Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Alarm Clock Radios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Are they still kept blaring with some weirdo station when you enter the room? * I haven't had the Hampton Touch this year, been in other HH brands only.

* Referring to a bizarre HH Gold "perk", along with the ubiquitous Oreo pack and bottle of water.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Secret Revealed!!

So I check into my fav Hampton Inn last night ... not very busy, get upgraded to a Jacuzzi "suite", all is going well. Then ... the moment of truth. It's bedtime, and there's that **** radio/alarm again! I was determined to master the thing or have a coronary trying.

After about 10 minutes of increasing frustration and steadily rising blood pressure, I finally figured it out!

Probably like most of you, I'm used to doing the following: when you set the time on a clock radio, you hold down the "time" button, and then work the "hour" and "minute" buttons until the time is correct. Then you hold down the "alarm" button and work the "hour/min" buttons until it's where you want it. Simple, right?

That's soooo twentieth-century!

On the Hampton dealie, you do it like this (which, btw, is exactly what the directions tell you to do!!):

1. Push down the alarm set button and then let it go! You are now in "alarm set" mode.

2. Push the << and >> things until the alarm is where you want it.

3. Push "enter" and bada-bing bada-boom! You're alarm will beep at you, indicating it's set.

How could we all have been so blind!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BigLar
On the Hampton dealie, you do it like this (which, btw, is exactly what the directions tell you to do!!):

1. Push down the alarm set button and then let it go! You are now in "alarm set" mode.

3. Push "enter" and bada-bing bada-boom! You're alarm will beep at you, indicating it's set.

Great, but has anyone figured out how to wake to music rather than the alarm? I've tried everything, but no luck....only that alarm going off in the morning.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:56 pm

Programs: NWA - Plat...Hilton - Diamond
So I check into my fav Hampton Inn last night ... not very busy, get upgraded to a Jacuzzi "suite", all is going well. Then ... the moment of truth. It's bedtime, and there's that **** radio/alarm again! I was determined to master the thing or have a coronary trying.

After about 10 minutes of increasing frustration and steadily rising blood pressure, I finally figured it out!

Probably like most of you, I'm used to doing the following: when you set the time on a clock radio, you hold down the "time" button, and then work the "hour" and "minute" buttons until the time is correct. Then you hold down the "alarm" button and work the "hour/min" buttons until it's where you want it. Simple, right?

That's soooo twentieth-century!

who's we?
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
IIRC there's no sleep timer on these things -- just like about half of the TVs I've seen in hotels lately. ARGH!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
So any other heavy-sleepers out there?

My only gripe with these clocks is that the alarm is TOO EASY TO TURN OFF!

If you're going to have a snooze button on an alarm clock, pleeeease don't put it right next to the button that can turn off the alarm! I just don't have that much dexterity at 5:00 am
Old Nov 26, 2004, 7:47 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by par8thed
So any other heavy-sleepers out there?

My only gripe with these clocks is that the alarm is TOO EASY TO TURN OFF!

If you're going to have a snooze button on an alarm clock, pleeeease don't put it right next to the button that can turn off the alarm! I just don't have that much dexterity at 5:00 am

That is my only problem with the new clocks, turning it off instead of hitting the snooze. I thought the clocks were not working until I realized what I was doing.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:52 pm

Don't feel like you are the Lone Ranger

I've done about 15 stays so far this year, all of them at either the HI or HI&S in the neighborhood. I noticed that they both seem to have equipped all their rooms with the new Hampton radio/alarm combo. It looks like a small boom box and has the Hampton brand on it.

In all those stays, there was only once that I was able to set the alarm clock! The rest of the time, no matter what I did (and the directions are pretty simple), the alarm time didn't change. I either took what was on there if it was close enough, or left a wake-up call.

Am I that stupid? Is there some trick I'm missing? Has anyone else run into this?
Hilton is getting a LOT of feedback about the new Hampton Inn alarm clocks. It's running about 50/50 regarding those that like them and those that don't. They are part of the "Make It Hampton" initiative whereby all Hampton Inn properties are undergoing somewhat of a change; small change in look, new amenities being offered in rooms, and new hot breakfast items. So far, the "new" Hamptons are getting rave reviews.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HiltonGuy
Hilton is getting a LOT of feedback about the new Hampton Inn alarm clocks. It's running about 50/50 regarding those that like them and those that don't. They are part of the "Make It Hampton" initiative whereby all Hampton Inn properties are undergoing somewhat of a change; small change in look, new amenities being offered in rooms, and new hot breakfast items. So far, the "new" Hamptons are getting rave reviews.
And with good reason - the foom updates are very nice touches. ^

The clock itself is quite nice visually, but since nobody owns one with the same button/menu system it feels very weird to use (needs some new training on the part of the guest) so I'm guessing that's why the feedback is mixed.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MR Platinum
Strangely enough, I posted my opinion of the new alarm clocks to my web site and yesterday morning received a comment from someone who not only disagreed, but made an offensive (and incorrect) comment about my sexual preference!

I guess passions really do run high on these alarm clocks!
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:33 pm

It's bad enough staying in different hotels, it's worse having to always try and figure out how to work the new-fangled gadgets they keep putting in them. Some of us are indeed still in the 20th century mindset (my mini-POD notwithstanding), e.g., when we're tired despite advanced degrees we want it SIMPLE and obvious how to set an alarm clock.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermdjdsj
...we want it SIMPLE and obvious how to set an alarm clock.
Well ... now you know.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up Hampton Inn Clock Radios

I've stayed in a number of Hamptons in the past year. I love the clock radios...bright enough at night, but not too bright to light up the room. The amber background light also doesn't wake me up.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

I've asked GMs at various HIs but none of them have any extras to sell.

As an aside, I'm in a Hiton in Philly tonite & came across a pretty cool clock radio in my room. Diffferent from the radios in the HIs, but from the same mfgr.

I would never, ever steal one. But I'd really like one, heck, I'd even buy two.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 22, 2005 at 6:43 am Reason: This milepost (and the next five mileposts) were merged into this thread unedited.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by Hazmike
As an aside, I'm in a Hiton in Philly tonite & came across a pretty cool clock radio in my room. Diffferent from the radios in the HIs, but from the same mfgr.
Are you referring to the "Hilton Family" Clocks?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439440
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Remember - the Hampton ones do not have mp3 jacks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.