Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Dirty room service trays left in hallways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirty room service trays left in hallways

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Reno Hilton specifically refuses to do the under-the-door-folio thing. With one's check-in package comes a form to put in the Express Check Out box along with the key - folios are mailed upon [such] request only.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Does anybody else laugh when they see a single glass or coffee mug sitting in the hallway? I just imagine the occupant saying "This glass is just taking up too much room - I cannot have it in here!"
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Dirty trays in the hallway are a health hazard. The leftover food attracts insects, rodents and other vermin. I cannot imagine a well-managed hotel that would not send someone on a tray run twice a day minimum.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tvelinsk
Does anybody else laugh when they see a single glass or coffee mug sitting in the hallway? I just imagine the occupant saying "This glass is just taking up too much room - I cannot have it in here!"
Usually when it is a single glass it is left outside the room by housekeeping. They put it outside so that dining will come by and pick it up.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by prncess674
Usually when it is a single glass it is left outside the room by housekeeping. They put it outside so that dining will come by and pick it up.
Yup, that's what happened to me on a recent ES stay in Boston. I brought a glass of wine back to my room from the resturant the first night. When the maid cleaned the next morning, she left it outside in the hall.

Of course either no one saw it or no one came looking for it, since it was still there on the second morning of my stay, 24 hours later. For all I know there are now two glasses still sitting there, since I brought back another glass on my second night, which I'm guessing was put out in the hall next to the first one after I checked out.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I worked at a hotel in high school and this was a problem then as well. The housekeepers don't want to put them away because they are under a time deadline to get rooms cleaned. The room service staff doesn't want to put them away because they could miss out on an order, and let's just face it - the next shift can get them.

I think it is an eyesore for the hotel. As much $$$ as the room service attendants pull down they should stay 15 minutes after their shift it over and walk the proptery to collect them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.