Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just wanted to post a quick update. I checked into the Hilton Waterfalls two days ago. I booked our 5 night stay using 20k points I bought during the 100% match promo. We are gold elites, and also noted during reservation it was going to be my birthday while there.

Upon check-in we were informed we had been upgraded to deluxe room with a view. Not sure if it was due to status or birthday, but glad either way. We were informed our stay included breakfast, and asked if we would like to upgrade to all inclusive.

Two options.
1. Soft All Inclusive- $15 USD pp pn - includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as non alcoholic drinks.
2. Hard All Inclusive - $25 USD pp pn - same as soft AI plus local gin, vodka, whisky, rum and beer. Also 1 glass wine during meal..

Ultimately we ended up with the hard AI for a couple of reasons. Not much for eating near hotel. We could have made it work, but having to walk 20-30 minutes everyday for lunch or dinner did not sound great. And for an extra $10 we figured the alcohol was worth the money.

I'll try and post some updates pics and a review in a bit. I will say 1st impression is this place is past its prime and in need of a makeover. Not sure if the overall state of property, food and amenities is due to age of hotel, decline in tourism or lack of meaningful management. My guess is the 1st two, as I have found the staff from top to bottom have been quite professional, friendly and eager to please. Even if some of the policies or rules are a bit strange.

more to come
Within a 10 minute walk there is the IL Mercato area (Fares seafood, Grill House...other places and then also..mcdonalds) and then there is the Dahab mall in the same same general direction but a further 5 minute walk. Also here is the Pork Shop which also has a bakery & cafe. This is only 20egp in a taxi if you don't fancy the walk.
GAD is a couple more minutes walk from that mall (though IL Masrien is better).

Old Sharm has the likes of IL Masrien, although that is 40-50egp (depending upon your negotiating skills) in a taxi really (although it is supposed to be 9egp to start off and 4egp per km on the meter).

Granted, the swankier restaurants are quite a lot further away. The Thai restaurant at the Hyatt has excellent food at European prices.

Hilton Waterfalls is a decent hotel for 5k but when it goes up to 10k it will be far less interesting and Looking over priced Imho. Now for June they are trying to get 34k per night....ha ha ha ha ! You'd have to be nuts !
Sharks bay Hilton in the newer wing is FAR nicer but 17k per night.

I agree that the staff are really nice people.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; May 15, 2019 at 1:48 am
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

Next month we are going to SSH. Our idea is to stay at the Hilton Sharks Bay.

I have seen that the rate(room only if I understand correctly) is different when booking for 1 guest or 2. The “spouse stays free” does not apply?

Thanks,
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

Next month we are going to SSH. Our idea is to stay at the Hilton Sharks Bay.

I have seen that the rate(room only if I understand correctly) is different when booking for 1 guest or 2. The “spouse stays free” does not apply?

Thanks,
I've come across this quirk a few times at other Hilton hotels (never stayed at the one you mention). I take it as quirk of the creraky IT sysrem, and handle it by booking as a single but turning up and registering as a two-some. Never been a problem.
more4less and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Can't believe Sharks Bay is after 26,000 points for a $60 night now. I have a $400 room on NYE in London for 40,000 !
Such a shame Waterfalls closed. Need a better points value hotel in Sharm again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.