Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford {US-CT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford {US-CT}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford {US-CT}

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton Inn in Stamford, CT? I'm wondering if the hotel is an easy walk from the train station. I'm also wondering if the area around the hotel has anything within walking distance - either shopping or restaurants. Any details about this place would be appreciated as the search turned up nothing.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:14 am
Suspended

this place must be new, as when I needed to be Stamford a yr ago I had a choice of either the HGI in Norwalk(where I stayed for 1 night) or a DT further up the road.
As to your question why not call the hotel. if you wont have a car ask if they have a shuttle to/from the train. It doesnt look too close to me. the Westin which is just South of the I-95 is walkable to the train and states so.But thats a SPG prop not Hilton. I stayed my other 2 nights at The Westin, had a car and didnt need the use of the train.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 7:19 am

It used to be called the Inn at Mill River, but was rebranded as a HI a few months back. I stayed there many years ago, but had a car, and didn't need to go to the train Station. I would estimate it is maybe a mile or mile and half from the train.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 6/3-6/4

Location: The hotel is located just west of Downtown Stamford about a half mile from the train station and the UBS Buildings. It's in a somewhat disconcerting neighborhood as the area a couple blocks south of it seems a little dodgy as our fine folks over the pond would say. They have a shuttle to downtown and the train station but it only runs weekdays from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM.

Hotel: The hotel feels more like an HGI than a HI. There's an attached restaurant and bar and they host managers receptions in the lobby on weeknights. The lobby itself is spacious and large with a nice sized breakfast area and attention has been paid to details to make it seem business oriented and nice.

Check In: Not the best experience. The agent was dealing with people when I arrived and he somewhat rushed through me to get done with me. No recognition of my status and no upgrade, a little disappointing. Check out was the same.

Room: The room was better than a standard HI room. A large King sized bed, easy chair, fake plants, a decent sized desk in the corner, and best of all, a good sized bathroom. My Gold amenity was crackers, Oreos and bottled water. The shower worked well (though there was some grout work loose in it) and the bed was really comfortable.

Other: I didn't eat much at breakfast the next day, but it was standard fare. Eggs and sausage, cereals, yogurt, pastries etc. I was annoyed there was only one computer in the "business center". The hotel seemed to be trying to a business hotel and one computer isn't enough.

My rate was $84 with the AAA rate and I'd probably stay here again if I had to be in New York and wanted to save money.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10

Hotel: The hotel feels more like an HGI than a HI. There's an attached restaurant and bar and they host managers receptions in the lobby on weeknights. The lobby itself is spacious and large with a nice sized breakfast area and attention has been paid to details to make it seem business oriented and nice.
It is very nice for a Hampton Inn on the inside. The outside leaves a bit to be desired.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Check In: Not the best experience. The agent was dealing with people when I arrived and he somewhat rushed through me to get done with me. No recognition of my status and no upgrade, a little disappointing. Check out was the same.
I actually don't mind a "rushed" check-in and don't require the agent to fawn all over me. AFAIK, there are no real upgrades at this particular location.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by formeraa
I actually don't mind a "rushed" check-in and don't require the agent to fawn all over me. AFAIK, there are no real upgrades at this particular location.
As it's a Hampton Inn & Suites that means there are Suites upgrades as far as I know. And I'm not asking them to fawn over me, but when I take Hilton surveys and they ask me "were you greeted as a return guest?" "Were you greeted as a Hilton Hhonors Gold?" then I do expect them to do so. It doesn't take much to smile, be friendly, mention they have my Hilton Number on file etc. This guy was robotic, didn't make eye contact, and rushed.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:10 pm

Second stay here and I was even more impressed than the first time, this is from 11/29-11/30

Check In: Very efficient and friendly check in with the nice touch of offering to explain things like breakfast and parking to me. There's a display of snacks and Gold and Diamonds are invited to choose two from them.

Room: Without asking I was upgraded to a suite and it was really nice. Very large as you can see from the pictures with lots of little things I like, such as FOUR outlets on the bedside table! My only complaints are that the TV is a little hard to see from the bed and that the toilet needed some coaxing to flush.

Other: No time for breakfast this trip. Parking is in an adjacent parking garage, no tag or anything needed, there were plenty of spaces. Note: the attached restaurant is currently changing owners and is not open.

My rate was $89.10 (AAA) and I'd gladly stay again, this was my best HI experience in a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.