Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Most of them sound like redevelopment- only 29 new hotels came up last year in entire tokyo and another 50 will before the 2020 Olympics..with new airbnb rules is gonna be party time for hotels till next year end atleast.

​​​​
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ashkale
All Tokyo hotels are busy due to no new hotel licenses been granted for decades in Tokyo to keep the prices up.
That is just not true, new hotels has been granted such as Mandarin Oriental in 2005 and the Ritz-Carlton in 2007 to give some example. You have mentioned 29 new hotels came up last year alone, any other cities around the world would show that a lot larger new hotels are opening at other cities?

In Japan, European and the U.S. chain hotels are considered mid-upper and upper scale hotels. Japanese businessmen traveling to Tokyo for business do not stay at Hilton, Sheraton, or Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo. They all stay and a hotel called "business hotel" in Japan and even in Tokyo can find rate around US$100/night. Those are hotels Japanese businessmen typically stay.

Past 10 year or so non-Japanese visitors increased tremendously, and number of hotel room could not keep up with the demand. It is more of demand and supply situation. Now many non-Japanese visitors are having eyes on business hotels in Tokyo because there are so much cheaper than European or the U.S. chain hotels. Japanese businessmen traveling to Tokyo are having difficult time getting rooms at business hotel these days.

I do think it is more of demand and supply, as in real estate situation in any major cities around the world, there is no space to build new hotels and keep up with the demand. Also, hotels such as Hilton and Sheraton is considered upper scale hotels in Japan and Japanese businessmen traveling to Tokyo do not stay at Hilton or Sheraton, and room rates of hotels at Hilton and Sheraton in Tokyo reflect that.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
That is just not true, new hotels has been granted such as Mandarin Oriental in 2005 and the Ritz-Carlton in 2007 to give some example. You have mentioned 29 new hotels came up last year alone, any other cities around the world would show that a lot larger new hotels are opening at other cities?
This is indeed a fact! You should chat with the staff at Hilton Tokyo EL to get a lowdown on price fixing works in Japanese hotels. Anyways back to topic !
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Is 22,000 yen a night a good price for this property ?

I cant find anything cheaper using flexible dates but I figured I would ask
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Is 22,000 yen a night a good price for this property ?

I cant find anything cheaper using flexible dates but I figured I would ask
hi.

that is a very good/excellent price for the hilton as I do not think I have seen it that much cheaper ( is it for a standard room and is it non refundable?)

​​​​​​what dates is it for out of interest please

regards

tbs
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi.

that is a very good/excellent price for the hilton as I do not think I have seen it that much cheaper ( is it for a standard room and is it non refundable?)

​​​​​​what dates is it for out of interest please

regards

tbs
yes standard King

advance purchase Hilton rate so non-refundable but for what I need it for it seems fine.

seems to be available early May 2020- end of June 2020 so quite a ways out.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:56 pm

Recent

I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo recently for 6 nights. As a Hilton Gold member I was hopeful for an upgrade but didn't want to get my hopes up. Fortunately, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor immediately upon check in. This is a huge perk with all-day access to the lounge for water/beer/snacks as well as access for breakfast, tea, and happy hour. Breakfast options are definitely more limited in the Executive Lounge but the overall feel is more "high-end" and you're not fighting with crowds. All in all, I had a great stay and would recommend the hotel!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by dangerclose
Has anyone else observed that booking five nights using Points at Hilton Tokyo does not trigger the fifth-night-free bonus/discount?

Is it a bug, or not honored at this hotel?
Originally Posted by jbeckett
I see standard awards every day, including your dates. 70000 points, with 5th night free, is 280000 points. Search without selecting any special options, such as bed type.
I also see premium awards available for King Deluxe for the same dates, at 49000 per night. So that is a better deal, 245000 for five nights.
This is not "radical"; this is flexible pricing. Book the premium award.
Four weeks ago I booked an award stay. Standard award. Fifth night free. No issues whatsoever.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Strange Email from Hotel

I have a long stay booked and the hotel contacted me with some strange questions. For instance, they wanted to know the reason for my stay.
Anyone else receiving these?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Just reply, to take advantage of the current honors promotions! Wud help if u paste the email bits, could be from s translation software .
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Here is the paste:

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you very much for booking the Hilton Tokyo.

We are contacting you to reconfirm your reservation from XXXX for XX nights.

Could you please correct any of the below information if necessary:

• Guest name: Mr. X
  • Arrival date: XXXX
  • Departure date: XXXX
  • Number of guests: 1
  • Number of rooms: 1
  • Room category: King Hilton Room
  • Confirmation number: #XXXXXXXXXXX

Moreover, under our hotel policy we request every guest who holds a reservation more than 8 nights to preauthorize a one night room charge to credit card to confirm the reservation.

Could you please let us know the purpose of your stay this time, if possible?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Here is the paste:

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you very much for booking the Hilton Tokyo.

We are contacting you to reconfirm your reservation from XXXX for XX nights.

Could you please correct any of the below information if necessary:

• Guest name: Mr. X
  • Arrival date: XXXX
  • Departure date: XXXX
  • Number of guests: 1
  • Number of rooms: 1
  • Room category: King Hilton Room
  • Confirmation number: #XXXXXXXXXXX

Moreover, under our hotel policy we request every guest who holds a reservation more than 8 nights to preauthorize a one night room charge to credit card to confirm the reservation.

Could you please let us know the purpose of your stay this time, if possible?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
This doesn't strike me as that strange. My guess is they want to know the purpose of your long stay to make it comfortable. Hotels often ask if a stay is leisure or business, or if there's a special occasion.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
This doesn't strike me as that strange. My guess is they want to know the purpose of your long stay to make it comfortable. Hotels often ask if a stay is leisure or business, or if there's a special occasion.
It's strange because I've stayed at this property more than 50 times, for around 600 nights total, and they have never asked this before, or for a one night room charge to hold the reservation (Honors Semi-Flex, fully cancellable rate).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Who knows might be the result of the new rental laws..regressive.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by zombietooth
It's strange because I've stayed at this property more than 50 times, for around 600 nights total, and they have never asked this before, or for a one night room charge to hold the reservation (Honors Semi-Flex, fully cancellable rate).
Next year Tokyo is hosting 2020 Summer Olympics and authorities in Japan have been letting public know that there will be more security measures implemented both in front of public and at the behind the scene of public.

There have already been cases of people being asked for an ID at an event or a location which previously ID was never required. There have been already cases asked personal details from authorities or a large public places such as at a hotel which previously such was never done.

Authorities in Japan are pretty much open to public that such events will increase and become more frequent as get closer to 2020 Olympics.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Jul 20, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.