Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrow Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel {US-CA}

Just wanted to give a heads up on a new property that looks to be coming on line soon. I've been watching them build a new Hilton on my commute to and from work, and it looks like they are close to opening - the exterior is done, the Hilton sign is up, and the landscaping is in. Anyhow, this would be a good alternative to the Hilton Pasadena, HGI Acradia and Montebello, and Doubletree Rosemead. I think MIKESILV might like it the next time he comes for the ponies at Santa Anita.

It's an interesting property - it anchors a new retail complex with shops and restaurants at the corner of Valley and Del Mar, just north of the 10. Early drawings I saw indicate it was supposed to be a Four Points by Sheraton; not sure why Hilton stepped in or branded it under their mainline. It looks to be about 5-6 stories high.

The neighborhood is largely Asian - mostly Chinese and Vietnamese, as are nearby Alhambra and Monterey Park. There are many food options in the blocks surrounding the property.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Here's a link to the property's website... not sure why it's not on hilton.com

http://www.wcghotels.com/hotelDetail.cfm?LocationID=37
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

This property is now open. They soft opened on 12/4 and the grand opening is 12/21. If you are looking for a last-minute property for the Rose Parade or Rose Bowl, it would be about a 15-20 min drive on surface streets from this property to Pasadena. The property has been loaded into hilton.com
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:41 pm

Yes area is like being in China or Taiwan.

Any good place for Hawaiian food and LauLau?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inlandrev
Any good place for Hawaiian food and LauLau?
As a matter of fact, yes, quite a few in Monterey Park and Alhambra...

http://alohaworld.com/platelunch/
Old Dec 16, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Hilton Hotels Announces Opening of Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel in San Gabriel, CA

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041215/155984_1.html

Press Release Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation

Hilton Hotels Corporation Announces Opening of Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel in San Gabriel, California
Wednesday December 15, 9:45 pm ET
New 222-Room Hotel Will Cater to the International Traveler

SAN GABRIEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 15, 2004--Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT - News) today announced the opening of the 222-room Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel in San Gabriel, California. The newly-built $75 million hotel, which opened its doors on December 3, 2004, is located in the heart of the largest Chinese-American community in Southern California, near the historic San Gabriel Mission, and minutes from both downtown Los Angeles and trendy Pasadena.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel is owned by Lancer Investments, a San Gabriel-based real estate company, managed by Santa Monica-based Windsor Capital Group, Inc., and operated under a franchise license agreement with Beverly Hills-based Hilton Hotels Corporation.

"Located in San Gabriel's thriving business district, this elegant new hotel caters to both business and leisure travelers," said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, brand management, Hilton Hotels Corporation. "With a full host of services and amenities on-site, we are well-positioned to meet the needs of this diverse and vibrant community."

Designed to accommodate the international leisure and business traveler, the hotel combines the comfort of California's healthy lifestyle together with world-class sophistication in cuisine, service and decor.

The new full-service hotel boasts some of the largest meeting and banquet space in Southern California with 30,025 square feet of meeting and banquet space accommodating functions of up to 1,500 people. The hotel's 12,524 square-foot San Gabriel Ballroom makes a grand statement for business or social functions. The beautifully landscaped rooftop Garden Terrace with spectacular views of the San Gabriel Mountains adds 7,900 square feet of function space for daytime or evening receptions, weddings, and dinners. The hotel also has eight smaller meeting rooms named after prominent California missions, three of which are divisible. A multi-lingual conference service staff and audio/visual team is ready to customize an array of different themed functions from intimate board meetings to large wedding celebrations.

Two specially designed kitchens will service the hotel's restaurant, banquet facilities, and room service. The kitchens feature the searing grills, flaming burners and giant woks used in Chinese-style cooking together with the ovens, burners, and other appliances used in Western and Continental cuisine. State-of-the art facilities and an extensive Asian and international kitchen staff will prepare top-quality cuisine from all parts of the world. At 10,000 square feet, the kitchens are among the largest in the industry.

Next to the lobby is "Trinity," an internationally themed restaurant named after a type of grape that was grown in the San Gabriel Valley at the turn of the century. "Trinity" serves Chinese dishes and Western/Continental cuisine, offers full-service dining and a spectacular weekend buffet, and two private dining rooms for intimate parties. "Jason's," a handsomely furnished cocktail lounge, serves a selection of wines and spirits and showcases live piano music on weekends. "Sips Cafe & Chai Bar" is home to a fine selection of teas and coffees.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access, two-line speakerphones with voicemail capabilities, a "Smart Desk" (a comfortably designed business desk with all communications and electrical outlets within easy reach), and cable TV with on-demand video and pay-per-view movies. Complimentary newspapers are delivered each weekday morning to guests. Suites feature luxurious whirlpool tubs. Standard amenities in all guestrooms are coffee makers with complimentary coffee, a refrigerator and refreshment center, an iron and ironing board, and hairdryers. There is a full-service business center, and the hotel sports its own outdoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool, a comprehensive fitness center, and separate women's and men's full-service spas.

Travelers staying at this hotel have the opportunity to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest reward program, allowing guests to earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay at more than 2,500 hotels worldwide. As a special introductory offer, HHonors members receive double HHonors points and airline miles for stays through April 1, 2005.

A myriad of activities are nearby, from shopping at 50 specialty shops next door, to golfing at the Alhambra Golf Course or the Brookside Golf Course, events at the Rose Bowl Stadium and visiting the historic San Gabriel Mission, the Pacific Asia Museum, the Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena, the Huntington Library Art Collections & Botanical Gardens and the Santa Anita Race Track. With downtown Los Angeles only 8 miles to the west, Dodger Stadium, Staples Center, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Music Center, and the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angeles are easily accessible.

GETTING THERE

The Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel is one the Valley's premier full-service hotels located eight miles east of downtown Los Angeles and five miles south of Pasadena. Situated in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley, the hotel is easily accessed from Interstates 10, 710, 5, and 605, and from the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank (22.5 miles), the Ontario International Airport (31 miles), the Long Beach Airport (28 miles) and the Los Angeles International Airport (29 miles). The hotel is located at 225 West Valley Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91776. phone: 626-270-2700; fax: 626-270-2720. For more information or to make reservations, contact Hilton Reservations Worldwide at 1-800-445-8667 or visit www.hilton.com.

Hilton Hotels Corporation is recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises approximately 2,200 hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Club® and Homewood Suites by Hilton®.

Visuals of the hotel are available upon request. Please contact Susan Bejeckian at Susan Bejeckian Public Relations at 626-570-1051 or [email protected].

Hilton Media Relations
Jeanne Datz Rice/Andrew Keown, 310-205-4545
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.hiltonworldwide.com
or
Susan Bejeckian Public Relations /
Holly Barnhill Marketing & Public Relations, Inc.
Susan Bejeckian/Holly Barnhill, 626-570-1051/818-907-5207
[email protected]
[email protected]

Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation
Old Dec 17, 2004, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
See also this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367313
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, anyone stayed here yet?

sorry, the search function is still down. Any report will be much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:51 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
A selfish bump....I am looking for info on this property as well. Motion122, did you end staying at the property after your post?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by mcgahat
A selfish bump....I am looking for info on this property as well. Motion122, did you end staying at the property after your post?
Although I have seen the rate drop(~$129) since its opening I have yet to stay at this property. HGI Montebello can be had for around $80, Doubletree Rosemead ~$99 and HGI Arcadia ~$99. So they still get my business. In addition, the parking is free. Hilton San Gabriel charges $7 per night.

I thing I noticed around this property the few times I drove by on weekends is traffic. It can be a headache getting in and out of the parking lot. And noise around the property could be an issue because of it, I would try to get a room on the high floor and away from the street.

There is something good about this property. If you like Chinese food, you are right in the middle of everything, walking distance to a variety of Chinese food restaruants and markets.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Motion122
Although I have seen the rate drop(~$129) since its opening I have yet to stay at this property. HGI Montebello can be had for around $80, Doubletree Rosemead ~$99 and HGI Arcadia ~$99. So they still get my business. In addition, the parking is free. Hilton San Gabriel charges $7 per night.

I thing I noticed around this property the few times I drove by on weekends is traffic. It can be a headache getting in and out of the parking lot. And noise around the property could be an issue because of it, I would try to get a room on the high floor and away from the street.

There is something good about this property. If you like Chinese food, you are right in the middle of everything, walking distance to a variety of Chinese food restaruants and markets.
Thanks for the info, especially about parking and traffic. I didnt even notice the parking charge at first. Chinese restaurant thing is a plus but dont know if it would be enough to drive my biz there. We will probably take a look at the HGI's you mentioned. Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Am staying here tonight as part 1 of a car based mattress run. Here's a review (and only four years late!).

The Hilton San Gabriel feels like a typical hotel in mainland China; lots of brass and marble everywhere. Most of the hotel common areas are ballrooms with a small bar/cafe area near the front of the hotel. It is part of a minimall with an HSBC branch so you're never far from your money. Check in was businesslike and professional and there were gratis copies of the Financial Times; a welcome change from the usual "Mc News" (USA Today) that American hotels seem to generally have. Garage parking is US$5.00 for guests which is worth it, because it keeps your car cool during the daylight hours. "High speed" internet is free in the rooms connecting with a Cat 5 cable. It's actually pretty pokey so no download or uploads from the office!

The room is a good size with a king bed and the usual Hilton amenity on the nightstand; the infamous LCD Hilton vertical clock radio. On the bed was a set of slippers and on the desk was two bottles of water (free) and two cookies, one chocky chip and the other white chunk macadamia nut (I think). Nice touches! The furniture looks newish (which is good) and there's an empty microfridge underneath the TV set cabinet. There are lots of grocery stores on Valley so you can fill the fridge with brekkie and beverages. No flat screen here though, the TV looks like a Costco special from a few years back, before they became the king of flat screen TVs. The bathroom has a standup shower with a railing which leads me to assume that I've got an accessible room. Cleanliness level is good. It's a nice solid inoffensive hotel that's worthy of a mattress run or a quick overnighter to rest. I'm here on a weeknight and I've seen a lot of group tour types checking in as well as a lot of younger guests looking for a night of privacy or partying.

The location is pretty easy off the 10. Exit Del Mar, head north, turn left on Valley Blvd, hotel is on your right. Valley is the main drag for most of the cities in the San Gabriel Valley; it's a major street with lots of shopping and restaurants. Keep in mind at night Valley Blvd is fertile hunting grounds for revenue enforcing smokey bears. In other words, lots o' cops out. Mind your speed and use your turn signals...

I'm staying here because of the Hilton Visa Signature and the current bonus miles promotion. Room rate was $111.75 + $11.18 room tax (only 10%!) and the $5 parking fee. It ain't the Hilton Kuala Lumpur (where the rate is similar) but it's still nice.

Last edited by abraxis; Jul 31, 2009 at 2:43 am
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has any other recent reports on this hotel. Trip advisor is very mixed. Last time I was in the area I stayed at the Doubletree Rosemead, which was ok, but the Hilton is in such a great location (My partner and I will spend lots of time at the various Chinese restaurants in the area).
I decided to spend the extra 40 bucks a night for this hotel over the Doubletree. I hope I don't regret the decision!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Anyone got a review of the Los Angeles Checker Hilton down town? I'm checking in for the week tomorrow afternoon and it got good reviews elsewhere.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:11 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has any other recent reports on this hotel. Trip advisor is very mixed. Last time I was in the area I stayed at the Doubletree Rosemead, which was ok, but the Hilton is in such a great location (My partner and I will spend lots of time at the various Chinese restaurants in the area).
I decided to spend the extra 40 bucks a night for this hotel over the Doubletree. I hope I don't regret the decision!
I stayed there in July 08. It was a pleasant suprise and it almost felt like a boutique hotel (which they were claiming to be on their web site.)

All front staff were friendly and courteous everytime I walked in and out, they acknowledged my status at check in and had me upgraded to a suite prior to check in. Rooms were nice and the bathroom had a jacquizi ty bath. Appreciated the fridge where I kept the Tsingtaos I got from the Chineese grocery store across the street

The only negative thing was that the breakfast coupons they give you are for the Continental breakfast but they also have all the full English fixings. I made a mistake and took some bacon and they ended up charging me something like $5 for the bacon.

As was said before, it definitely feels like you left LA and ended up in China.

Well worth staying there, but mind the bacon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.