Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/28 - 10/30:

Location: The hotel is located in Slussen just south of Gamla Stan Island. It's right next to the Slussen Tunnelbana station from which trams run really frequently and is two stations from the Central Station Metro stop. ARN is a $56 Uber ride. Nearby is also a ferry station as well as a number of restaurants and bars on the Söderledstunneln. I was a little worried it would be too remote a location to tour the city but it was a perfect base operation for touring.

Hotel: The hotel is a bit of a rambling structure with two towers. The lobby has a restaurant called Eken in it which overlooks the harbor and the lower level has a large restaurant that serves breakfast. The fourth floor has an executive lounge that's open for breakfast and evening drinks and appetizers seven days a week.

Check In: Not the best encounter, no Diamond recognition and not a very friendly encounter with the agent. However, every single other employee I dealt with at the hotel was wonderful so I'm just writing this off as a one off.

Room: I was upgraded to a View Deluxe Corner King with a view of the harbor. The bed was very comfortable, there were outlets near the bed and the wifi worked well. The bathroom with large tub and windows was a really nice touch. I will note my Nespresso machine wasn't working when I arrived but it was quickly fixed.

Lounge/Breakfast The lounge is on the 4th floor and is fairly large with plenty of seating and great views. For breakfast they had scrambled eggs, sausage, meatballs, cold cuts, cereal and fruit and yogurt: way above average spread. In the evening they had a few hot dishes but of the appetizer variety not really enough for dinner plus snacks and cheese and bread as well as beer, wine, Cava and liquor.

As a Diamond I was also able to eat in the lobby restaurant which was an impressive spread that rivals any Hilton I've stayed at in Asia. Omelet bar, several hot dishes, a large number of breads, cereal, fruit, yogurt and excellent service all around.

I was staying on points but I was very impressed with the hotel and would gladly be back.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Happy to see your stay report, CMK10 . I share your opinions about location, service etc. Having had many stays here, it's one of my two favourite Stockholm hotels. Staing more than just overnight, even the executive rooms might feel a little on the small side, but still large in comparison to Hilton SYD and others. The room you were assigned is also my favourite, the one similar, located to the right at the end of the corridor, has a more limited view. Bad luck, though, at check-in, never faced that myself
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:16 am

Checking in there tonight. Hoping for a good stay to make up for my so-so stay at a really well reviewed hotel in London that I just left this morning.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
CMK10, you always do TRs right. Thanks and I'm a fan of this property.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:05 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
I recently stayed at the Hilton Slussen (November 2017) as a Diamond member and had a so-so experience at the hotel.

As others have noted, the hotel is in a great location and close to the subway and walk-able to many sites. The building itself is a bit dated but this was not such a detractor. The room itself was fine and I would rate the breakfast quality as higher then many hotels (the omelet was one of the best I have had). However the price for the room was a bit steep, at least the weekend we were there (close to 120 USD plus 18,000 pts per night). We had a room in the main building but if you get assigned to one of the other buildings this would mean walking back and forth each day which does not seem that convenient. The Executive Lounge was also nice, assuming you could get a seat. Both nights were were there it was standing room only - so busy some people could not even use the lounge and just decided to leave. A nit-picky point, but the views from our room (and the EL) were not soo great in my opinion. You do get to see the downtown area, but half of the view is also of a freeway which takes something away from it.

If I found a good deal we would stay here again, but if not may try one of the nearby Sheraton hotels or possibly AirBnB. For some pictures from the hotel: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...kholm-slussen/
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:27 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Steve_19
I recently stayed at the Hilton Slussen (November 2017) as a Diamond member .... However the price for the room was a bit steep, at least the weekend we were there (close to 120 USD plus 18,000 pts per night).

The Executive Lounge was also nice, assuming you could get a seat. Both nights were were there it was standing room only - so busy some people could not even use the lounge and just decided to leave.

I also stayed here on a weekend in November 2017, but I paid something like 120 USD without using any points.
(Not sure why you are reporting in USD especially if you are in Germany. I actually paid 1110 SEK and the exchange rate was 9.1 at the time of booking, so $120 is right, but today the rate is 7.9 which would be $140.)

The lounge was only half-occupied from 1800-1900 and filled up later on, but not to the level of standing-room only.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:02 am

We had no problem finding a private table each night in the lounge. I thought the location was amazing as a home base for exploring the city.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:43 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by :D!
I also stayed here on a weekend in November 2017, but I paid something like 120 USD without using any points.
(Not sure why you are reporting in USD especially if you are in Germany. I actually paid 1110 SEK and the exchange rate was 9.1 at the time of booking, so $120 is right, but today the rate is 7.9 which would be $140.)

The lounge was only half-occupied from 1800-1900 and filled up later on, but not to the level of standing-room only.
Perhaps we choose a poor weekend to go (rate wise), or weekend had high demand for the hotel as seemed to be rather crowded.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I haven't been there at a weekend when the lounge wasn't packed as soon as the free alcohol comes out. Trying the Sheraton for my next trip. Bit more expensive for club rooms but the people I'm going with like it there and it's handy for the train station.

Slussen will be lovely in about 15 years time i'm sure!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:23 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I saw something odd with a points booking for this hotel.

For the date I was looking at, the standard award rate has been flipping between 31000 and 41000 points every day!

In European/US morning time it was 31K and around European/US evening time it was 41K. Meanwhile, the paid rates for the same room have not changed since I started looking - flexible rate of 1460kr.

I've only been checking it a few times a day because I've been waiting for some points transfers to come through before I could make a decision about booking. At 41K points I would rather pay the prepaid 1192kr at a loss of flexibility, but at 31K redeeming is a better deal for me - using USDSEK of 8.7, that's either 0.41 or 0.54 US cents per point without considering points earned if paying.

Anyway, I managed to book at the 31K rate once all the points had come through by waiting until the next morning...

Last edited by :D!; Jun 16, 2018 at 6:36 am
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Im trying to get a reasonable rate early october but coming in around 1700 SEk which is a bit steep. I am diamond so at least get club there.
I stayed a the Sheraton and though plat and got a suite found the club to be a zoo and the breakfast terrible.
so was trying to find an alternative. does anyone have any clues on getting that 1160 SEK rate
we are there for 6 nts on a mileage run.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Well im inhouse got a deluxe twin with view
on opening the door I had a view of the freeway, train and a glimpse of water
when I opened the window the noise was incredible.
As I sleep with windows open this was pretty well unacceptable
I called down and was instantly offered other rooms. Even though the hotel is pretty full
iIchose one in the 3rd building on 8th floor where I can open the window and the noise isnt too bad.
The club is a bit of a zoo at night with people standing everywhere at the food station though they replenish a lot it is always a mess. they need a bigger room. then you have to compete with people making their own drinks and then it gets noisier and noisier.
the breakfst downstairs is very good .
Breakfast you can make your own waffles with fresh cream and omlette station.also can do your own apple and carrot juice plus lots of different breads
im impressed
I wouldnt say its hte best part of town as the hop on hop off bus is a long way away. but its ok
i will cab it to the airport as the schlep to the arlandia express is long way.
cannot see why at this price it is so popular.
I only stayed as I am diamond.

Last edited by aussielori; Oct 13, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There is a subway station just f the hotel, which leads to the main station. If you do not have too much luggage this is a shirt way to the Arlanda Express. Be aware taxi in Stockholm are deregulated. You might pay a lot for this trip.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:19 pm

Our stay there last year was just fine. A very short walk to the old town and we walked just about everywhere else. One of my favorite breweries in the world is just a couple of blocks away so the location was great for us. Used Uber to get over to Skansen and the Vasa.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by aussielori
The club is a bit of a zoo at night with people standing everywhere at the food station though they replenish a lot it is always a mess. they need a bigger room. then you have to compete with people making their own drinks and then it gets noisier and noisier.
Yes, the club isn't pleasant when the hotel is fairly full.
the breakfst downstairs is very good .
Breakfast you can make your own waffles with fresh cream and omlette station.also can do your own apple and carrot juice plus lots of different breads
im impressed
I wasn't impressed by the breakfast downstairs, but then I'm used to breakfast buffets around the world. I was disappointed that there is no gravlax or smoked salmon, considering that this is common around the world, and Scandinavia is famous for this. Otherwise the breakfast buffet is OK. I'd say in the middle of what I expect at international Hilton properties.
I wouldnt say its hte best part of town as the hop on hop off bus is a long way away. but its ok
I can't speak to the Hop-on Hop-off as I don't use those, but there's a lot within walking distance. You can easily walk to the palace and other sites in Gamla Stan, the shops in Södermalm, and lots more.
i will cab it to the airport as the schlep to the arlandia express is long way.
For one person only, the Arlanda Express is cheaper and just as fast. For two people the cost of an Uber is close enough to be worth the convenience. For three or four, an Uber is cheaper as well as more convenient. I'd recommend an Uber rather than a taxi because the cost is more controlled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.