Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Elite Status Expiration: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Elite Status Expiration: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 12:15 am
Original Poster

When Will My Hilton Honors VIP Status Expire?

so, if i got a new Silver VIP card which says expiration in 2003...
does that mean that my Silver VIP status will last until 2003?

i was under the impression that it would expire at the end of the year which i got the complementary upgrade. and i would be back to plain old blue status.
(i got the status upgrade for the amex hhonors card)
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
you sure it doesn't list the exp as xx/2003? In this case, it would expire at the end of the month listed.

GMF
Old Oct 10, 2002, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Status Expiration Date

I got instant gold with AAGU and then did CNTU for the 50,000 points. I received my card last week and the expiration date was 4/2003. Is this correct? I assumed that it would be 2004.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 1:26 pm

My mother made gold through AAGU a couple of month ago and her card says 2004.

tim
Old Oct 13, 2002, 12:17 pm

Expiry date

I plan some stays in Hiltons in April 2003. I am currenty Gold through 4/2003 so I guess it expires on 30th of April?!? Or am I wrong?

Tim
Old Oct 13, 2002, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
That would be my take on it.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Oct 13, 2002, 8:40 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I have a question on the expiry date. I already had Gold card from before w/ a 4/03 expiry date. After I signed up for CNTU, I got another one for 4/03. But, when I signed my parents up at roughly the same time, they got 4/04. Am I missing something here?
Old Oct 13, 2002, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
You were already gold, your parent werent. The computer I believe from other cases were programmed to keep promo gold from being extended, hence you werent extended. Your parents never being gold recieved it for the full amt

Guess you should earn it the hard way.. by staying :-)
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:41 am

Location: Chicago, IL USA AA Platinum, UA, Hilton Blue, Starwood Platinum, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Diamond status for 2004 to expire...help!

I made Diamond in 2002 but reduced my amount of travel in 2003 as I started my own business, and left my previous employer. I was wondering if Hilton would extend my status for 2004 as a courtesy. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:37 am

Prior experience here has seemed to indicate that Hilton is inflexible with the renewal policy for Diamonds, even for people who are really close to getting it.

Since past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results, though, this may or may not be the case again this year.

Mike
Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
If there is a dip in your stays, but a significant increased activity towards the end of the year I can see a case for you. You need to show that you will continue to be a good/repeat customer next year.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 3:48 pm

i only had about 56 nights last yr, but had 6 more on a GLON. i thought i missed it, and even emailed the HH desk to ask. they mentioned that if i were diamond with another hotel chain, they would comp me. but they couldnt give me diamond in any other way.

in the end i still got my diamond. i suspect that a 1 wk stay at the end of jan2003 helped me get it. but thats imho.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:38 pm

elite status ending

I qualified for gold under one of the airlines status last year and will at least be a silver this year because of the number of hotel stays. My wife's gold status will be ending. What's the guesses on her next status with HHonors?
Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
There's no soft landing on Hilton - her status will drop to Blue if she doesn't have enough stays/nights for Silver.

The two of you should ensure that she has some sort of earning activity every 12 months at least - Hilton will take the miles back if a year goes by without earning. This doesn't have to be a stay as long as something happens to increase the points total.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by pdhenry
There's no soft landing on Hilton - her status will drop to Blue if she doesn't have enough stays/nights for Silver.
That's not necessarily the case - HH (at least in the past) routinely extended Gold status for another year for some people who didn't have enough stays/nights for any status whatsoever. There did not seem to be any discernible pattern in such offerings, so it's a YMMV deal. Under any circumstances, end of April (and thus, end of current status year) is near, so sergio and his wife will find out soon enough...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.