Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by dangrad
I'm a HH Diamond member....was there in February and had access to Executive Lounge and a nice corner room in the 'main' building. Internet access free in lounge.
I stayed at this hotel earlier this week and was once again upgraded to the 3rd floor with executive lounge access. Internet is free in the lounge and if you ask you get a WIFI card for free which give you acess for 24hours in your room. After 24 hours have passed you just go back and ask for another card. Works perfectly.
Old May 21, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
many thanks for rapid responses - getting a Wifi pass for room use sounds terrific!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:56 am

Back at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, this might be my 10th stay at this hotel or something like that. The hotel is fully booked tonight and therefor they couldnt upgrade me so I am stuck in a normal room on the 8th floor not in the main building with no acess to the lounge. This is the first time as I can recall when I have been gold that I have not been upgraded at this hotel. Will be back at this hotel again in about 10 days, we will see if I can score an upgrade then.

Did however get a free wifi card, otherwise internet is 150sek.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Excellent Award Stay Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Stayed last week two nights on point stretcher and third night on full points. Received Diamond Gift on nights one and three - bottle of wine and box of gelee sweets.

Read FT reviews before my trip and had low expectations. Rooms are small by American standards but we were so happy and the room was totally great.

We were on the Executive floor and had lounge access. Amazingly, we were given free buffet in the restaurant each morning - it was an incredible value. They gave us 2 wi-fi cards for each day and the free internet access was terrific.

King size platform bed was firm but comfortable and we enjoyed having seperate duvets. The bathtub was so hard to get in and out of but I didn't fall once and I enjoyed the size for a relaxing soak after all the walking each day.

Note that food and taxis are crazy expensive in Stockholm (taxi to airport was only 490 crona which seemed like good value - just in-town rides were extortionate). To get to the museums and things we used taxis but maybe on a future visit I might find another hotel close to the museums for part of my stay. In any case, wouldn't want to miss out on a stay here and would build it in to the itinerary.

Staff was courteous and helpful at all times. Loved our stay and would return instantly.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Currently on Exec floor. Food and libations were so good that there was no need to go out to dinner. One of the best Clubs anywhere! (including 4S).
^ to Hilton Stockholm. Big PLUS: The windows open, so one can get a breath of Swedish air.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The hotel does seem to have gotten much better for Diamonds at least, but I am curious what it is like for Golds and Diamonds at times other than during the summer vacation season (i.e. summer is when business demand for Stockholm business class hotels is basically dead). [This is essentially peak vacation period for Swedes who try to escape and/or avoid cities in Sweden.]

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Currently on Exec floor. Food and libations were so good that there was no need to go out to dinner. One of the best Clubs anywhere! (including 4S).
^ to Hilton Stockholm. Big PLUS: The windows open, so one can get a breath of Swedish air.
.... and there was actually some sun here today until it got all cloudy again.

The Hilton is perfectly situated for walking to the Old Town and it's also perfect location to take the subway/Tbana all around town. The Slussen subway station is a very short walk from the hotel and it has multiple subway lines connecting there which run on a frequent fixed schedule and which has 24-hour operations for Friday night and Saturday night. This all in conjunction with buses help avoid the need for taking taxis which I would consider overpriced somewhat too. [The SL system passes are 24h for 100SEK, 72hours for 260-290k and so on and are good for all the local and commuter subway/train lines and the buses and even at least one of the ferries.]

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 26, 2009 at 2:59 pm
Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
terrible for golds. I stayed there on a rate which included breakfast. No lounge access, nothing. I was told I could get free breakfast coupons ... I told them my rate already included breakfast ... GOT NOTHING Plus a horrible, loud room where it was difficult to sleep. I will definitely not return to this dump. They were 'full' and didn't have any better room available, according to the front desk ... yeah right
Old Aug 22, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Further Update

We're here at the moment.

We're in an ordinary room (but facing the water). There were allegedly no rooms on the executive floor, which I verified (being a trusting soul ) on the web.

We have a twin room though the twin beds are stuck very close to each other. we're married so it doesn't matter but I would think you should be good friends at least before sharing a room here! If there is supposed to be some sort of welcome gift there wasn't unless you count two bottles of sparkling water...

We have access to the Executive Lounge, but have to go down in one lift to the bottom of one building and go up in another. Have not made breakfast yet but the hors d'oeuvres were excellent. (By the way, no-one checked our entitlement to use the lounge - anyone could walk in.) The service was a bit hit and miss. We were in the lounge mid morning and the coffee machine didn't work (out of milk). A person rushing about cleaning up after breakfast saw us but ignored us and had to be specifically asked to get us some milk. She gave the impression that we were imposing on her and interrupting her routine. Also she declined to check people in or out from the lounge even though requested and even though the facilities are there.

All that is minor. What isn't quite so minor is that when we arrived my room rate was increased by SEK100 per night. I pointed out that spouses went free. The checkin clerk knew nothing about that and said that the computer had automatically increased the rate and there was nothing he could do about it. I refused to initial the revised room rate (indeed crossed it out and substituted the one I had a confirmation for). The duty manager said he didn't know anything about this and would get back to me (yesterday during the day). No-one did. There will be fireworks when I check out tomorrow if they keep trying! It may not be much money but it's the principle of the thing and the casual way they tried to fob me off; and the fact that I saw the expression across the checkin clerk's face for a split second when he saw we were a same sex couple...I feel irrationally angry about this.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Just to finish this off, as I did suspect something, it's only fair to say that I approached checkout spoiling for a fight only to discover that the bill reverted to the agreed room rate. So my only complaint is that no-one called me back to resolve the query, as I asked; and the general attitude of some of the staff.

The breakfasts were good but not outstanding.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Hi everyone - staying here for the first time next week and have enjoyed the reports above. If anyone has any updates, I'd be appreciative. Happy holidays.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Just finished a 4 night award stay. Upgraded to exec floor (3rd), given lounge access on the 4th floor. Perfect stay, in all aspects - great staff, lounge open to 11 p.m., room with a great view from Slussen of the Gamelstan, hotel near the metro. Highly recommended.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, BAEC Gold
anyone booked two rooms here?

Hi there - planning on booking two rooms here in May, and I wondered what the chances are of both being upgraded (am Diamond). Doesn't seem that likely reading the posts here.....but most Hiltons tend to let all guests under the one booking use the lounge. Anyone any experience of this in Stockholm?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:01 pm

What would you do Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel?

I am going to be staying at the Hilton Slussen in Stockholm in June on an award stay. I am a gold and it is already showing a free eStandby request upgrade from the Twin Deluxe Room to the King Executive Room.

The problem with the King Executive Room is that it shows 1 King Bed. Two beds are a must for myself and my friend. Would you suggest trying the eStandby request to the Junior Suite (it shows it has two twin beds) for around $280.00 for the whole stay?

Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,SPG Plat,Gold Points Plus Silver, Sixt Plat,
I stayed at the junior suite in january, It was 1 bed there. I would contact the hotel and ask.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by I LOVE EWR
I am going to be staying at the Hilton Slussen in Stockholm in June on an award stay. I am a gold and it is already showing a free eStandby request upgrade from the Twin Deluxe Room to the King Executive Room.

The problem with the King Executive Room is that it shows 1 King Bed. Two beds are a must for myself and my friend. Would you suggest trying the eStandby request to the Junior Suite (it shows it has two twin beds) for around $280.00 for the whole stay?

Thank you!
Stayed there this week and was upgraded to a King Exec. Fairly certain they also have twin execs so I would ask them to note that as your preference. HH's service was absolutely spot so I imagine you'll get your request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.