Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2001, 10:11 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
For my stay there in June, I called in advance to make sure that my Gold status is in the reservation system.
When I check in, they put me on the 15th. floor. I can tell I was put in a corner room. For a Boston standard, I must say it's rather spacious. I have a friend who stayed on the 4th. floor at the same time I was there. Her room is the regular small square box. Judging from that, I guess I got an "upgrade".
I was also given BounceBack Full Breakfast Certificates upon check-in. I didn't even have to ask for it.
They do not have a separate check-in for VIP members. They used to have one, if I remember correctly from reading previous posts.
What I like about this hotel is they have no energy surchage...also free 800 calls for the first 60 minutes!! :-)
I'll leave it to the other experts to give you more information about the rooms.
Have a great stay there.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 11:05 am

Thanks for the reply. I hope I get an upgrade too, I did request a high floor in the comments section of the reservation as well as add Gold VIP as the first few words of the blurb, told them I will be checking in late so that they can hold the room, but I forgot to say crnr room, and now you can modify it online, oh well.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 3:57 pm

No hotel recommendations, but definitly check out Dick's Last Resort if you like beer. ;-)
Old Aug 13, 2001, 8:31 am

Boston Back Bay Trip Report

Check-in: August 06, 2001 about 08.00 PM ET
Check-out: August 10, 2001 about 07.00 AM ET
Room Number: 2414

I had called the hotel earlier in the day to say that I will be arriving at about 9 or 10 pm and that I am Gold VIP and I just want to make sure my room will be ready. They said yes, and made a note of my arrival and said I had been upgraded. (I was soon to find out his was not a true upgrade.)
I actually arrived at the hotel early as their was not much traffic after picking up my Hertz rental car at the airport. Check-in went just fine. I asked if this was on the Executive Floor (the website for the hotel states that there are executive rooms with robes and lounge and other upgraded amenities) and he stated that we do not have a Towers or Executive Floor, but it is an upgraded room. Then he proceeded to count out Bounce Back breakfast certificates for me for my stay. He stated that they could be used in the restaurant just around the corner in the hotel. Later when I looked on the certificate it stated that they could be used in the Coffee Shop (which happened to be closed for the duration of my stay) only for eggs any style, bacon or sausage, toast, milk, juice, coffee or tea. Well the next morning I went to the restaurant and asked my waiter if I could use this and she said yes and stated that we have a buffet and she asked me what I would like to drink. You have to be sure to tip/give a gratuity to the waiter or on the table as it is not included. I had the buffet which consisted of oatmeal with all the toppings, cereal, French toast, waffles, eggs, potatoes, cut fruit, pastries, bacon, and sausage. It was all very good, but ultra filling for that early in the morning.

Now onto my room. Well, I was on the only side of the hotel that had corner windows. I faced to front of the hotel which faces inland and to the Christian Science Center. Actually they way it is situated, there are 4 corner rooms in a fan like set-up so we had a mini-balcony and a separate window, but then the two rooms to our left (facing the window) had big floor to ceiling tinted window and nothing else. So what was this upgraded room? I had requested in the notes of my reservation a corner room, which is what I would consider this, as well as a high floor for a good view, but there were no other special amenities. We had all the basics plus a mini-bar, maybe that was the special thing. Nevertheless the service was just fine. The hotel is right across the street from the Sheraton, and there seemed to me to be more action there and more limos/town cars/car service cars. But that place is soooo huge, I did not want to stay there. The Hynes Convention Center( not in use while I was there) was right next door, and the ultra fashionable Newbury Street was very close by as well as Boylston Street. If you want a Hilton and a mid-size hotel not near the downtown business area you should go for this Hilton. Overall it was a on par experience with other Hilton’s I have stayed at, and now I am looking forward to the points and miles to post. Now only if those Hertz miles would post!

Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2001, 9:16 am

Hilton Boston Back Bay

I'll be going to Boston in April for a meeting. I presently have a reservation at the Hilton Back Bay for $169/night. Any comments or tips with respect to this property?

Old Dec 24, 2001, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
I will be spending 3 nights at that hotel from next Saturday over New Year so I will give a full report when I returnto scotland in 1 weeks time
Old Dec 24, 2001, 10:57 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I stayed there over Labor Day. The rooms have been recently refurbished and are nice.

If I recall correctly there is no exec lounge at this property.

I am Gold and on an award stay was given breakfast coupons without having to ask.

The lobby is very small and the lobby lounge is closed.

The staff was nice.

I would stay there again.

TW
Old Jan 3, 2002, 10:18 am

Just bringing this to the top to remind The_Banking_Scot.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 11:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I stayed their last Feb, it's a nice property, and will probably do it again when I go up for the wine tasting.

Old Jan 3, 2002, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Sorry I did not reply yesterday but after flying back form Boston on the overnight VS flight , 3 hour layover in Heathrow for my Bmi flight I was a bit jet lagged.

The Report:

Check in was fast and friendly and had all my details in the system. I was put on the Hhonors floor( I am Silver) (room 1613 overlooking the dome of the Christian Science Centre). I was asked if I wanted a key to the minibar but did not need one.
Room was large (double bed) and well decorated and clean. The a/c did not appear to be working but was set at a constant 72 degrees farenheit.
Bathroom was fine, modern and light had shampoo.conditioner,lotion and mouthwash. TV large with lots of channels.
The side window did open (do not lean out too far!! but as it was freezing outside I left it shut.
while in the room I could here the ( I believe it was the noise of the elevator shaft) but it did not affect me and while in the bathroom you colud here the plumbing and conversation from next door bathroom so Soundproofing could be improved.
The pool/fitness room is on level 7 with an outdoor sundeck(closed for winter) The fityness room is well equiped with weights/treadmills cycling machings rowing machines.etc.
The pool is unusual as it is all shiney metal so it makes a funny noise when you stand on it but it is failry large (15 meters by 6meters?
I got a free paper in the morning (USA on the weekdays/ Boston Globe on Sunday and New Year's Day)

The lounge bar is closed

Boodles does not serve a buffet breakfast-only per the menu- a large OJ,coffee,omellete and a danish was around $25 with tip so I walked across to the Sheraton which had a wonderful breakfast buffet with the chef making ommelettes and waffles to order for $17 (inc $2 tip)

I asked for and got a late checkout of 2pm with no problem ( 12 noon normal c/o)
However video check out finishes at 11 so I had to check out at the front desk. A bit of a queue as the person in front of me had an problem and only 1 person on duty.

Had a quick lunch at Boodles before heading to the airport. The bartender fixed me a coke and clam chowder soup in around 2minutes and was very friendly ( $7)

I asked the Front desk where to get a first night badge and they had one in stock and charged to the room (more points!!)

Location: There are a few grocey store/starbucks/mc donalds and dunkin donuts nearby. Around 5 minutes walk with luggage ot the hynes/ICA T stop but you can also go to the Prudential Centre ( lots of shops) by walking through the passageway at the Sheraton (across the road)
Overall a good hotel, a bit noisy from the lift at times but good location and good value at $109. Would probably stay there again for around the same price.

Hope this helps.

Please Email me with any futher questions

Happy new year to all FT'ers
Old Jan 3, 2002, 1:11 pm

I wrote a trip report and here is the link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002464.html
Old Jan 4, 2002, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
Stayed 11/30 for 2 nights and was "upgraded" to a corner room with the large rounded windows. Decent view, but not frequenting Boston, I had no idea what I was looking at. As far as comparison to Towers/Executive rooms I've stayed in the past, this was a bit small. The best thing was the huge shower with heads on both sides of the wall.

I did get free breakfast and Boodles was open and had a buffet. Good location and it should warm up in April...you can walk to Newbury and Boston Common.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 10:57 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Found this while doing a search.
Now, has anyone recently been upgraded to the "Executive level"? And is there a lounge there? This seems to be a property where one often is told they have an upgrade, but the room is "nice sized, but not large." Makes one feel there really has been no upgrade. I will try this site again in August. Not too many HH options in Boston.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 11:06 am

To be clear, the Hilton Boston Back Bay does not have an Executive Level according to my last stay. I was give a supposed "upgraded room" (just a partial corner) and the breakfast certificates.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

When I was a HH Silver I stayed at the Back Bay over New Year 2001/2002. I was put on the 16th floor which had a Hilton HHonors floor sign.
The rooms were standard but did get newspapers daily ( including the Boston Globe on Sunday) which was very good ($2) free.
Overall quite a good hotel. ( There was no buffet breakfast served when I was there so I walked across the street to the Sheraton)

Regards
TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.