, plees doo knot modernate arturo fore thes postie.

------------------
Loving, Caring, Honest, Intelligent, Empathetic, Creative, and Giving.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Last time I was at the DT, they charged $12 per night for parking and gave breakfast coupons to HH Golds.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:21 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
The Hilton was very nice when I stayed there recently, and something I always appreciate as a Gold, didn't have to ask for the breakfast coupons
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:34 am
Suspended

Same for me at the Hilton, Upgrade, Breakfast ( a good buffet )and nice staff at Spencer`s.
Hotel was deserted on two weekends in October, they do charge for parking, but have free some space for registration, I had to return my rental and it was OK to leave the car there for 2 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 12:08 pm

I posted elsewhere on this, but stayed at the Hilton Bellevue on Nov 2 and had a reservation for the Doubletree on Nov 3 so got to compare both. The Doubletree had rented out the pool and exercise facility to a private party for the entire weekend. We were really looking forward to using the hottub after a full day of hiking. Took the free cookies and went to the Embassy Suites instead. You did not ask about this property, but note that they refused to upgrade us (I am gold) unless, of course, we paid for it ... so if you choose the Doubletree, check first if you plan to use the pool/jacuzzi.

-forgot to mention - the Bellevue Hilton will actually CHARGE for any toiletries you have forgotten and ask them for. Had never seen this before ... also, over two months later and three requests at hiltonhhonors.com, and my stay has still not credited.

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 01-08-2002).]
Old Dec 21, 2001, 5:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
Last time I was at the DT, they charged $12 per night for parking and gave breakfast coupons to HH Golds.</font>
Breakfast coupons, no upgrade. older property
They charge $12 per day for parking, avoided by using your room key at all entry and exit points to the parking lot. Do not mention that you have a rental to park and will not be charged.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 5:20 pm

I stayed at both properties in July. The
Hilton is recently upgraded - a fine op.
The DoubleTree is worn and tired. The
carpets in too many public areas are just
plain filthy. Of course, the $22 priceline
rate made it a tad more bearable ... and my
Diamond card got me a free [full] breakfast.

-doug
Old Dec 21, 2001, 6:23 pm

I've stayed at that DTree for a $5 Priceline rate....yep...you read it right!! $5
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
hotlancer and arturo....

Are you implying that Diamond status gives you some other, undocumented benefits at the Seattle Hilton? Hmmmmm....

Just to confuse the issue, I really enjoyed my stay in February at the Homewood Suites (near Seattle Center/Space Needle, just north of downtown). But then, I wasn't looking to "hook up" with anybody.

Kathy
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:01 pm

Dranz,

I just booked a $20 rate (Priceline) at the DT for Jan 8th. I know this was posted before but did you get a HHonors stay credit for your Priceline stay? Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2001, 12:35 am

Location: cmh: nw gold, dl gold, aa plat, hh diamond. BBJ Capt
you could also check out the homewood suites in tukwila. it's closer than the doubletree. stayed there 2 months this summer - was really nice. 2-room suites w/full kitchen. workout room with 2 bikes, 2 stairs, 2 treadmills, weight machine. next to huge public park. paved hiking/running trail starts there and goes about 5 miles along the river. i think we paid $79 - included full breakfast every day and hordourves (on per-diem, so we called it dinner) at night.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 6:40 pm

Beware, I was refused stay credit with a priceline bid at other Hilton properties. However you may be able to get a credit by charging something to your room - I just stayed at HHV on an ALON award and got a stay credit.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 9:10 pm

Check out the Hampton Suites downtown (near Seattle Center). As a Gold I (and my friend) got upgraded to a two-bedroom suite with full kitchen and fireplace. Niiiiice in the winter!

Old Dec 22, 2001, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The trick with Hilton stay credits on Priceline rates is apprently to not request them during your stay, but do it via the web after. Seems to work nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.