Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond lounge access for how many guests in the room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I am pretty sure that in previous years I received lounge access as Diamond for myself, wife and son in the room. Last year at the Conrad Centennial in Singapore they wanted payment for the third person in the room. My son was 12 at the time, maybe that was the reason. can someone enlighten me what the rule is?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

per the T&Cs

Member Benefit Details and Disclaimers for Hilton Honors

Executive Lounge Access

The following policy applies at all LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Signia by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton hotels with Executive Lounges. Executive Lounges are available only at select properties. Excludes the Sakura Club at Conrad Washington, D.C, Citrus Club at Arizona Biltmore and Club Signia at Signia by Hilton hotels.

A Diamond member and up to one additional guest registered to the same room will enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Lounge, even if that Member does not receive a room upgrade to a room type that includes access to the Executive Lounge. Excludes the Sakura Club at Conrad Washington, D.C., Citrus Club at Arizona Biltmore and Club Signia at Signia by Hilton hotels.

It looks like for you and 1 guest registered to the same room.

Some hotels may go above and beyond this but mileage may vary

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 9, 2024, 1:47 pm

Varies widely IME.
SPN Lifer and janwillem like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Varies widely IME.
I've yet to encounter any problem guesting someone who is not registered to my room
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I recently stayed at the Hilton Singapore Orchard and they allowed 3 adults in the lounge. Breakfast in the restaurant was also included as was the rollaway bed. This was a points booking as a Diamond
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
I recently stayed at the Hilton Singapore Orchard and they allowed 3 adults in the lounge. Breakfast in the restaurant was also included as was the rollaway bed. This was a points booking as a Diamond
Were they registered to one room or multiple?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The two guests is the rule for when you're not upgraded. If you check the Gold terms, it doesn't mention how many get access to the lounge if a Gold member is allocated a room type that confers Executive lounge access.

Therefore, my understanding of the rule is, if the room is booked for the right amount of persons and the room is upgraded to a type that confers access then all persons get access to the lounge. I point out the correct number of persons, because extra guest stays free doesn't make 2 + 1 per the rules. It's just for one room.

At the Millennium Bangkok they deliberately limit occupancy to two for those staying in an Executive room, despite it being the same size as the Premium and Deluxe (standard) rooms that allow 3.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've yet to encounter any problem guesting someone who is not registered to my room
I agree for a 2nd person. But are you implying that you have never had a problem guesting more than 1 other? That is not my experience but then I am referring to an external guest. I have never shared a room with 2 other people so I don't have experience with this situation but the Ts and Cs are clear
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Were they registered to one room or multiple?
They were registered to one room - twin deluxe upgraded to twin deluxe city view. I booked the room for 3 adults. The rate was the same as it was for 2 adults

Last edited by martyYYZ; Mar 16, 2024 at 7:06 pm
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:12 pm
soy

Programs: various
I think the key is the kid being 12
Official rules are just for guest +1, though YMMV
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
It is simple, 2 pax can enjoy the diamond benefits per room, anything beyond that is a gift.

Now I have had instances where I booked 2 rooms for. 2 pax per room and confirmed ahead if the 2 pax of the other room would be granted the same benefit, usually they are as the hotel wants the business, I contact the hotels before booking, but some are stickers for the rules. I also have had breakfast charges for the second room after I agreed before booking it would be free, that was obviously effectively dealt with.

Globalist
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s two pax per room if you’re not upgraded to a type that gives you access, if you are then it’s for how many pax you booked, limited to one room.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:28 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Concur with 2 per room, However some lounges offer additional guests to be added at $x per day (I'm thinking the 30-40 range), I noticed this option was available at each of the last two properties I stayed in which had lounges.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:38 am

It would be good if the DT Glasgow Central could sort this out.

Despite the sign outside the lounge which appeared a while back, I get the impression there are many people in there who are in excess of the guest limit, e.g. not even staying in the same room or without Diamond status.

And there's still many guests - shamelessly and without any challenge from the staff - using it as a free convenience store, walking in and grabbing handfuls of snacks and drinks (or stuffing them into their bags) and leaving immediately afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.