Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yes, I was just about to post this news. What the heck are they thinking? I have a 5 night stay planned & am now bewildered by this change of policy, so held off booking to have a think. The email did say if I did book & subsequently cancel, then let them know the reason. Perhaps to assess the reason

The hotel confirmed to me yesterday (via e-mail) that this was a new policy. Surely this cannot stand long term....
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

(I have a future points stay at the moment, but this makes me gun-shy. What kind of stunt are you going to pull by making all your rates non-refundable?)
And sometimes points stays aren't refundable either, such as during the peak Christmas-New Years holidays. I had thought all points stays were refundable. Fortunately though, the HH Diamond Desk contacted the hotel to make a special request, and the hotel agreed to refund my points. Just a word of caution.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
And sometimes points stays aren't refundable either, such as during the peak Christmas-New Years holidays. I had thought all points stays were refundable. Fortunately though, the HH Diamond Desk contacted the hotel to make a special request, and the hotel agreed to refund my points. Just a word of caution.
I'm outside the peak season (in fact, on my dates the cash rates for Hilton Millennium were cheaper than the DT on Sukhumvit), and my T&Cs give the standard 24 hours, but yeah, making EVERY booking type nonrefundable outside of points bookings is kind of wacky.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:20 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I'm outside the peak season (in fact, on my dates the cash rates for Hilton Millennium were cheaper than the DT on Sukhumvit), and my T&Cs give the standard 24 hours, but yeah, making EVERY booking type nonrefundable outside of points bookings is kind of wacky.
Wacky indeed. I suspect that its the only Hilton that has adopted this ridiculous policy......
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I wanted to make several reservations for the next few months at Millenium Hilton. Because I was worried I would get charged a full deposit despite the rate being "BAR" or "Honors Discount" which are normally flexible, I asked the hotel directly. They made the reservations on my behalf and confirmed the rate is flexible. The bookings now all show up in my account online and my credit card has not been charged.

When I view my bookings online they all say non-refundable and I cannot cancel online, but I see no reason why I would not be able to do so if I contact the hotel again if necessary, especially since they told me in writing that my bookings are flexible.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Happily, the BAR is now showing as flexible: hopefully only a temporary glitch. My original booking has not, however, been updated to be flexible.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:39 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by escape4
I wanted to make several reservations for the next few months at Millenium Hilton. Because I was worried I would get charged a full deposit despite the rate being "BAR" or "Honors Discount" which are normally flexible, I asked the hotel directly. They made the reservations on my behalf and confirmed the rate is flexible. The bookings now all show up in my account online and my credit card has not been charged.

When I view my bookings online they all say non-refundable and I cannot cancel online, but I see no reason why I would not be able to do so if I contact the hotel again if necessary, especially since they told me in writing that my bookings are flexible.
Same here. It’s a strange process indeed.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Wow. Looks like ALL the rates at this property are non-refundable unless you are on a points stay.

(I have a future points stay at the moment, but this makes me gun-shy. What kind of stunt are you going to pull by making all your rates non-refundable?)
I am staying on a Friends & Family rate and it is fully refundable up to 24 hours before the day of arrival.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by John DELTA
I am staying on a Friends & Family rate and it is fully refundable up to 24 hours before the day of arrival.
Originally Posted by Cymro
Happily, the BAR is now showing as flexible: hopefully only a temporary glitch. My original booking has not, however, been updated to be flexible.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
Why?

I stayed at the Millennium Hotel this JUne. I arrived at BKK and ordered an Uber, which arrived in minutes. B375 from airport to Hotel. No mess, no hauling luggage, no sweating, right to Hilton's front door! $11.45 US for 3 people. Their shuttle is OK but has to be timed properly. Used Uber all around Bangkok along with the river taxis. So cheap and easy.

Originally Posted by buddahas
I was adventures today.

Took a bus 113 from ramkhamheang airport link station.

Arrived to mbk almost 2 hours later.

Had pizza at mbk.

Took bus number 36 from mbk which brought me to River City pier.

Paid 4 baht for the 2 minute boat to cross the river on Hilton side instead of waiting for a super slow Hilton shuttle at saphan taksin.

Win!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Many of the rates are indeed nonrefundable, including points ones, you have to be extra careful with this one.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wolfie52
I stayed at the Millennium Hotel this JUne. I arrived at BKK and ordered an Uber, which arrived in minutes. B375 from airport to Hotel. No mess, no hauling luggage, no sweating, right to Hilton's front door! $11.45 US for 3 people. Their shuttle is OK but has to be timed properly. Used Uber all around Bangkok along with the river taxis. So cheap and easy.
Thanks for the Uber recommendation.. Any long wait times in general, or is the network robust in Bangkok?

I wish I would have thought about it as an option last time I took a taxi from the airport to this property. Not a good experience, although it was an abnormality from my other taxi experiences in the city. The driver seemed peeved when I asked (reminded) them to meter the ride after about a minute after departing the airport. I think we got taken for a "sightseeing" ride..
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Where do you get the uber at BKK? Which level?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nk15
Where do you get the uber at BKK? Which level?
https://www.uber.com/airports/bkk/
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I'm a big fan of Uber elsewhere in the world, and have used it in BKK, but given the potential for a crack/shakedown from the Thai police versus the tiny savings over a metered cab (possibly 100 THB, or about $3) I wouldn't use them from the airport.

At least in the airport, cabs are tightly regulated and well managed.

Elsewhere in the city it may be a different story, because of the potential for gouging, but the Grab taxi app gives you a fully licensed cab that takes credit cards and should be as effective as Uber.
FlytheTail likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.