Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: Eurostar CB, HH D, IHG Spire, Easyjet Fight Club, Ryanair...oh, wait.
Hilton Tokyo 7k extra HH points for double occupancy - is this normal?

I want to book a redemption at the Hilton Tokyo this December. When I select 1 Room/1 guest the price is 52k points per night. When I select 1 Room/2 Guests the price jumps to 59k. Is this normal?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by intransitmostlikely
I want to book a redemption at the Hilton Tokyo this December. When I select 1 Room/1 guest the price is 52k points per night. When I select 1 Room/2 Guests the price jumps to 59k. Is this normal?
I have seen this at other Honors hotels. If you have a status level that allows the second guest to stay free, then only book for one person, and add a note in the comments that your partner will be joining you.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, in Korea and Japan a room for 2 persons will often have a higher rate than if single occupancy (regardless is breakfast is included in the rate or not). This is perfectly normal and nothing specifik to Hilton.

As already stated the solution is to book a room for 1 person and state "2 guests - Hilton Honors 2nd guest stay free" in the comment box. Then no issues when 2 persons show up for check-in.

Even 52k for room at Hilton Tokyo is quite expensive IMO. Often BAR or corp. rates are reasonable at this property. I suggest to use your points elsewhere (unless revenue rates are very high).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:38 am

Many thanks. I have HH Diamond, so I will add that message to the comment box. Although I am not that keen on turning up in Japan with only one bed reserved...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Many thanks. I have HH Diamond, so I will add that message to the comment box. Although I am not that keen on turning up in Japan with only one bed reserved...
Have a look at the Hilton Tokyo thread:
Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
This is some discussion about this including from the last couple of months.

I'm not sure I understand your last comment, if you want to be sure to have two beds then you will need to reserve a two bed room. That doesn't necessarily require to list 2 people when booking.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:11 pm

You can always email the hotel ahead of time if you are worried. However i just spent 8 nights in japan booking for 1 less, however that was booking for 2 when there were 3 of us. Just make sure your room type matches what you want.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Have a look at the Hilton Tokyo thread:
Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
This is some discussion about this including from the last couple of months.

I'm not sure I understand your last comment, if you want to be sure to have two beds then you will need to reserve a two bed room. That doesn't necessarily require to list 2 people when booking.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Regarding my comment, I was referring to the possibility of being placed in a single given that I had specified one occupant. I'm not sure my wife would have put that in her "fantastic trip!" specification :-)
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Force951
You can always email the hotel ahead of time if you are worried. However i just spent 8 nights in japan booking for 1 less, however that was booking for 2 when there were 3 of us. Just make sure your room type matches what you want.
That's great info, thank you.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Even 52k for room at Hilton Tokyo is quite expensive IMO. Often BAR or corp. rates are reasonable at this property. I suggest to use your points elsewhere (unless revenue rates are very high).
Well revenue rates are often high at this hotel. Advance purchase 27,000 yen = 33,000 yen w taxes. An award stay is not unreasonable in my opinion.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi! Have a four night stay here in two weeks. Booked a King Deluxe room with BRG-rate. Hope to get an upgrade to a Junior Suite.

Do you think the upgrade chances are better by checking in at the Exec. lounge or does it not matter if I check in st the lounge or at lobby?

Im diamond.

thanks!

Last edited by Enskie; Nov 7, 2017 at 1:06 am Reason: Status missing
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Enskie
Hi! Have a four night stay here in two weeks. Booked a King Deluxe room with BRG-rate. Hope to get an upgrade to a Junior Suite.

Do you think the upgrade chances are better by checking in at the Exec. lounge or does it not matter if I check in st the lounge or at lobby?

Im diamond.

thanks!
Rooms are usually determined in advance. I don't think it makes a difference.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Booked a deluxe room and my reservation just changed to King Exe. I think thats not a real diamond upgrade. There are more than 9 junior suites available.

Checking in on Saturday.

Would you ask for a junior suite or accept the Exe room? Heard about suite upgrades for gold members. So I think an Exe room is not a real upgrade since it is the same room than the deluxe room.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

i' m here just now and leaving tomorrow. I had booked an executive room but did not get an upgrade as the hotel was busy. Will post more when I have pc access. Breakfast and afternoon tea are the best parts of the lounge

regards

Tbs
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

i' m here just now and leaving tomorrow. I had booked an executive room but did not get an upgrade as the hotel was busy. Will post more when I have pc access. Breakfast and afternoon tea are the best parts of the lounge

regards

Tbs
Referring to the lounge offerings, how's the evening offerings - from your post it sounds like it's not much.

Anyone know what's the rate if I want to add a 3rd person in my travel group to have a lounge access (normally these information are on the info sheet provided by the hotels). I'll be there in a couple of weeks time and would like to consider if paying for this (if I can't get a nice complimentary 3rd person access) if it'll be worth it.

Some other questions if anyone can help:
- any good places for food around the hotel?
- how easy is it to get from the hotel to the Tsukiji market early AM?

Hoping to get an upgrade, but I think the chances are small since I'll be there weekend time and I know these hotels get filled up during the weekends...but still hoping.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Referring to the lounge offerings, how's the evening offerings - from your post it sounds like it's not much.

Anyone know what's the rate if I want to add a 3rd person in my travel group to have a lounge access (normally these information are on the info sheet provided by the hotels). I'll be there in a couple of weeks time and would like to consider if paying for this (if I can't get a nice complimentary 3rd person access) if it'll be worth it.

Some other questions if anyone can help:
- any good places for food around the hotel?
- how easy is it to get from the hotel to the Tsukiji market early AM?

Hoping to get an upgrade, but I think the chances are small since I'll be there weekend time and I know these hotels get filled up during the weekends...but still hoping.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Hi,

Apologies for not replying earlier but I was sightseeing on a beautiful day yesterday then packing and am now in NRT

The lounge evening offerings vary from day to day but would generally include two hot and cold options ( usually in a very small glass but one day we had small meat balls which could be scooped onto a plate.) The glasses are about a fork full so you would need lots. to fill you up.
There are a couple of types of cheese with crackers, some salads, selection of pretzels, nuts and pink ( almost bubble flavor candy)

There was a reasonable selection of spirits and Chandon (austrailian sparkling wine which some staff said was champagne)

As to nearby there is a Royal Host nearby and another RH and a Sizzler next to the Metropolitan Govt buildings. There are a few bar types in the Hiltopia shopping complex below the hotel and of course lots of bars in the Shinjiku station area.

How early do you need to be at the fish market? The hotel is on the other side of central Tokyo. There is the JR Yamamote line and the Toei odeo line which effectively circle central Tokyo but I'm not sure when they start running ( esp if you need to get there at 5am)

I did not like the design of my room that much ( 2204 just across from the elevator lobby- but did not hear any noise) .It is V shaped with the hall door and bathroom at the bottom of the V the wet shower/bath ( combined in one room with a glass wall to the bedroom with a rolling shade) was large ( six people maybe) but to get out of the shower you had practically to step into the hall as the shower door swung towards the wc.

Lounge staff were friendly enough but I felt the treatment was more personal at the Hilton Tokyo bay ( at the Hilton it occasionally felt you were just another number as I do not recall being called by name once) . I had booked a Executive room and applied for a Nor1 to a junior suite but was told at check in that the hotel was very full ( also despite my profile saying a room away from the elevator my room was across the hall). The room was nice ( limited drawer space with small drawers at the opposite ends of the room)and hotel was good but felt the personal experience a bit lacking.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 17, 2017 at 6:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.