Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {PER}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2001, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Arrow El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {PER}

Anyone stay at this hotel? What was your general impression?

How far are they from the airport?

Do they give amenities to HHonors Gold members?

Old Feb 6, 2001, 6:50 pm

I'm intrested also. Anyone? Is it in the city centre, is it good for liesure travel?
Old Feb 6, 2001, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
I was booked for a room there last August, but had to change my plans at the last minute, so I can't rate the hotel itself.

It's in the Miraflores area, which is nice, if not exactly in the city center... (or particularly near the airport -- maybe a
20-30 minute taxi ride?)

I did see a good writeup about it in a travel book somewhere, though. (don't remember which one)

I also was able to get a pretty decent rate from the doubletree website. Too bad I had to cancel it :-(

Hopefully somebody who's actually stayed there can make my post useless?

Dan

[This message has been edited by danM (edited 02-06-2001).]
Old Feb 6, 2001, 8:34 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
My brother and his wife just stayed there over the Christmas holidays. I've emailed them and I'll write back tonight or tomorrow as to their answers. I know for a fact they got the hhonors points. I'm getting them "into the game". I'll post soon when I get some answers for you.. T Q

Originally posted by dguruswamy:

Old Feb 6, 2001, 10:39 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
I just got the word from my brother:
It's in the Miraflores area (much nicer than citycentre area). He says it's about 45 min cabride from airport give or take (depending on traffic). Their general impression was "Very Nice". Spacious and nice lobby and friendly help. The area is quite nice for leisure travel. They have a gym and pool and it's 15 floors. They have a restaurant and bar on site with windows to street for people watching. The restaurant also has outdoor seating. Their room had a large jacuzzi tub. He said you can walk from the hotel to many shops and the ocean is less than a mile from hotel. They're new hhonors members so they don't know what the gold status brings at this hotel. The hotel has an email address through the hilton website (El Pardo Doubletree is name). They write good English according to my brother.

Hope this answers your questions.. Have Fun..TQ

Originally posted by dguruswamy:

Old Feb 6, 2001, 11:26 pm

I'm TQ's brother. Here are two qualifiers:

1. I only stayed at El Pardo Doubletree in Lima one night.

2. When refering to how "nice" a hotel is, I'm quite happy in a tent as well as a luxury hotel, so, in other words, it doesn't take much to make me happy. YMMV.

We (my wife and I) stayed at El Pardo for our anniversary. We had what they called a "honeymoon suite" which was an "L" shaped room with a nice front room area at the entrance, with nice leather sofa and chairs, and iron-framed coffee table with a glass top. The bed was on the other leg of the "L" with the usual amenities (cable TV, mini bar, etc.) but the room was also furnished with nice art on the walls, a desk with fax machine, and a nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub. There is, however, some street noise that isn't stopped by the windows. This is quite common in Peru, where the favorite pastime is horn honking, and every car is equipped with an obnoxious car alarm. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

We found the staff to be friendly and helpful (like so many places in Lima, where they still know what "service" means). If you have questions regarding the hhonors program just send them an e-mail. Sorry, I don't have the address offhand but I'm sure it's on their website, which seems to be offline at the moment:
http://www.elpardodoubletree.com.pe

Buena Suerte!

Simplygib

Originally posted by T Q:
I just got the word from my brother:
It's in the Miraflores area (much nicer than citycentre area). He says it's about 45 min cabride from airport give or take (depending on traffic). Their general impression was "Very Nice". Spacious and nice lobby and friendly help. The area is quite nice for leisure travel. They have a gym and pool and it's 15 floors. They have a restaurant and bar on site with windows to street for people watching. The restaurant also has outdoor seating. Their room had a large jacuzzi tub. He said you can walk from the hotel to many shops and the ocean is less than a mile from hotel. They're new hhonors members so they don't know what the gold status brings at this hotel. The hotel has an email address through the hilton website (El Pardo Doubletree is name). They write good English according to my brother.

Hope this answers your questions.. Have Fun..TQ

Old Feb 7, 2001, 3:04 am
DOC 2 BE

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Thanx for the information, as well as that supplied by TQ. Don't know when I will be going there, but we all appreciate the heads up!

Old Feb 7, 2001, 7:29 am

I stayed at this hotel on my Latin Pass mileage run last June. Nice hotel,nice room, friendly staff. Free internet access & gym. There is a cocktail lounge and dining. The neighborhood was one of the best in Lima. Lots of clubs, stores, etc. The airport transit time varies greatly with traffic, which is a major problem in Lima.

[This message has been edited by Schutzee (edited 02-07-2001).]
Old Feb 7, 2001, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who responded (I didn't expect such a response for such a out of th way hotel)!

I will likely stay there one night (maybe 2) in transit from the states to Arequipa in Southern Peru (its possible to make the trip in one day, but its hell on earth... overnight and the company does NOT pay for business so I'm staying the night!)

Old Feb 1, 2002, 11:50 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Doubletree Lima - any good?

I would like some flyertalkers info on their stays at Doubletree Lima. Is it any good or is it a dump? It is listed as an opportunity class hotel.

Comments appreciated
Old Feb 1, 2002, 8:41 pm

I paid for a night with points about a little over year ago, and I believe it was the DT we stayed at...isn't it the only Hilton property in Lima?
If it is the same hotel, it's a decent hotel by Lima's standards. Nothing spectacular. It is within walking distance to the coastal waterfront, where there are numerous shops and restaurants. It is close to the business district, so the neighborhood seemed fairly safe. But it was a long 30-45 minute cab ride from the airport.
Old Feb 2, 2002, 12:03 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Is it near Miraflores and the famous Love Park?
Old Feb 2, 2002, 5:21 pm
Suspended

for a great hotel in Miraflores stay at the Holiday Inn. the room was big enough for 10 people w/o being crampped. Stayed during the LP run.

a 2 min walk to the main streets.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
Is it near Miraflores and the famous Love Park?</font>
If it is the one in Miraflores, it is a couple blocks from the waterfront. You may have to walk a bit up or down the waterfront to get to the Parque de Amor. It is a nice walk, plenty of nice shops and restaurants.

I didn't stay there, but it looked like a nice place to stay.

[This message has been edited by isogyre (edited 02-04-2002).]
Old Mar 19, 2002, 12:30 pm

Doubletree Lima - any info?

Has anyone stayed at this property? I’m likely to stay there for two weeks in April/May and am trying to get as much info as possible – upgrade, facilities, etc...

If you have a direct contact that would be very handy.

Please feel free to email me directly if relevant.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.