Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ways to earn base points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Ways to earn base points

Through a miscalculation I am about 200 base points away from requalifying for Diamond, have no more travel planned for the year, and am not even close using stays or nights. Is there any way to close this gap besides booking the cheapest local place I can find and checking in? It looks like all the other ways to earn points get you only bonus points, not base points.

Are you able to earn for F&B at a hotel if it's not associated with a stay?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:32 pm

Do you have a Hilton card? I think the point still count this year
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Stripe
Through a miscalculation I am about 200 base points away from requalifying for Diamond, have no more travel planned for the year, and am not even close using stays or nights. Is there any way to close this gap besides booking the cheapest local place I can find and checking in? It looks like all the other ways to earn points get you only bonus points, not base points.

Are you able to earn for F&B at a hotel if it's not associated with a stay?
Hi

Not sure about F& B dining earning points if not associated with a stay in but the safest would be the cheapest local Hilton and check in and go to the room ( you may not need to spend the night in the room)
For requalifying for diamond I would do this

Regards

TBS

Sorry misread AUS for Austraila but I think some of the hilton amex card spend will count as base points as Schnit mentioned
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Charging something on your Hilton Amex would be easiest:

How long will Bonus Points count towards Elite tier qualification? 

Bonus Points earned through eligible purchases on your Hilton Honors American Express card that post to your Hilton Honors account between now and December 31, 2023 will be considered Base Points that count toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond Status. 
https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...estone-bonuses

But as noted by TBS if you don't have the cc then a stay it will probably have to be.

Restaurant only visits to a hotel work for Hyatt but not for Hilton.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the Amex suggestion. I guess if I was desperate to minimize the cost I could get the no fee Hilton Amex and charge $200 on it. But I'll probably just wait to see if something comes up in the next month where I need to get a hotel anyway, and then opt for a mattress run stay later in the month if needed.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.