Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2024 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:19 am
Original Poster

The website Hilton/resorts returns all Hilton properties even when I entered date and region. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bobcat745
The website Hilton/resorts returns all Hilton properties even when I entered date and region. Anyone else having this problem?
T The search bar at the top of the page will not limit you to resorts automatically.
You can either filter so only resorts appear (under "Hotel Type"), or click on the link that says "explore more resorts" which takes you to
https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/?cid=OH,MB,ResortsAll,MULTIPR,Tile,Home,SingleLink ,i81646
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
T The search bar at the top of the page will not limit you to resorts automatically.
You can either filter so only resorts appear (under "Hotel Type"), or click on the link that says "explore more resorts" which takes you to
https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/...gleLink,i81646

According to FAQ, the "explore more resorts" doesn't give the accurate list?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: HH, *G
I've had mixed success... it seems to take you to the standard search page with no city and resorts pre-filled. But I feel like I've seen the filter not be applied... maybe that was just some bug.

In any case, I can see why this can be confusing. The static list of resorts no longer exists, but at least the map + filter page seems to be the definitive list. You do need to double check that the filter is active, but it does allow you to combine corporate / promo / special rates when searching more easily than before.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:42 pm

That FAQ is unfortunately outdated. I do not know when it appeared, but for quite a long time there is no list at that link

there have been no recent reports of properties that appear with the filter "resorts", which is all the link to "Explore More Resorts" does, not qualifying.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 1, 2024 at 1:48 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I am not sure what to believe. Apparenly Hilton internal knows about some 'resorts' that we cannot filter on the web ourselves. Random...
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Plan worked - paid $250 on both aspire cards while checking in 12/27, and $200 on one of them while checking out. First Credits posted today, still showing $200 available this year.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I am not sure what to believe. Apparenly Hilton internal knows about some 'resorts' that we cannot filter on the web ourselves. Random...
Try the website on mobile, http://www.hilton.com/resorts . For some reason it doesn't always filter right on desktop lately.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
As noted in the other threads where you have said this, that a Hilton chat agent says a hotel is a resort because you thought a property should be on the list (because it has a resort fee) but wasn't is not a particularly reliable data point. Amex administers the credit, not Hilton. If your charge at that property does not trigger the resort credit for Amex, you will not have much of a leg to stand on.

Rather than oblique posts in many threads concluding there is a secret list, you might be better off looking at the thread for the specific property you are concerned with and seeing if anyone has reported it being on a secret list for Aspire purposes.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As noted in the other threads where you have said this, that a Hilton chat agent says a hotel is a resort because you thought a property should be on the list (because it has a resort fee) but wasn't is not a particularly reliable data point. Amex administers the credit, not Hilton. If your charge at that property does not trigger the resort credit for Amex, you will not have much of a leg to stand on.

Rather than oblique posts in many threads concluding there is a secret list, you might be better off looking at the thread for the specific property you are concerned with and seeing if anyone has reported it being on a secret list for Aspire purposes.
I am fully aware a Hilton web search does not list the particular property I am staying as 'Resort'. However a Hilton rep has confirmed it IS a resort and I will be able to use the $200 credit there. I did not TELL him to put the resort on the list and he agreed, lol. Its already on there, but mistakenly not listed in the web search. Not sure how this qualifies as 'not much of a leg to stand on' unless outright lying is involved in which case yes, then I've been had but not thru any fault of my own.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Hey flyers,
Between P2 and I, we have 6 Aspire total. Per the new changes to the resort credit (semi-annual), if my stay, say WA Maldives, in August, I can do an advance deposit $200 each now and then use the remaining $200 when I check out should trigger? TIA
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott, HIlton, IHG, United
Originally Posted by rice4u
Hey flyers,
Between P2 and I, we have 6 Aspire total. Per the new changes to the resort credit (semi-annual), if my stay, say WA Maldives, in August, I can do an advance deposit $200 each now and then use the remaining $200 when I check out should trigger? TIA
That should work as long as they are able to take deposits in advance and it shows as a Hilton WA charge on your credit card instead of a third party charge. We were able to do similar with our expiring $250 credit at an international Hilton resort for a January reservation. We expect to apply the deposit and the $200 1H credit for this stay.

However not all Hilton's can do this. There was a different Hilton resort in the area that was flustered when it came to taking a deposit. So we stayed elsewhere. YMMV. If it were me, I would apply the deposit just prior to the end of June expiration so there is less time lag between the deposit and the stay in August.

Last edited by TravelCarol; Jan 7, 2024 at 7:26 pm
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott, HIlton, IHG, United
Originally Posted by italdesign
There are a few different concepts with similar wording ("prepayment"). Just to clarify for future discussion:

Prepaying for a stay on Hilton.com or any website at the time of booking (such as nonrefundable rate) - these generally don't trigger the resort credit. *Exception* - some non-US properties do trigger the credit, as they process the charge directly rather than Hilton.com.

Making a voluntary advanced deposit / prepayment towards a future reservation, charged directly by the resort - these do trigger the resort credit. Reach out to the resort to make the deposit.

Another related category is mandatory deposit imposed by certain resorts. These are usually charged directly by the resort within a few days of booking and do trigger the credit.
Nice summary! I've noticed some mandatory 1 night deposits in the US demanded when reserved with the Hilton.com app. Will those trigger since they are paid via Hilton.com? or do you need to contact the resort to pay it directly?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by TravelCarol
That should work as long as they are able to take deposits in advance and it shows as a Hilton WA charge on your credit card instead of a third party charge. We were able to do similar with our expiring $250 credit at an international Hilton resort for a January reservation. We expect to apply the deposit and the $200 1H credit for this stay.

However not all Hilton's can do this. There was a different Hilton resort in the area that was flustered when it came to taking a deposit. So we stayed elsewhere. YMMV. If it were me, I would apply the deposit just prior to the end of June expiration so there is less time lag between the deposit and the stay in August.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by TravelCarol
Nice summary! I've noticed some mandatory 1 night deposits in the US demanded when reserved with the Hilton.com app. Will those trigger since they are paid via Hilton.com? or do you need to contact the resort to pay it directly?
Awesome!
I might look for more DPs for the WA Maldives.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:55 pm

Am I thinking right booking fhr at Rome waldorf, $100fhr plus 200 amex for massage split the bill and I'm good to go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.