Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, IHG Diamond Ambassador/Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Arrow Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody {US-MA}

Hello,

I got a price match on the HI in Peabody and wanted to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences there. We are only staying for one night, after camping for a few days in Acadia NP.

Thanks...
Old Aug 23, 2004, 2:11 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, BD Blue+
Originally Posted by macs4us
Hello,

I got a price match on the HI in Peabody and wanted to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences there. We are only staying for one night, after camping for a few days in Acadia NP.

Thanks...
I stayed one night there at the end of May.

It's the first and only time I've stayed at a HI, so can't compare it to others, but I would say it was a good experience.

Good sized room (larger than the executive room I had at the Boston Logan Hilton the following nights), and quite quiet despite being next to the lift. Basic cold buffet breakfast in the morning.

Bottom line is I'd be happy to go back and stay there again.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 7:47 pm

Have stayed three times on a mattress run. A quite new property, very consistent with what one will find at any newer Hampton Inn, and I find little variation with this chain, generally. We had a $59 rate each time (in December and January).
Old May 12, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn - Peabody, MA - Manager shares my email address with entire hotel

I can understand the desire to send out a thank-you email after a stay, but shouldn't they at least use BCC?

Or maybe I should start emailing all of their customers and ask them how that big tour bus group affected their stay.

"Say there 'Bob' - I couldn't help but copy down your address from the email sent out to the entire guest list. Did you enjoy breakfast? I had kind of a hard time finding a seat. Which floor were you on? Was it the one with the soccer game going on in the hall, or the one with all the slamming doors. Good times. Call me sometime and we'll down some brew over a game, yo"

Can they give us a new diamond benefit option? HHonors points, fattening snack, or your privacy?

Old May 12, 2009, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I can understand the desire to send out a thank-you email after a stay, but shouldn't they at least use BCC?

Or maybe I should start emailing all of their customers and ask them how that big tour bus group affected their stay.

"Say there 'Bob' - I couldn't help but copy down your address from the email sent out to the entire guest list. Did you enjoy breakfast? I had kind of a hard time finding a seat. Which floor were you on? Was it the one with the soccer game going on in the hall, or the one with all the slamming doors. Good times. Call me sometime and we'll down some brew over a game, yo"

Can they give us a new diamond benefit option? HHonors points, fattening snack, or your privacy?

So the manager wrote to all the guests that day and gave them your email? Why?
Old May 12, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The name and email address of every guest with an email on file was in the "to" field of the email. It's not the biggest deal in the world, and I've had it happen a few times elsewhere (hello Stanford? Are you listening?) But overall, the lack of respect for privacy irks me.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Gold every other chain
Valid gripe. Make sure you let them know the reasons why this is not cool, so it does not happen again to you or the next traveler.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Actually.....

....I think you hit the nail on the head.

This situation has occurred twice in the last couple of months. I was on a list with about 25 other emails and personally, I don't care about my email address, but I can guess that there are plenty of people that do. I emailed the sender and suggested that when he send "mass mailers" that due to the fact that many of the emails are first/last names, it might be a great idea to use the bcc: feature.

Another time I received an email from another entity and sent the same type of FYI email.

The next time I rec'd emails from both parties, guess what? Yep...you guessed it. They used the bcc feature.

So I think you are correct...I really think many folks don't know about the bcc: feature until it is pointed out to them.

I use it all the time to protect the privacy of emails. I don't think half the people opening the email know that they were sent the email via a bcc, but that's okay....even if the don't know it, I'm protecting their privacy.

Dawn
Old May 13, 2009, 4:38 am
In Memoriam

I made this mistake, once.
Old May 13, 2009, 4:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I hope you complained - the GM's new secretary or desk clerk can use a lesson on using e-mail!
Old May 13, 2009, 7:56 am

This reminds me of my days when I utilized my full name in my company email address and this is what I had provided HH. When I was with my mistress @ the Biltmore in Phoenix - I was supposed to be accross town at another hotel. I saw my wife's friend there at the Biltmore with her husband, oh no!
I thought I did a great job not letting them see me. However, I guess we both checked out on the same day, and I did get the mass-email about if I enjoyed the retreat stay. Of course my wife's friend saw my name/email address and called my wife and wanted to know why we didn't tell them we were there too. Lots of back pedelling on my part, and I blasted the GM over his lack of discretion, but I blamed myself more. I learned lots from that experience!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.