Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribe Hilton {PRI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:17 pm

does the caribe hilton still offer free executive room upgrades?

how hard is it to possibly get upgraded to a multi-room suite?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mr_rogers
does the caribe hilton still offer free executive room upgrades?

how hard is it to possibly get upgraded to a multi-room suite?
I have never had a multi -room suite. I do always get the executive floor , but that is in my profile.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi. I've stayed in this property before, but only as a priceline guest. Because (for the moment at least) it looks like priceline won't work, I'm thinking of redeeming points to stay here. Lowest published rates for my nights this winter are well over $300 (which sounds very high to me). I'll be a gold. Does anybody know what I'd get as far as lounge and breakfast privileges. And, if I get some sort of lounge breakfast, can I use that for a partial credit in the main buffet restaurant?

Also, will I have to pay anything? Like the resort fee, which seems to now be 10% of your room rate, or the San Juan occupancy tax -- which I recall is now "real money."

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to decide whether this is worth 40,000 points per night.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I will let you know in a few weeks. I am scheduled there for an awards stay Nov 14 - 18.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
I will let you know in a few weeks. I am scheduled there for an awards stay Nov 14 - 18.
Thanks. I've booked an award stay at the Caribe for the winter, but I'm keeping my eyes open for other deals. I'd like to get some value out of my award, and don't want to pay $30+ per night for a resort fee. I'd also like some credit for the buffet breakfast, which I recall to be both good and expensive.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec
I stayed there a few months ago and the hotel is great. I had a minor problem with my room in the hhonors tower but after one phone call they moved me to a higher floor and better room the next day. Just make sure you are in the hhonors tower and not the regular tower. I never stayed in the regular side of the hotel but from what I could tell and from what I heard the hhonors tower is much better.

The fees weren't too much (from what I remember, I stayed 7 nights and think I paid about $100). Also, there was free continental breakfast in the hhonors lounge but I don't think you can apply that as a credit. The hhonors lounge should be accessible to you as a gold member. The lounge is open all day until around 9pm I think and they have the breakfast as I mentioned before and a happy hour with appetizers. The lounge was great for grabbing waters/sodas before I went out for the day.

If you have any other questions about the hotel just let me know!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 9:17 pm

Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan HiltonHhonors Diamond, Northwest Gold
Questiona about new villas

Can you book a reward and/or get upgraded to the new 2BR villas? Or are they not really a part of the hotel. I've got a family of five and that may be the only way for all of us to squeeze into a room.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:59 am

Programs: B6,HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by a2sportsguy
Can you book a reward and/or get upgraded to the new 2BR villas? Or are they not really a part of the hotel. I've got a family of five and that may be the only way for all of us to squeeze into a room.
The villas are part of the hotel and I'm not sure that you can get upgraded to them. However be careful about the party of 5. Most of the rooms are too small for cots (against the fire code to put cots in these rooms). The jr suites have a sofa bed.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ADMNY
The villas are part of the hotel and I'm not sure that you can get upgraded to them. However be careful about the party of 5. Most of the rooms are too small for cots (against the fire code to put cots in these rooms). The jr suites have a sofa bed.
If at least one of the 5 is a small child, I think you'd be better off not telling them you're more than 4. Bring a blow up bed if you need it. Most of the rooms -- especially the larger rooms -- would be large enough. Not necessarily comfortable, of course.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I had an award stay at the Caribe from Nov 14-18 with mixed results.

Here is a tip...be sure to go to the HHonors tower to check in instead of the main lobby. We checked in at the main lobby and was put on the fifth floor of the HHonors section which didn't have a very good view. The room we got was average at best....I had to kick the door each time to get in, had a bulb or two missing and the balcony door wouldn't lock. I went back down to the lobby and got moved up to the 16th floor right away which had great views. I think you want to try and get at least the 12th floor to have a good view.

The hotel was nice but there are definitely better hotels around for about the same price (if paying). I heard multiple comments from people in the older section that their rooms weren't as good as they expected but the HHonors tower seems to be fairly updated. The HHonors lounge was closed so access was given to the executive lounge. If you want to have a few drinks (nothing too exotic), be sure to go there. The drinks aren't free but are definitely a better deal.

As mentioned in other posts, be careful of the taxi drivers. They tend to set their own rates so be sure and ask.

Overall I am glad I went but doubt I would go back again.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
............The hotel was nice but there are definitely better hotels around for about the same price (if paying). I heard multiple comments from people in the older section that their rooms weren't as good as they expected but the HHonors tower seems to be fairly updated. The HHonors lounge was closed so access was given to the executive lounge. If you want to have a few drinks (nothing too exotic), be sure to go there. The drinks aren't free but are definitely a better deal. As mentioned in other posts, be careful of the taxi drivers. They tend to set their own rates so be sure and ask. Overall I am glad I went but doubt I would go back again.
Do you happen to have the names of these better hotels?

MisterNice
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by a2sportsguy
I've tried multiple dates for an award and all are showing no award rooms available with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Is this right? No rooms with 2 beds?

Actually, it looks like I can drop $813 a night for a villa with !2 doubles! to fit in the kids. Either to CUN or Hawaii and get a proper room with no outrageous sum. You really need to see the picture of the "villa" that the website shows. Unbelievably underwhelming.

Last edited by Bikeguy; Nov 23, 2007 at 1:06 pm
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:01 pm

I stayed there a few months ago, and it was not the best place for me.

MOLD-MOLD-MOLD. The HVAC closet was unlocked and when I look in it, it was pretty ugly.

Room Service was really slow, housekeeping did not come one day.

The business center people were nice.

When I go in December, I will stay at the Embassy Suites.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond / Diamond Marriott-Platinum
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Do you happen to have the names of these better hotels?

MisterNice
Are you firm on staying in San Juan and a Hilton? Are other areas in Puerto Rico an option ?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
We stayed there Labor Day weekend using points. We were in the Honors tower, 18th floor. Our room had a terrific view and was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful for the most part, and we didn't have any problems with taxi drivers between the hotel and Old Town or the airport. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but based on what I have read, our impressions might not have been as positive had we been placed in the old building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.