Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn Bonus Hilton Honors Points When Renting a Car: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Bonus Hilton Honors Points When Renting a Car: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:04 pm

Location: Missouri, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
Earn Bonus Hilton HHonors Points When Renting a Car: The Definitive Thread

Somewhere in the Hilton forum, there was a discussion about points and a brief mention of getting extra points for rental cars. I was under the impression that if you have a car rented while staying at the hotel, you will get extra hotel points for your stay. Is this correct?

I was just at the College Station Hilton, but when I told the Front Desk Supervisor that I had a national car rental, she just told me that if it was in my profile, then it would be taken care of. I told her that I thought I was supposed to mention it at check in or check out, so she did write something on my receipt. This stay did just post, but I noticed that nothing was under the section for car rental.

Can anyone clear the confusion for me and tell me how to get those extra points if they do exist?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
See this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001696.html

Also do a search using "car rental" in the Hilton forum and you will get many responses!
Old Oct 28, 2001, 3:05 pm

ziptravel -- You're entitled to 250 bonus HH points. Unfortunately, very few check-in clerks know much about it. They were supposed to fill the "Car:" block on the reservation screen with "NA" (code for National car rental). Apparently, that didn't take place in your case. A quick call to the HHonors customer service should easily rectify the problem, though.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 5:47 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Most Hampton Inn desk personnel don't know about this nor do they verify. They have to scroll down to page 2 where they see the field for CR (Car Rental). Just tell them to put the letters NA in that field. Some Hiltons do verify...Southfield, MI Hilton Inn desk personnel are wise to me. Asked for my National Rental Agreement. I brought one because I knew they would ask. They then checked the date to see it was from a month ago and declined to give me the additional points. Busted!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 10:33 am

Hilton Car Rental Bonus

I need help understanding the Hilton Car Rental Bonus. It is my understanding that if I present the keys to my rental car from a participating car rental partner (i.e. National) to the front desk staff upon check in I will receive an additional 250 bonus points on top of any airline or bonus miles I am earning directly through National??? Is this correct?

That being the case, let's say I rent the car for a week but check into different Hilton Family hotels during the time which I have the rental car. Do I receive 250 points with each check-in or just my initial check-in?

Finally, is there any way to get the points if I forgot to request them during my stay?

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:11 am

Yes.
Yes.
Yes. (Call, fax or e-mail.)
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:16 am
Suspended

The answer is yes to all three questions.
In fact most times they dont ask for the keys just request that National be added to you folio at checkin or checkout ( so you can cheat a little by asking even if you have no rental or if your rental is with a different company)
If not added at time of the stay you can call Honors tell them you had National and they will add the points manually over the phone. Sometimes if the CSR is in a bad mood they might ask you to fax them a copy of the rental agreement.
Mike
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:22 pm

Can someone post a link to this promo's details? This seems like a great bonus opportunity!

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:42 pm

There is no "promo." This is a standard feature of the HHonors program, and is detailed in the HHonors t&c's.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:04 pm

I must be blind - I've checked out the t&c page and still can't find anything... either way... is this offer good for National only or are other rental companies included?
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:08 pm

The car rental bonus is available at ALL Hilton Family properties and not just Hilton, right (i.e. Hampton Inn, Garden Inn, etc.)??? Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Every now and then, I'll remember to ask them to put National in the Bonus Car Rental field. Hard to get fired up about 250 points when they stay is earning you 5,000 to 20,000 in bonuses.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mileage Maniac:
I must be blind - I've checked out the t&c page and still can't find anything... </font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/terms.jhtml#Partner
Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Derf:
The car rental bonus is available at ALL Hilton Family properties and not just Hilton, right (i.e. Hampton Inn, Garden Inn, etc.)??? Thanks.</font>
It's available at all properties participating in the HHonors program.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the link!

The National bonus makes perfectly good sense now.

The Avis bonus looks like it's only 500 miles per rental, not stay. Too bad it's not good at the hotel desk - that would be awesome for a 5 night, multi-hotel, road trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.