Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Had breakfast in the main restaurant a few years ago (free for diamonds). Was the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Delicious spread with some outstanding views of Tokyo. Can't wait to go back.
The restaurant breakfast. is very good with a wide choice. It was the best hotel breakfast I had had until I stayed at the Shangri-La Tokyo which was a notch higher.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by thbe
I had almost the same for an award stay in April. After the first loading, they had only premium awards available (but they had standard rooms for cash). Even an email couldn't help. Later they offered the standard award room. After a few weeks, that availabilty was gone again.

I'm afraid, you have to check often (somethng between daily and weekly) to avoid missing the availability of the city view roooms. But easy to do by app.

Of course you can ask, if they have an event there and that is why the standard rooms are not available.

And by the way: Conrad Tokyo is often a good place to burn points instead of cash.
I know it can be, though every time I'm in town the point rates tend to be astronomical. It's currently hovering around 188k per night. I've had good luck with the third night free through Amex FHR, though I'd happily take a 95k room if I could snag one.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zack14
How's the breakfast?
Breakfast at Cerise is FAR superior to the one in the Lounge. The lounge isn't bad but Cerise is ridiculously good.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by CJNoobie
Breakfast at Cerise is FAR superior to the one in the Lounge. The lounge isn't bad but Cerise is ridiculously good.
I have to agree, lots more choice and easier to get special order eggs than in the lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Correct. One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had in my life. Even better than the one I was getting at the Conrad Maldives.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:20 pm

Correct. One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had in my life. Even better than the one I was getting at the Conrad Maldives.
The spread at the Conrad Osaka was actually larger and had LOTS more Asian options and slightly fewer Western ones, but the execution of the Western options was better at the Conrad Tokyo in my opinion. Very close overall though.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

The spread at the Conrad Osaka was actually larger and had LOTS more Asian options and slightly fewer Western ones, but the execution of the Western options was better at the Conrad Tokyo in my opinion. Very close overall though.
Good point although I'm Western so I prefer my traditional breakfast options. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day so I prefer to just get it over with as painless as possible
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Good point although I'm Western so I prefer my traditional breakfast options. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day so I prefer to just get it over with as painless as possible
Another point about Cerise is that soda isn't included with the Diamond breakfast. After being charged 900 yen! for a Diet Coke (my morning caffeine of choice), I just had tea at Cerise then grabbed a soda from the lounge afterwards!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:40 am

Does anyone know the email to the concierge at Conrad Tokyo? I'm looking to ask them to make restaurant reservations, but not sure if I emailed the correct address.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by endy
Does anyone know the email to the concierge at Conrad Tokyo? I'm looking to ask them to make restaurant reservations, but not sure if I emailed the correct address.
Here you go: [email protected]
endy likes this.

Last edited by Gradfly; Oct 23, 2018 at 10:54 am Reason: Added quote
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Anyone know if smartphone with data access is provided with stay. And if you used it, how was your experience.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sfsportsguy
Anyone know if smartphone with data access is provided with stay. And if you used it, how was your experience.
Not to my knowledge. I've never asked, but they don't provide them in the rooms.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by sfsportsguy
I stayed twice last year, and this amenity was not offered. I believe that's still the case.

That being said, renting a pocket wifi is quite simple in Japan, and you can have your unit shipped to the Conrad for pickup.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I stayed twice last year, and this amenity was not offered. I believe that's still the case.
Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Not to my knowledge. I've never asked, but they don't provide them in the rooms.
Thank you both for the response. Just wanted to confirm as I just got a positive email response back from hotel. But I think they may have misunderstood it for wifi.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:42 pm

Definitely more of an AirBNB thing. Many here would be using some form of roaming I expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.