Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Diamond Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2004, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
New Diamond Card

I received a new Diamond package the other day with a new card dated for April 06, but I already had one with the same date. With 20 stays and 54 nights, I have not requalifed yet, but I expect to soon. Why whould Hilton send me a new card?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 2:02 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by kanerf
I received a new Diamond package the other day with a new card dated for April 06, but I already had one with the same date. With 20 stays and 54 nights, I have not requalifed yet, but I expect to soon. Why whould Hilton send me a new card?
when was the last time you stayed there?
it could have been a friendly suggestion
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, US Airways- Chairmans Preferred
Originally Posted by kanerf
Sometimes when we get gifts, we just should accept them with no questions...

Nonetheless a nice gift from Hilton...
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:30 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
I recently received my new HHonors Gold card and it too was valid through 04/2006.

I figure I am not going to question this nice gift from HHonors.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott PM, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Funny, I lost my card and have tried to request a new one from the website, but it errors out. Not really an issue, but I wouldn't mind my new card in the mail...
Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by fly4work
I recently received my new HHonors Gold card and it too was valid through 04/2006.

Ditto.... but seems I've read about the same thing here before and you still have to requalify regardless of the 2006 date.

RWW
Old Aug 18, 2004, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Thumbs up

I was also pleasantly surprised to see a diamond package in my mail, out of the blue. I slipped down to gold with 40 nites in 2003. Still tracking to gold in 2004, I was plotting how to make life miserable by moving properties every night to get back to diamond. Thankfully, not necessary now with diamond staus till 06.

Moral of story - if the bump is being offered to us reasonably loyal types, ask for similar comp if not offered to you.

T2
Old Aug 18, 2004, 6:51 pm

Maybe you were targetting for the fast track back to Diamond and missed the e-mail letting you know?
Old Aug 19, 2004, 9:24 pm

Programs: HH Gold, DL Silver, AA Gold
As I believe has been posted before, just because the card says 2006 oddly does NOT mean you have status until 2006 - I think it's just until April 2005 unless you re-qualify.

For those who were Diamond last year and dropped to Gold this year: When this happened to me this year, the letter I got with my Gold package had automatically signed me up for a fast-track promotion (something like seven stays between April and end of July).

I hit the seven and sure enough just received my Diamond card in the mail a week or so ago - perhaps this fast-track is a standard "consolation prize" to those who drop from Diamond to Gold

Last edited by br111; Aug 19, 2004 at 9:25 pm Reason: Fix wrong month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.