Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:00 pm

I wrapped up a stay here about 3 weeks ago. Used impresario to book back to back for $100 each night(one reservation was for $110 or so). $100 F&B credit was something like 14500TRL so it was reallllly hard burning those. Needless to say the most expensive item on the menu is filet minion for 350TRL so each stay we really struggled reaching $100. So for the rest of the nights we dined at the restaurant on the top floor, and even then it was hard eating $100. I was upgraded to a balcony suite overlooking the Bosporus. On the next few days we were alternating between balcony suites with city/water view(had to do checkout/check-in so that we could use a new $100 credit). I did check in from the lounge so unsure if that is what helped but we had an amazing stay and amazing view. Superb service and food, will definitely come back to this hotel(granted if the rates are close to what we have paid).
Attached Images     
hugolover and SPBanker like this.

Last edited by libuser; Jan 26, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you use the same Impresario agent on each stay or maybe book using ASmallWorld?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Did you use the same Impresario agent on each stay or maybe book using ASmallWorld?
nah separate agents. I did not want to raise any red flags. I dont know who smallworld is. I tried to book with lucky initially but he has $100 booking fee so went with other agents. I would never pay an agent a booking fee
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does he really 🤣

ASmallWorld let’s you book online, no need to email any agents, instant confirmation
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:31 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by libuser
I wrapped up a stay here about 3 weeks ago. Used impresario to book back to back for $100 each night(one reservation was for $110 or so). $100 F&B credit was something like 14500TRL so it was reallllly hard burning those. Needless to say the most expensive item on the menu is filet minion for 350TRL so each stay we really struggled reaching $100. So for the rest of the nights we dined at the restaurant on the top floor, and even then it was hard eating $100.
14,500 lira or 1,450 lira?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:16 am

Does he really 🤣

ASmallWorld let’s you book online, no need to email any agents, instant confirmation
Is ASmallworld a subscription service? Do you have a link?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Asmallworld is a repeatedly failing"exclusive" subscription community that has relaunched more times than I can count and has such illustrious owners as Harvey Weinstein in the past.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that makes sense, as I love #MeToo and I am very exclusive.

I just booked via this, https://www.asmallworld.com/collection no need to subscribe ($$$) to anything. I've booked Conny's on the 4 for 3 and the priced showed up correctly, adding my HH during the process and it showed on the HH App right away. It seems to want a 2 night minimum at this hotel though.

For example Con London works as expected

jongesander likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:11 pm

yes a few agents pulled the 2 night minimum crap on me as well. Other agents were happy to book one nighters. The folks that claim 2 nights minimum are crooks. Just find someone else that can book it for you
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by libuser; Jan 27, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had a great stay here 8-9 years ago, which apparently i did not report on at the time. The EL on the roof was epic, which it seems has moved. And we were upgraded to a river view suite that was really nice. The locale was not great for getting around the rest of the city but the views were the offset. We also stayed a few days at the Hilton off Taksim which was also good. My verdict was Taksim was better located but for "staying home" the Conrad gets the nod.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:53 am
jxd

Anyone has recommendations for impressario agents that does 1 night bookings for this hotel? I tried a few including asmallworld and they only do 2 nights minimum.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by jxd
Anyone has recommendations for impressario agents that does 1 night bookings for this hotel? I tried a few including asmallworld and they only do 2 nights minimum.
Just pm’d you
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reading TA it seems Diamond's are not offered breakfast in the restaurant anymore, just the lounge. Pity if true.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Reading TA it seems Diamond's are not offered breakfast in the restaurant anymore, just the lounge. Pity if true.
I was there a week ago and Diamonds can choose between the restaurant or lounge for breakfast. The restaurant was packed (Sunday).

I booked the basic room and was upgraded to a suite.
hugolover and escape4 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobegold
I was there a week ago and Diamonds can choose between the restaurant or lounge for breakfast. The restaurant was packed (Sunday).

I booked the basic room and was upgraded to a suite.
Excellent. Did you get a Bosphorus or Park suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.