Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Suggestion for Hilton: Add Car Charging station info to each hotel's webpage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:48 am
Original Poster

It would be nice if Hilton were to add this to the page of each hotel to show if they have electric car chargers.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:06 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
While not a direct response to your idea, easy access to the charger is not a given. Was staying at an Embassy Suites in the Atlanta suburbs right before lock down which has two 220v. chargers outside of the building. My company has their HQ about 300 yards away in a massive office park and I mentioned the chargers to our CFO who drives an EV. He indicated he uses the connection about once a week, and just walks to the office. Even though the chargers are 4 feet from the ES, there is no signage indicating it is intended for guests.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Fine1
It would be nice if Hilton were to add this to the page of each hotel to show if they have electric car chargers.
Maybe somewhere in the future this feature would be relevant enough to warrant what you're asking but as of right now next to no hotels have this and (IMHO) I don't see a huge demand for it. Anecdotally, I've stayed twice at the Hampton Inn in Absecon New Jersey which has Tesla branded charging stations in their parking lot. Last March when I was there as I asked the AGM if he had ever seen them being used. He has been at the hotel since it opened maybe three years ago and he had never seen or heard of anyone using them. He said the franchise owner got a state tax incentive to install them and they're just sitting there rusting.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I would put a hot tub tracker ahead of car chargers .
Old May 17, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Maybe somewhere in the future this feature would be relevant enough to warrant what you're asking but as of right now next to no hotels have this and (IMHO) I don't see a huge demand for it. Anecdotally, I've stayed twice at the Hampton Inn in Absecon New Jersey which has Tesla branded charging stations in their parking lot. Last March when I was there as I asked the AGM if he had ever seen them being used. He has been at the hotel since it opened maybe three years ago and he had never seen or heard of anyone using them. He said the franchise owner got a state tax incentive to install them and they're just sitting there rusting.
if it were a tesla branded (probably destination charging) then it would show up in tesla app if anyone is bothered or pick hotels based on charging availability.

im plannjng a trip to scotland and will have to rely on this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.