Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
A taxi is the most convenient, but it will likely take 2 hours to get to the hotel at that time. If you want to get there quicker and can easily carry your luggage, you could take the airport link train, then transfer to the BTS to get close to the hotel, and then either take the Hilton boat or a taxi to the hotel. This might save you 30-40 minutes but may not be worth the hassle factor.
I have to agree. If you travel light, then this could be an option. But after flying from the UK via UAE, I prefer to sit in an air conditioned taxi. Bangkok traffic can be a complete nightmare and is very unpredictable. As above, it can take 2 hours. However my last journey to Klong San, I was surprised that it took only 40 minutes. And that was on a Monday evening about 1800.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
A taxi is the most convenient, but it will likely take 2 hours to get to the hotel at that time. If you want to get there quicker and can easily carry your luggage, you could take the airport link train, then transfer to the BTS to get close to the hotel, and then either take the Hilton boat or a taxi to the hotel. This might save you 30-40 minutes but may not be worth the hassle factor.
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I have to agree. If you travel light, then this could be an option. But after flying from the UK via UAE, I prefer to sit in an air conditioned taxi. Bangkok traffic can be a complete nightmare and is very unpredictable. As above, it can take 2 hours. However my last journey to Klong San, I was surprised that it took only 40 minutes. And that was on a Monday evening about 1800.
Thanks for the insights. Although I generally try to use public transportation, I think I'll do the taxi for convenience this time.

This is only my 2nd visit to Bangkok, so I forget. Taxis primarily only take cash, correct, and if so, how much should I expect to pay for the ride from the airport?

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jul 11, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Thanks for the insights. Although I generally try to use public transportation, I think I'll do the taxi for convenience this time.

This is only my 2nd visit to Bangkok, so I forget. Taxis primarily only take cash, correct, and if so, how much should I expect to pay for the ride from the airport?
Make sure you get a taxi from the taxi stand one floor down from arrivals. Ensure they use the meter. You should be paying no more than 500bht + tolls. Cash only I think.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've never taken a taxi to Thonburi from the airport but you'll get hit with tolls (75), AoT charge (50) and the meter will be somewhere between 300-350.

Cash only.

If any problems (hot meter, no meter usage etc) bring it up at the hotel to staff prior to giving the driver any money.

If driver requests you give money for the tolls as they're encountered do not give a big bill.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've never taken a taxi to Thonburi from the airport but you'll get hit with tolls (75), AoT charge (50) and the meter will be somewhere between 300-350.
Agreed, plus tip (I usually tip 50-70 or so, assuming reasonable driving). And don't be surprised if the taxi tries to charge you a flat rate of 500 or 600 baht. You can hassle with them and sometimes I agree to a flat fee of 400 or 450, including all tolls, airport fee, etc. In those cases, sometimes the driver gets creative and skips one of the tolls, slightly lengthening the ride.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:16 pm

"Plus tip"
No tips required in Thailand, completely optional.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:41 pm

Cost of Laundry at the Millennium Hilton?

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of doing laundry at this hotel? Reasonable, or the more frequent $10 for a pair of jeans?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I was there 3 years ago and IIRC washed socks and underwear were more than the purchase cost.
There is a same day laundry on the front street within sight of the entrance.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by rjmaype
I was there 3 years ago and IIRC washed socks and underwear were more than the purchase cost.
There is a same day laundry on the front street within sight of the entrance.
Same day laundry nearby sounds like the winner.. thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:22 am

I was adventures today.

Took a bus 113 from ramkhamheang airport link station.

Arrived to mbk almost 2 hours later.

Had pizza at mbk.

Took bus number 36 from mbk which brought me to River City pier.

Paid 4 baht for the 2 minute boat to cross the river on Hilton side instead of waiting for a super slow Hilton shuttle at saphan taksin.

Win!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
It looks like the Hilton Millennium is right across the river from the Royal Orchid Sheraton. How easy/difficult is it to get to Sheraton from the Millennium?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by FGunawan
It looks like the Hilton Millennium is right across the river from the Royal Orchid Sheraton. How easy/difficult is it to get to Sheraton from the Millennium?
Very easy. There is a public boat you can take which is cheap, I think it was 5 or 10 THB.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Just a heads up on this property - I booked a stay there for the last weekend in September using my corporate rate - I think there was an Honors sale on at the time, but I wanted a little flexibility. (The corporate rate is 10% off BAR). However, it seems that here, even the BAR is not flexible/refundable in any way.

Had I known I'd have paid the extra and gone for a non-refundable stay at the Conrad - it's not a fortune, and not an awful deal, but disappointing that I either could have had a better property for little more or saved money in a sale — but it makes the BAR completely pointless when it's undercut by rates that are no less flexible.

So make sure you don't make my mistake and book a non-refundable BAR unless that's what you really want!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Wow. Looks like ALL the rates at this property are non-refundable unless you are on a points stay.

(I have a future points stay at the moment, but this makes me gun-shy. What kind of stunt are you going to pull by making all your rates non-refundable?)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:53 pm

Thanks for that post. I wouldn't never have bothered to check T and Cs for that. Maybe complain to the diamond desk, if you have status? See if they can do something for you, as it's very sneaky.

TBH I only stay at the Conrad as my single experience here wasn't great, but useful for others to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.