Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many current Elites started off with the FT "2000 miles per Q" points deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many current Elites started off with the FT "2000 miles per Q" points deal?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Yep, it was the profile-update promo that got me really going with Hilton. Strange how something that trivial started such a chain of events involving so many.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ozstamps
... My question is - how many of you reading this forum who are now "earned" Gold and Diamonds but started thinking Hilton directly as a result of this promo?
Here. Now an earned Diamond.

And later changed all, or a lot of your Hotel business to that brand? Myself and partners have spent a lot of money with Hilton due to this promo in the past 5 years, and had never really previously spent a buck at Hiltons.

The moon must be full somewhere since Ozstamps and I have the same experience.

And, lest we forget, the "Hot UA Nights" promotion where you got a point per mile flown on UA didn't hurt at all either.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 5:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
In the category of untargetted (untargeted?) bonuses last year, I suppose the online booking bonus of 500 points per reservation might apply. It wasn't much, though. And if you didn't have the appropriate credit card or couldn't book at hilton.com you were out of luck.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
What got me to change was a promo they ran several years ago where they had a specific amount of time to achieve a certain number of stays. For the first stay, I got 10,000 pts, 2nd 20,000, 3rd 30,000, 4th 35,000 and 5th 40,000. It was something along those lines (probably not the exact number of points, but was substantial). I had started to use them more and more and then that hit, I was surprised. I did it, no problem and exchanged the points using the now eliminated SkyMall program, for a Callaway VFT Driver.

Does anyone else miss the SkyMall points exchange or was it just me??
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep, I used to change my phone numbers around between my home, ofiice and cell to get the profile update points. But, the real kicker was the 50K points.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
Not precisely on topic, but this Diamond switched to Hilton during the ACAQ "instant gold" promo and I've never looked back, Although there were a lot of posts about diluting the value of Gold and so on -- it really did get Hilton a lot of business in my case.
I switched during CTNU (?) and haven't looked back either. While I'm Gold, not Diamond, I earn it the hard way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.