Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hilton Beach Property

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:41 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton on Longboat Key? It looks like it might be nice and is a couple hours closer than Marco Island.

I would definitely stay away from Hilton Clearwater Beach. They couldn't care less about a Diamond guest. The hotel has also seen better days.

Has anyone stayed at the new Hilton in St Augustine?

thanks,
Marc
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:28 pm

Whatever happened to Hampton Inn-Vilano Beach?

We stayed there last year and really liked it but I don't see it showing up on Hilton site now when searching St Augustine area
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Had good stays at Longboat key. Small hotel, right on the beach. Food good, but not many other choices neaby. Beach nice, safe and quiet. Staying again in a couple of weeks.

Had good stays at Clearwater as well. Bigger hotel than Longboat. Coupons for breakfast (as diamond), upgraded rooms, etc. Hotel right on the beach, plus plenty of bars, resturants, shops, etc within easy walking distance. Dolpins play in the surf, and the pier at night provides some entertainment. Beach is cleaned every morning.

Sunset from both places is excellent.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
if you would consider the panhandle, i stayed at the pensacola beach hampton inn. as a gold, i was upgraded to a sea view balcony room. place is real nice. great beach. they have a better than average hampton breakfast. there is also a hilton garden inn right next door.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:20 pm

Concur with Pensacola Beach, it is lovely. BUT Pensacola Beach is still recovering from Hurricane Ivan and many of the businesses on the island are still closed. Check the place out before making any reservations.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by lofly
Concur with Pensacola Beach, it is lovely. BUT Pensacola Beach is still recovering from Hurricane Ivan and many of the businesses on the island are still closed. Check the place out before making any reservations.
Indeed! FloraBama Lounge, down the road and a victim of Ivan, went under the wrecking ball last week and will not return for 6 months. You will have to get your mullet-tossing fix elsewhere.

The point is, it took 6 months just to get the place demolished. Clearly, restoration of the entire area is going to take some time.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 1:12 pm

Now wait just a DARN minute BamaVol! Pensacola Beach is NOT Alabama, we ARE open and doing business!!! ^ ^ ^ But there are some businesses still under repairs, and a few of the hotels are not open for business, but the Hampton Inn is open.

Pensacola Beach as a whole does look like a bomb hit. There are many homes under repair, as well as businesses. Empty lots where there was a house at one time, and homes soon to be demolished. The road to Ft. Pickens is CLOSED; as well as, the road to Navarre Beach.

The core of Pensacola Beach is open and doing well.

BTW, Florabama Lounge was Nationally known for its annual mullet toss and News Year Day swim. Many people from around the country were requesting items from the building as it was being demolished.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:41 am

Florida beach property, need advice

Welcoming all advice, suggestions, comments and warnings...

Looking for a nice Hilton family property on the beach in southern Fl. for a March vacation. Prefer facility with 2 queen beds (2 adults, 2 young teens). Must have decent pool.

Have stayed Hilton Marco Island and are reconsidering it although it only had double beds.

Considering Hilton Longboat Key but have read mixed reivews.

What do you all have to say....
Old Jun 30, 2006, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Longboat Key is a toilet.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:45 am

I stayed at the Doubletree Ocean Pointe on the beach in Sunny Isles (17375 Collins - that's the A1A) last weekend. The pool was rather warm - like bath water. However, the room was nice: as gold, they upgraded me to a King suite - double jacuzzi and full kitchen. There was a pull-out couch in the living room.

Government rate of $93 plus $18 for parking.

And it wasn't their fault it rained most of the weekend.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hfly
Hilton Longboat Key is a toilet.
I really hete it when FTs hold back and never say what they really feel about a property!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:40 am
TNL

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta Amex Plat, Southwest Visa
[QUOTE=vicb]Welcoming all advice, suggestions, comments and warnings...

Looking for a nice Hilton family property on the beach in southern Fl. for a March vacation. Prefer facility with 2 queen beds (2 adults, 2 young teens). Must have decent pool.
QUOTE]

Hi, I know you said that it must have a decent pool, but I really do recommend the HGVC in South Beach, even though it doesn't have a pool. We stayed there earlier this month (June 2006) and we really didn't miss having a pool at all. The property is directly across from the beach, the staff is great, and you are in the middle of everything.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the ES Deerfield Beach Resort last year. Kind of a stretch to call it a resort. Not sure about a room with two queen beds, but all ES have a living area with a pull-out sofa.

The ocean, which is just across their back parking lot, was warm enough to swim in at the beginning of June. Not far from Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Decent pool.

Here is a link:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/e...tyhocn=DEEFLES
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:52 pm

Would Sunset Key, or Hilton Key West work? Seems like it's a world away from where you were initially looking, but both of those properties are quite nice. The Sunset Key is unreal.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Try Hilton Marco Island, FL. Currently staying there now. Propery is reasonable size (250 or so rooms). Diamonds are upgraded to ocean-facing rooms, although no upgrades to 1BR suites.

All rooms are Jr suites. The rooms w/ two beds are full size beds, not queens. That part is bad.

Pool is decent size. Beach is wide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.