Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm currently staying here every weekday for the past few months and every time I book the lowest rate (through my company's approved agent) and every time I've been upgraded to an Executive Room as a Diamond.

Service is very Swedish aka non intrusive, if you want something you have to ask. EL is good, though the hot food options disappear quickly and thimble sized glasses they provide don't facilitate a very good G&T. Other than that this is a pretty innocuous Hilton.

Location is great, metro is close by. Eken restaurant is perfectly fine (I'm bloody sick of it at this stage though)
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I'm having a meh stay at this property.

Things got off to a flying start when they checked me in to a room that another guest was already in, as I found when I unlocked the door and found him making his bed. He seemed surprised, but not quite as surprised as I was, given he was naked ...

Q: Any FTers complained about a mediocre stay here, and if so, to whom, by what channel, and what response if any did the hotel offer?
If I'd found a naked man in my room I would have expected the night to be comped, or else a very substantial discount. You have a case in law for loss of expected amenity I suspect. Did you put it forcefully to a manager on the spot?

I know that it's rather self-important to make a fuss, say, about a suite upgrade or some slight problem with the room, but being sent to a room with a naked man in it is definitely the time to insist on seeing a manager - It's also a great twitter post if all else fails!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by templar42
If I'd found a naked man in my room I would have expected the night to be comped...
Some might be willing to pay extra for that.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Some might be willing to pay extra for that.
Even in that case, one might still want some notice of said naked man's arrival!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:21 am

I think the naked person has more right to a complaint than the new guest who stumbled into someone else's room. It is a greater invasion on the current inhabitant of the room, whether naked or not, and whether present in the room or not.

I would not be happy if someone barged into my room with me in it, regardless of my state of dress or undress. And I certainly would be equally upset if a stranger had been given access to my room while I wasn't there and could have rummaged through my personal belongings haphazardly.

I don't really see the 'damage' done to the guest who had inadvertently become an intruder to someone else's room.
NWA747SNN likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by templar42
It's also a great twitter post if all else fails!
You think I should have snapped a quick photo for posterity instead of slamming the room door and running walking briskly back to the lift?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
A Short but Pleasant Stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Map| 4 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Guldgraend 8 Box 15270 Stockholm, SE 104 65

A Short but Pleasant Stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen (3 Photos)

Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Check In

I arrived in the Hilton Honors line after a family who was asking a lot of questions. Another agent looked up and motioned me over. She welcomed me and, after I handed over my passport and credit card, acknowledged my Diamond status. She told me that I had been upgraded to a Deluxe King room from the Queen room I had booked. She told me that the Executive Lounge was on the fourth floor, and informed me about the evening service. She also told me that I could have breakfast in the lounge or in the breakfast room. She also gave me a map of Stockholm with the hotel's location marked, a drink voucher, and a small bag of berries covered in orange flavored white chocolate. After reading some of the reviews, I was very pleasantly surprised by the entire check in process.

Room

The room was more than accommodating for one person traveling alone, with a table and chair in a window bay

IMG_2392.jpg

king bed

IMG_2390.jpg

and bathroom:

IMG_2391.jpg

There was no proper closet in my room. There were shallow panels that folded out from the wall next to the bathroom as well as next to the entry. I can imagine that this would be inconvenient for a couple with lots of clothes or someone who wanted to stash huge bags, but it was fine for me. Overall, the room was functional and comfortable, though the marble in the bathroom was dizzying!

Service

I had no complaints about the service. Check in, as mentioned earlier, was friendly, as were other encounters with agents at the front desk when I had questions or needed change. 

Dining

I had breakfast in the breakfast room (one level below the lobby) each morning I was there. There was a good variety of breads/pastries, fruits, cereals, hot foods, and a spread of meat/cheese/fish. There was also the opportunity to get eggs to order. The service was very friendly and attentive my first morning, and it was friendly but not so attentive the next. 

I didn't check the breakfast in the lounge, so I cannot review that. The lounge has a nice espresso/coffee machine which is available all day. The evening service was not spectacular, but it was a good place for a pre-dinner snack. There was a selection of wines, beers, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. Two warm dishes were always available, alternating between salmon fritters, french fries, chicken skewers, and some other type of fried ball. There were also small sandwiches, a fresh vegetable tray, and a few other items. 

The location is very convenient for any tourist visiting Stockholm. The Slussen T-Bana station is just a couple of minutes away by foot. If arriving at Slussen, take one of the exits marked "Götgatan," walk up the hill to the intersection, turn right onto Götgatan, and you will see the Hilton a couple of blocks ahead on the left. The hotel is also a short walk to the Old Town and the ferry to Djurgården. There is always a lot of activity around the hotel, but it's far enough from the crowds of Old Town and Central Stockholm to be a little more leisurely.

Overall

The Hilton is well positioned for anyone who wants to explore Stockholm. It's a solid property, and I will definitely consider it next time I am in Stockholm.

A Short but Pleasant Stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Stockholm Slussen?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have a recommendation between this Hilton or the Radisson Sky City in the airport for a 16 hour layover? (3pm to 7am)
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jepiv
Does anyone have a recommendation between this Hilton or the Radisson Sky City in the airport for a 16 hour layover? (3pm to 7am)
With such an early flight, would stay at airport. Drop stuff off at hotel, then head into town for the afternoon/evening.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jepiv
The Hilton is quite a distance from the airport - I think about 45 minutes by train, whereas the airport Radisson is right there.

I guess it depends on what you want to do during those 16 hours - do you intend to walk around central Stockholm or will you just relax/sleep at the hotel?

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't notice your 7 am flight time until kirkwoodj mentioned it. Definitely stay at the airport hotel.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Possible to book a Queen Room and get Twin?

I would like to use a Free Night Certificate at this hotel for a one night stay in July (post-cruise). Unfortunately, the only standard rooms available at this hotel consist of a single Queen Bed. I will definitely need a room with two beds (traveling with my mom). For those who have stayed at this hotel a lot, what are the chances of being able to get a Twin Room even though I have booked a single Queen room. I have Gold status and will be arriving at 9am, so that might help.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is really no way to answer your question. You should call or email the hotel to see if they can accommodate your request. Anything else gives you no certainty. I've stayed here a few times and each time it is worse. The rooms are very tired and the whole place has a bit of a low-end convention feel to it. You may wish to consider some of the other options in this beautiful city.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I would like to use a Free Night Certificate at this hotel for a one night stay in July (post-cruise). Unfortunately, the only standard rooms available at this hotel consist of a single Queen Bed. I will definitely need a room with two beds (traveling with my mom). For those who have stayed at this hotel a lot, what are the chances of being able to get a Twin Room even though I have booked a single Queen room. I have Gold status and will be arriving at 9am, so that might help.
When you are making the booking there is an option to inficate that your preferred room was not available and tick the 'twin' option. However, I would call them as soon as you have reserved the room - they may change the room type right away or at least advise you if there is a chance. If the hotel is fully booked then there is not much they can do. Also, the rooms there are tiny, really tiny. I like the hotel a lot, but some rooms are like closets.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is really no way to answer your question. You should call or email the hotel to see if they can accommodate your request. Anything else gives you no certainty. I've stayed here a few times and each time it is worse. The rooms are very tired and the whole place has a bit of a low-end convention feel to it. You may wish to consider some of the other options in this beautiful city.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
The chances are very good -- at least if you are willing to wait to access the room until closer to the mid or late afternoon. It may also help to put a special note into the reservation at the time of booking and to call up the hotel a night or two before so they do so.

Personally, I don't really like this property as much as I used to like it, and I say that as a Diamond. I get better bang for my buck by staying elsewhere in Stockholm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.