Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2003, 9:43 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Thanks, that's helpful (and a slap on my wrist for not searching before posting!)
Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:57 am

I enjoy enjoy a cup of good ol' fashion Boston rudeness early in the morning.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulGQ:
I enjoy enjoy a cup of good ol' fashion Boston rudeness early in the morning.</font>
Hey Paul,

Boston folk are the friendliest in the world, as long as you've known all their cousins since grade school.

OB
Old Mar 28, 2003, 2:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toronto1970:

I have a 3-night stay coming up. Any recommended rooms/floors I should request, or avoid? (preferably a King non-smoking).
</font>
I stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks last summer. You should definitely go for the corner rooms that face towards the Sheraton across the street. I was always upgraded to these rooms and the layout is pretty unique but very nice and functional. There are only two of these rooms per floor. The rooms have big windows that span something like 130 degrees and if you get the ones that face south towards that big church and don't close the blinds, you will wake up to a panoramic sun rise over the roof tops of Boston. Really cool!

The restaurant downstairs have a decent breakfast but should be avoided for everything else...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OB one:
Hey Paul,
Boston folk are the friendliest in the world, as long as you've known all their cousins since grade school.
</font>
No problem with Boston here. I'm in RI and I was serious. I spent a week out west once where the people were very nice but dumber than stumps.

I couldn't wait to get back so I took a sleeper train home through Philly where I came a cross a bus driver on his break. I knocked on his door and he yelled, "CANT YOU SEE I'M ON MY F***ING BREAK!" I laughed and said to myself, "Its nice to be home."

I'll take that over "uhh, I dunno." any day.

Old Jun 20, 2003, 7:35 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Hilton Review Boston

I would like to recommend the Back Bay Hilton, I received a room upgrade (there are several HHonors floors) the rooms are very high standard with mints on the pillows, large spaces, nice decor. Also the breakfast buffet is the absolute best I have had of the US Hiltons. They have a large variety of breakfast items and one main breakfast dish that is changed every day and great opening hours (until 11am).

I also recommend the Boston Airport Hilton, was upgraded to the concierge level. There was a computer with internet access installed in the room and the concierge lounge is open for breakfast and afternoon snacks. Nice variety of foods and business amenities.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond, SAS Silver
Old Jun 21, 2003, 3:28 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
And the BOS Logan Hilton has the most comfortable beds (on the executive floor) of any Hilton I've ever stayed in!

------------------
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I'll second the Back Bay one too.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mspguy:
And the BOS Logan Hilton has the most comfortable beds (on the executive floor) of any Hilton I've ever stayed in!

</font>
Good to hear! I'm there next month and hoping for an upgrade. Presume the lounge is open weekends?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 8:17 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Yes the BOS Logan Hilton lounge is open on the weekends. They also have high speed internet both for laptops and via a web tv like device. Also a tv channel where you can listen to a mixture of Logan ATC frequencies. Also the sauna in the health club has a water bucket where you can throw water on the rocks which some hotels try to discourage even though that is a core part of a sauna experience. As Gold and Diamond I get upgraded to the exec level 99% of the time.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 3:34 pm

Nice to hear the positive feedback regarding
Hilton Back Bay. A while back I won a free night here via internet contest. I called for a night in the Spring and there was no space for me. Called a week ago for a night in Septemeber and they gave me two nights instead of one night. I was concerned that there might be some confusion and had the person go over my information again. The person maade it quite clear that I was receiving another complimentary night, with breakfast included. I checked hilton.com and they seem to have a fair amount of space available judging by the pricing at least for that weekend. I thought the Hilton person I was dealing with was really nice and pleasant and generous to throw in another night. Just made a very good impression on me, that they wanted to go out of their way to treat somone nice. I only live about ten miles away and it is neat to spend the weekend in town with the wife and two kids.

Two nights local is (semi local - hour and half away) is cool, as this weekend spend two weekend nights in Windsor, CT at a RI as a part of the Marriot free weekend promotion and we took in Six Flags and Basketball Hall of Fame. Dear father I have sinned staying and talking about Marriott here.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
We recently stayed at the BOS Hilton and it was really nice. Executive floor upgrade, etc. I liked the telescope in the lounge. I did not see a PC in the room, though. The ES at BOS is more convenient to the subway (you can easily walk) while the Hilton requires you to take their relatively frequent bus. I'd take the Hilton over the ES any day! It was MUCH nicer.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:02 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Back bay Hilton Boston

Can anyone comment on this hotel?
They seem to have good weekend rates in the summer.

Also, is it accessible by subway or other means of public transport from Logan?
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:08 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hello Vaclav, I can't provide feedback on Back Bay, but the search function (in the upper right hand corner of the page) yielded 3 threads specific to Back Bay, w/one title being Ack Bay.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jul 24, 2003, 10:06 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
I wrote a post on this last month:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008081.html

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.