Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:44 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
rje

If Bedford is where you'd like to be. I can definitly recommend the Homewood Suites, Bedford.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kindra178
Just returned from five nights on the Executive Level at the Doubletree Near the Galleria. The rooms were very nice and new. Free breakfast buffet which was not bad, except for the days when the staff forgot to make oatmeal. Although the Farmers Branch location was kind of far out, it didn't take too long to get downtown and very near the Addison, TX restaurants, some of which were excellent. Try Mercy Wine Bar and Clay Pit, as well as a every chain under the sun. A few negatives about the hotel: (1) the hotel bar was pretty depressing; and (2) very poor soundproofing; the first time in my life I called security to tell the neighbors to quiet down (at 2 am); you can clearly hear the next room's plumbing. A few positives: (1) cookies at check in were delicious; (2) very nice, new rooms with great beds, an almost competitor to the Sweet Sleeper or Heavenly Beds. Much cheaper than the Westin Galleria or any of the Market Center or downtown properties, all of which were sold out last week. I recommend this property is budget is an issue and you don't mind driving.
Thanks for the info. Is the clay pit the one with the fire in the middle? I remeber a place close by there where it had a fire in the middle and everybody sat around it.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:51 am

I don't recall a fire in the middle. That doesn't mean there wasn't one. It's an Indian restaurant with a few locations in Dallas and Austin. It's the first Indian restaurant I ever had in a chain like atmosphere.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:36 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Dallas Texas

Which Hilton property in Dallas is the best property to stay? Do they have a flagship hotel there?
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
A lot depends on what you are in town to do. The properties are spread out quite a bit.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Which Hilton to stay in Dallas?

I will be going to Dallas for a weekend next month. Any recommendations for which Hilton or Hilton family hotels in the area? Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I just recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, which opened just about a year ago, so everything in this renovated property is new and clean.

Using the American Automobile Association (AAA) rate, I paid US$74.55 per night, including all taxes and fees!

Additionally, as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I received a breakfast coupon, a coupon for two free bottles of water, and a US$5.00 Pantry Coupon!

Another additional benefit to this property is that it is located within 3 miles of downtown Dallas, and this property provides complimentary transportation to anywhere within 5 miles of the property. This includes restaurants, the Dallas Convention Center, the American Airlines arena where the Dallas Mavericks play professional basketball, as well as numerous other places.

Of course, as with most Hilton Garden Inn properties, each room is equipped with a refrigerator and microwave oven, as well as free high-speed Internet access.

To me, this is by far the best value on a Hilton property anywhere in Dallas — and that rate, booked at www.hilton.com earns Hilton HHonors points. I highly recommend this property.

Whatever you decide, wilp888, have a great time in Dallas!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to give it a try.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Additionally, as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I received a breakfast coupon, a coupon for two free bottles of water, and a US$5.00 Pantry Coupon!
Canarsie,

As I too am planning a visit to Dallas next summer, I'm curious if they provided you with an upgrade to the Executive floors that this HGI offers. The top two floors have executive rooms at this hotel.

I know that HGI's aren't required to provide such an upgrade, but again I'm curious if they did.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by AlanB
Canarsie,

As I too am planning a visit to Dallas next summer, I'm curious if they provided you with an upgrade to the Executive floors that this HGI offers. The top two floors have executive rooms at this hotel.

I know that HGI's aren't required to provide such an upgrade, but again I'm curious if they did.
Yes, they did provide me with an upgrade without me even requesting it, but the top two floors of this property are not really considered “Executive” floors.

The room is basically an elongated standard room with enough extra room for a couch with throw pillows. The width of the room is the same as a standard room. While it had a nice view of downtown Dallas, the upgraded room was nothing exciting, but the gesture of being upgraded was appreciated regardless.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:24 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Yes, they did provide me with an upgrade without me even requesting it, but the top two floors of this property are not really considered “Executive” floors.

The room is basically an elongated standard room with enough extra room for a couch with throw pillows. The width of the room is the same as a standard room. While it had a nice view of downtown Dallas, the upgraded room was nothing exciting, but the gesture of being upgraded was appreciated regardless.
Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 2, 2005, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by AlanB
Thanks for the info!
I'm *very* happy with the Hilton Suites @ The Galleria. (Just don't forget
the parking lot 'exit' code.)

-doug
Old Apr 2, 2005, 4:53 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by dranz
I'm *very* happy with the Hilton Suites @ The Galleria. (Just don't forget
the parking lot 'exit' code.)

-doug
Thanks, but unless it's near the DART light rail trains or the TRE trains it won't help me. I won't have a car with me when I visit Dallas.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:40 pm

Me too

I would be interested in knowing any/all Dallas Hiltons on lightrail lines
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:53 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by flyerer
I would be interested in knowing any/all Dallas Hiltons on lightrail lines
Although a friend of mine and I are still researching this, so far it appears that the only Hilton family hotel on the light rail lines is the West End Hampton Inn.

You may however find this list from our fest page helpful. It lists all hotels, not just Hiltons, that so far we've been able to identify as being near the light rail lines. Additionally it lists several hotels, including a few in the Hilton family that will provide a free shuttle to the nearest TRE train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.