Wiki Posts
Search

Ramses Hilton {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2004, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen .BA Gold BMI Gold. Hilton Diamond. *wood Platinum
Arrow Ramses Hilton {EGY}

Making first visit there on July 27 as diamond.

Anyone out there with experience of likely upgrade possibility and any other advice.

Overnighting there as start of a RTW.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A phrase you will hear much in Egypt is "inshallah" (een-SHAH-lah) - "if God wills it". Sometimes, people may not take steps to make something happen - then say it wasn't God's will. Things can be wonderful or considerably less, hit or miss. I'd be sure to put something in my record like "DIAMOND VIP:PLS UPGRADE TO BEST AVBL RM:HOLD FOR LATE ARVL" or the like, to make it easier for the desk clerk(s.)

Feel free to ask, and if you find you get a smokey double on the noisy street side, ask for a change before you unpack. Be aware there is a lot of negotiation in the Middle East, but losing patience or putting someone down is a definite no-no, and will often come back to bite one - especially if we are not of the culture. And sometimes, people will say what you want to hear, not what is... "Yes, we will have power back in five minutes" is perhaps a stament of "we wish it would be back in five minutes."

Enjoy! Inshallah, your trip will be fabulous.

Originally Posted by santa1
Making first visit there on July 27 as diamond.

Anyone out there with experience of likely upgrade possibility and any other advice.

Overnighting there as start of a RTW.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Is the lounge at the Ramses Hilton worth the USD$30 pernight? What do you get in the lounge?
And what exactly is a Renovated Hilton King room?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 15, 2009 at 6:56 pm
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Anyone been there lately?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:17 pm

anybody stayed in Cairo Ramsis Hilton?

how many points can you earn one night as a regular member?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
how many points can you earn one night as a regular member?
Hello apollo_liumin!

If you do some search in this forum you will find details of recent stays at the Cairo Ramses Hilton.

As a regular HH member you get 10 points per USD spent(before taxes) and airline miles, if you choose the option(My way) to gain points + miles.
If you choose the option of only points, you get 15 points per USD spent.

You can find full details at the Hilton web.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello apollo_liumin!

If you do some search in this forum you will find details of recent stays at the Cairo Ramses Hilton.

As a regular HH member you get 10 points per USD spent(before taxes) and airline miles, if you choose the option(My way) to gain points + miles.
If you choose the option of only points, you get 15 points per USD spent.

You can find full details at the Hilton web.
Thank you, saviox

If the room was reserved by the agent, so I can not get the points?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Thank you, saviox

If the room was reserved by the agent, so I can not get the points?
If the room was reserved through a Hilton agent, directly with the hotel, or through a classic travel agent, you will get the points.
You only do not get points when you booked through "opaque" 3rd parties like priceline,...
You can also do some search about this issue in this forum(under HH benefits when booked through 3rd parties or similar).
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Ramses Hilton Cairo

My first stay woith a Hilton in 4 years 2 questions and most grateful for opinions as well as info

I stay 6 nights and this is Cairo so occupancy is down...

(1) will this get me any status or closer to status? (i have all sorts of airline Golds but only a silver on Accor -- I have been terrible about choosing a specific chain but intend to turn over a new leaf: and Accor is going steadily downhill -- BUT I do make Gold if I stay at the Sofitel in Cairo -- but it is out of the way....there yougo!)

(2) Does anyone know anything about the Club floor facilities in this property ? Worth the extra expense?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It has been some time since I have stayed with Hilton in Al Qahira / Cairo, but you should find the MVP thread (enclose MVP with quotation marks to make that work) and you can sign up for a short cut to Gold (four stays, iirc). Otherwise:

Hilton HHonors Silver VIP: 4 stays or 10 nights in one calendar year, or

Hilton HHonors VIP Gold: 16 stays, 36 nights or 60,000 Base Points, or

Hilton HHonors VIP Diamond: 28 stays, 60 nights or 100,000 Base Points.

MVP offers a very significant shortcut.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

My preference in Cairo is the Conrad. It is a lovely hotel with an excellent lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by rathin100
(2) Does anyone know anything about the Club floor facilities in this property ? Worth the extra expense?
Executive Lounge at the Ramses Cairo is not the best I have been but still quite nice.

Worth it or not depends in how much is the extra expense, and wether you have the b/fast included in your rate or not.
It you have no b/fast included, and it is aprox 30 USD, I would probably go for it.
Food in Egypt is cheap but now, with still some social unrest, I would be more careful than a few months ago to move around.

I am sure there is one thread about this property in FT. I would have a look to it to get more info.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by saviox
Executive Lounge at the Ramses Cairo is not the best I have been but still quite nice.

Worth it or not depends in how much is the extra expense, and wether you have the b/fast included in your rate or not.
It you have no b/fast included, and it is aprox 30 USD, I would probably go for it.
Food in Egypt is cheap but now, with still some social unrest, I would be more careful than a few months ago to move around.

I am sure there is one thread about this property in FT. I would have a look to it to get more info.
Thanks for yourn thoughtful reply!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You might want to review these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ghlight=ramses
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ighlight=cairo
Old Mar 21, 2011, 5:00 pm

Ramses and Conrad

I stayed at the Ramses last July. The lounge was ok but as a Diamond I got the breakfast at the Windows on the World Restaurant which was better. I also stayed at the Conrad. I only had lounge access here but the breakfast, snacks, lounge and computer access was better (2 computers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.