Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Houston, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Houston, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Both are nice propoerties, but if you can wangle a city view high floor room at the Hilton Americas, the view is worth more than the room rate in itself.

Only downside is that Hilton Americas is a couple of blocks to the downtown tunnels and so possibly a hot walk if you decide not to use the car.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Im not sure if its completed yet but I know they were building a brand new hilton line not sure if it was DT/ES right across the street from the Hilton.

I stayed at the Americas in april, and got upgraded to exec level, but had a very nice view of the park. I know they give Exec level free internet which really shouldn't matter with the new policy for gold/dmd. Although I had to get my charges reversed when I checked out which the guy didn't have a problem doing.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Actually, the free internet for Gold/Diamond doesn't start until 9/1 and I am staying on 8/28; so if I could get free internet on the Exec. Level that would be a plus. Although I generally have my MyWay preference set to internet anyway.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Both are very nice properties. The Hilton is much newer than the Doubletree, but the Doubletree was nicely renovated a few years ago. Hard to go wrong with either hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:13 pm

Homewood suites (westchase): old TV, no breakfast on Christmas day except coffee, was offered to go to Hamton inn (2 miles away) to have breakfast but I did not go, fairly smaller room.

Hampton Inn WestChase: better than homewood suite westchase slightly in almost every catogory

Hilton garden Inn westchase: I think it is better than the two above, service is much better

Embassy Suites on I-10: a very nice hotel though a little further (3 miles) from Westchase area, best of the 4 hilton family hotels mentioned
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:20 pm

I stay in Houston area at vleast 25 times a year. I like HGI and ES Galleria best. Also, like HGI in Clear Lake.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
The Hilton Clear Lake - NASA was recently renovated and is actually quite nice with a legit restaurant... :-:
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by jabez
I stay in Houston area at vleast 25 times a year. I like HGI and ES Galleria best. Also, like HGI in Clear Lake.
Also have 20 stays/year in the Houston Galleria area.

Favorite:
Doubletree Galleria

Passable:
ES Galleria
Hilton Post Oak

Avoid:
SW Hilton (though sometimes cheap enough to use for non-stay stays to collect promos)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond
HGI Galleria

Just completed a stay at the HGI Galleria. The staff was fantastic. I had five rooms reserved for myself and colleagues. The hotel gave us HHonors benefits for each room. (I only expected it for 2.)

The staff were super friendly and attentive. They also gave great restaurant recommendations.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL FO, US GP, HH Diamond, Amex plat, Avis Pref
Way to go Houston area Hilton/HGI!

Quick TR (I do not have the penmanship of a true TR author, so I believe it is best suited here...)

Hilton Houston North

Check In/Parking - Plenty of surface lot parking close to the entrance. Check in was a 7pm on a Friday night, and they still had 3 agents working. I was the only one at that time and walked right up. When I came down later for supper, there were 10-12 people waiting to check in (half were pilots/FAs), so I imagine the 3 agents were very helpful. Anyway, Diamond status was mentioned and I was upgraded to the 14th floor. Also, worth mentioning is the Uncle Sam's Great Rate, which as a federal contractor, I may or may not actually qualify for - it was great. $20 food/bev coupon included in same rate as Fed Contractor.

Room/Hotel Feel - The room was extremely muggy and hot when I walked in. This is typical (well, perhaps better stated - I have seen this several times) for hotels in the SE, so nothing too annoying. Simply turn on the AC before going to dinner, and problem solved. Everything was clean and the couch and chair were very comfy in the living room. The hotel's lobby is huge to say the least.

Meals - I decided to have dinner at the hotel's "Vino" cafe and my steak was great. Not the best atmosphere for socializing with others, but lets be honest, it is an airport hotel on a Friday night. The HH lounge was not open on the 16th floor for breakfast, so I was given a breakfast coupon for use the next morning. Breakfast was great, and open at 6:20ish on a Saturday AM, typically, in my experience I have seen 7am breakfast openings. Not a big deal if you are sleeping in, but if I am at a hotel on a Friday night, you better belief I am going to be up and at it first thing the next morning.

Other - All the staff was extremely friendly and seemed to express a genuine desire to help and provide a great stay. The only bad side was the internet strength was terrible. Very terrible actually.

I just checked in to the HGI Energy Corridor in Westchase and it seems to be one of the nicest HGI's I have been to. I will add the review tomorrow after check out.

Also worth mentioning, is you Houston people have some crazy highway/secondary road interchanges. I've seen them in Corpus Christi, but if not for that, my mind would have been blown last night in the rental.

As always, just my two cents.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:01 am

I've also had positive experiences during multiple stays at the HGI in Pearland off of Hwy 288.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL FO, US GP, HH Diamond, Amex plat, Avis Pref
HGI - Energy Corridor

Check-in/parking - Again, this is TX and surface lots prevail, no surprise here. Check in was smooth, seemed to be a fairly lightly used hotel on a Saturday in a heavy business driven section of Houston. No line and I was upgraded to a 6th floor room with a living room.

Room/Hotel Feel - The room was new; I asked the lady at the desk and she said the hotel was roughly 2 1/2 years old. It still felt very new and clean. The two TV's in the room were both 32" flat screens and the couch was decent, but the ego chair at the desk was preferred. The hotel looks and feels just like every other HGI, so nothing amazing, yet nothing bad either.

Meals - There is a chain-type steak house around the corner from the hotel and I went there for dinner. That was it for walking distance, and I didn't feel like venturing out. Breakfast was the standard HGI fare with nothing to complain about. The waitress was very friendly. My only gripe is they didn't open until 7am - but as mentioned in the previous review, this is expected for weekends.

Overall, the hotel was really quite nice and next time I am down here I might venture over to the ES across the street, but would not be upset over staying here again.

Also worth mentioning, the 210 CO IAH-CLT flight was canceled, so no standbuy (yes spelling intended, as no status on CO) for me to get home early. The CO E-concourse lounge will have to do until
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Which Hilton in Houston, TX?

I am travelling to Houston and plan to stay in a Hilton brand hotel. As I have never been to Houston, I am not clear which area to prefer. Even having had a look on the Hilton web site, it's not very clear for me, which one to choose.
I will have a rental car, therefore location is not the issue. Nevertheless it shouldn't be too far "off".
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dmd
I stay at the HGI Westbelt frequently. The ONLY reason I stay their is its' proximity to the office I visit. If Downtown Houston is your destination this is not the property for you.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by athome
I am travelling to Houston and plan to stay in a Hilton brand hotel. As I have never been to Houston, I am not clear which area to prefer. Even having had a look on the Hilton web site, it's not very clear for me, which one to choose.
I will have a rental car, therefore location is not the issue. Nevertheless it shouldn't be too far "off".
Houston is a BIG city....Please tell us what area you will working in / or what area of the city do you have lots of stuff to do. WIthout that information, its hard to just pick a hotel in Houston...as you could easily drive for an hour to get to your place of interest / work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.