Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield {US-CA}

Located on the west side of the city, near the Marketplace and Cal State Bakersfield between Ming and the Stockdale Highway, Hilton opens a Homewood Suites on July 1. This now gives Bakersfield visitors choices of 4 Hilton brands: Doubletree, Hilton Garden, Hampton, and now Homewood.

The Homewood doesn't show in Hilton reservations as open until mid-July, but the newspaper article I linked below states a July 1 opening. So for the time being you may need to book direct with the hotel at 661-664-0400.

http://www.homewood-suites.com/en/hw...tyhocn=BKRHWHW

http://www.bakersfield.com/business/...-4813073c.html
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:13 pm

Bakersfield Homewood Suites

I am here now, and have been so for the last week. Great hotel for the working business traveler. Free internet. Free hot breakfast. Free hot dinner, and a great rate with either AAA or corporate code.

Rooms are quiet and fairly soundproof so I can't hear the neighbors...ahem. Unlike the local SPG property in town where I have stayed before.

M8
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Quick update....

I have gone to the Homewood Suites in Bakersfield recently on business. I was a bit concerned because the only thing that was available was a smoking room, but thankfully, they "found" a nonsmoking room for me. It was on the first floor, which is sometimes a concern of mine (hearing what appears to be like a heard of cattle every night), but like the previous poster, nodda! No a peep upstairs and the location couldn't be better.

I have been spoiled by the Homewood Suites in San Diego - Del Mar, but I have to say that the "dinner" is even superior to theirs! They actually have a pretty decent salad bar every night, including beets, egg whites, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, bacon bits, raisins, etc. Also, the food is really good quality. I typically don't eat the dinners anyway because it usually would mean I would be eating my entire calorie allotment for the DAY if I did, but I have been going and having a salad every night. The breakfast looks really good too but I typically don't indulge in the hot items...it would make me sleepy and want to turn around and take a nap. But they do have hard boiled eggs (a REAL plus) and yogurt and about 4 different types of granola bars. No fresh fruit, but peaces and bananas so can't complain. The pastries look really good, which my husband would enjoy and the typical hot items (didn't even look) and the waffles.

The exercise room is nice....with an eliptical and two treadmills, free weights and a temperature control that you can actually lower! The internet is free as the previous poster stated and it works great. Do bring your own ethernet cable though! If you need to print something, just go to the "free" business center and print away!

Staff are relatively friendly, although no one, and I repeat, no one, including management, wears a name tag. I don't know how you would "catch me at my best" if no one wears a name tag!

Water pressure is great and there is everything within a couple of miles of this place from a Kohl's, to a Costco (w/gas), Wal-mart, Sam's, Albertsons, Rite Aid, you name it, they got it!

I would most definitely return to Bakersfield. Really great value for the $$.

Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.