Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center {US-MA}

Hello All,

I tried to do searches for this property and got no results.

Has anyone stay here at the Boston CrossTown Cneter(hampton inn & suites)? Location? As I have not been to Boston in 5 years.

I am planning to take the kids and grandkids this summer to Boston. I looked at the Embassy Suites, but no cocktails per Mass. Law. I am looking this Hampton Inn for (3) three rooms. I am trying to a rate for suites, but non available on the website. Should I call the hotel directly. I am Gold and I could get one suite, that would be great as an upgrade. I stayed in a suite at the Hampton Inn North Tampa. This was a great suite for a Hamptonn Inn, it has two queen beds, living room with pull out sofa and full kitchen.

Thanks again for all thoughts.

SCA
Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
This hotel is really in the middle of nowhere as far as Boston tourism is concerned. Historically, the neighborhood has been, well let's just say rather rough, but perhaps the South End reclamation has extended down here, but I think this hotel is good only if you are visiting someone at the Boston Medical center. You should have easy access to the Orange line here, but walking around at night, i doubt you will find what you are looking for. And to bill themslves as close to Longwood medical center is a joke.

I usually recommend the Cambridge Monsignor O'Brien Hampton for people who want to keep prices down, free parking, easy T access, walkability, and usually good AAA rates, but no pool. Hilton back bay is the recommended choice for visitors who just want to walk out the door and see some of Boston but can be pricey especially with three rooms, and I doubt you will get a suite.

Doubletree Guest suites Soldier's field road location is not much better, little to walk to there and $20 per car per night, but you get a suite. The Doubletree by the theatre district gets very mixed reviews. Make sure you check the Logan Hilton. Sometimes their rates are the best. They have an executive lounge and breakfast for Golds, but you have to pay to park and getting to the T can take a while, but it can be convenient.

Also there is a Hampton at Logan. Again zero to walk to. I did a random dates search July 9-12 and the rate came back at $129 for two queens and $179 for a king suite, much lower than the other Hilton hotels for the same dates.

Last edited by OB one; Jan 17, 2005 at 9:46 am
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Gld, MR Plt, PC Plt, AA Plt, CO Gld, Amtrk S+
Originally Posted by OB one
I usually recommend the Cambridge Monsignor O'Brien Hampton for people who want to keep prices down, free parking, easy T access, walkability, and usually good AAA rates, but no pool.
Strongly suggest against staying at the Monsignor O'Brien Boston/Cambridge Hampton Inn. Granted, the prices are lower, but that is really the only advantage.

The T line near it is one of the worst in the city as far as reliability and speed (plus it's not underground at that stop so you have to wait in the cold). There is nothing great to see, do, or eat within a reasonable walking distance of the hotel. I also found the service to be pretty poor, room and hotel conditions sub-par, and woke up one night to a couple kids trying to open up the vending machine outside my door with a crowbar. After one week there, I switched to a different hotel for the remainder of my project.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
1. Hampton in Cross town ain't in a very accesable place unless you like taking the bus.

2. South End redevelopment really hasn't quite made it this far.

3. The "Suites" are studio suites. Which is think means "Suite" is being used rather odly.

4. I like the Doubletree Hotel Boston - Downtown. Right next to the subway(Orange line), 1 block from theatres and downtown area. They have true "Suites" the rate for the "True" Suite is "DOUBLETREE GUEST SUITE" It runs about $40 more than a regular room. All the rooms are Fueng Shue inspired and very modern, technically the hotel is in chinatown. Chinatown and The Theater area abut each other. The Hotel uses the YMCA for their gym so you can use the gym, olympic pool etc.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hampton Boston Crosstown Center Any reviews?

Sorry since search is down, I need info on this location. My Aunt who is in her 70's and lively wants to see Boston. 2 days to hit the sites, is the location close to the Freedom Trail and general comments on the hotel appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.