Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex UK £50 credit on £200 spend in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:37 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

If you have the Amex card in the UK, there might be a £50 credit on £200 spend

Most hotels in UK and Europe are covered apart from Portugal, which is never included.

Cumulative spend is usually allowed.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Seen other reports of 9000 Amex points for spending the same.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:27 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Yes on the Amex Platinum
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
9000 on my Amex gold. £50 on my BA cards. Seems to be appearing on supplementary cards too for potentially a second bite of the cherry.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Appeared on other half's free rewards card, nothing as yet on my rewards or Gold card.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Nothing on my Platinum.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
I have a stay I need to sort in Edi in mid-Nov and before I book, through the Hilton website or app, one of the hotels on the list, I just wanted to check that if I book an Advance Purchase (non-change, non-refund) or a Semi-Flex (change or cancel up to 5 days before) these would both be charged by the hotel (either now or at my stay) rather than centrally through hilton.com and so they would both count for the offer?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
I have a stay I need to sort in Edi in mid-Nov and before I book, through the Hilton website or app, one of the hotels on the list, I just wanted to check that if I book an Advance Purchase (non-change, non-refund) or a Semi-Flex (change or cancel up to 5 days before) these would both be charged by the hotel (either now or at my stay) rather than centrally through hilton.com and so they would both count for the offer?
Almost certainly in the case of advance purchase, and always for semi-flex (as that is just charged on check-out).

Since the system upgrade to be PSD2 compliant, Hilton in the UK usually charges advance purchase immediately on booking and it appears as a charge from the hotel. I have used this many times and always immediately received the cashback. There may of course be some hotels where this does not happen, but seems pretty consistent now. Regardless, as you are staying during the offer period anyway, the worst case is that the hotel charges it at some other time instead - you would still qualify.

This is also different than in other countries, like the US, where there is central charging.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ao40
Almost certainly in the case of advance purchase, and always for semi-flex (as that is just charged on check-out).
Thanks for the great response ao40
Now to see if the other half is happy with a Hampton!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.