Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center {US-GA}

Has anyone stayed at the new HGI Atlanta? The website states this hotel opened a year ago; I searched and found no posts. Trying to decide between a Jr. Suite at this hotel and the airport Embassy Suites. I am only a silver member now so I expect no benefits.
Old May 13, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
The Hilton isn't a bad property. I stayed there for 1 night in the fall, and I asked for a room with a view of the airport. I spent hours watching planes, and the lounge has a nice view too. I think I was on the top floor too.
Old May 13, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I bet the previous response was about the Hilton, not the Hilton Garden Inn, as the Hilton has a very nice top floor executive lounge. (I've been there) I can't imagine the Hilton Garden Inn being very tall or having an executive floor lounge. (Haven't been there, though)
Old May 13, 2005, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

I am aware that the Hilton is not a bad property. I stayed there on one business trip about two years ago and received a very large Jr. Suite upgrade for my Gold status. However, now that I am a measly Silver, I expect no upgrades. Because I will have my 1 year old with me on this next trip, I want a bigger room for my son to explore; hence I'm only interested in the Embassy Suites or a jr. suite at the HGI.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:46 pm

Suggest you don't stay at HILTON GARDEN INN-ATLANTA AIRPORT/ MILLENIUM CENTER

Diamond HHonors member here. Booked a two-night stay at the HILTON GARDEN INN-ATLANTA AIRPORT/MILLENIUM CENTER. The rooms were newly renovated and still smelled of paint. Had a VERY rough night the first night - Kept sinking in to the mattress (like more than half my body height). I'm athletic so a very normal weight, btw. I assumed it was that there was a memory foam topper that was oriented 180 degrees wrong.

Upon return after the next day of meetings I decided to just turn the 'topper' around myself and when I stripped off the bottom sheet I discovered this horror (see attached photos).

Very upset and honestly nauseated knowing I had basically slept with this disgusting, stained mattress next to my skin all night (and had spent a few additional hours watching Netflix). Called downstairs and asked for the MOD but there wasn't one. Front desk guy shows up with a tape gun (and at that point I now realized he thought the sinking I described when I called was due to a punctured air bladder in the adjustable bed or that he was going to try and tape the mattress back together.

Demanded a different room but sold out (Delta FAs in month-long training had this hotel filled) so at 10:30PM in this really shady area they sent me to the Fairfield Inn down the street.

Didn't get refunded on the room and the total charge was $244.64 for the prior night and two days later I got a 'form letter' emailed form the GM and nothing else, not even points.

I've filed a formal complaint with HHonors so we'll see.

I'm pissed because they clearly didn't care about their guests that are paying good money to stay there. CLEARLY the maids at a minimum knew about this (were they actually changing the sheets between guests? Maybe not because they would have clearly seen this). It just reeks of "I don't give a crap about our guests" and that makes me angry. How about they have this mattress delivered to their homes and put it in their OWN bedrooms and sleep on it. See? Feels different when you put it THAT way...

I just signed a contract where I'll be in hotels three nights a week for the next six months (and a likely extension) plus weekend travel sports with my kids. Interested to see what they do.

At a minimum just wanted to give anyone traveling to Atlanta a head's-up to avoid this place and if you're a Delta FA in training you have my sympathies...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oew5837ux..._3889.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tatdkwusw..._3893.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymde735ibr..._3887.JPG?dl=0
Old May 19, 2017, 12:19 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Not a Hilton property, but I had a similar mattress at the Sheraton Herndon Dulles East last year.

Upon checkin, I noticed some fabric hanging out from under the sheets and just assumed that it was an oversized mattress topper/mattress protector.

After lying in bed for the night, the corner of the sheets came off and when I pulled them back the next morning I was horrified to see that it was not in fact extra fabric from a mattress protector/mattress topper, but rather the mattress fabric itself hanging off the side. The entire top and side of the mattress could be pulled back exposing the mattress springs and all of the trash that had been thrown inside the mattress.

There is NO way that Housekeeping couldn't have noticed this...
Old May 20, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I have not stayed at the HGI ATL airport for a few years, but when I did, I found them to be a solid property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.